(Topic ID: 218843)

There should be a rap pin.

By Luckydogg420

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should there be a rap pin made?”

• Yes, I’d buy one right away 72 votes
      20%
    • Yes, I’d buy one used eventually 32 votes
      9%
    • Yes, even though I don’t like rap 20 votes
      6%
    • Sure, but only after a couple more rock pins 1 vote
    • It’s time for a country music pin, you can have rap later 8 votes
      2%
    • It’s time for an electronic dance music pin, you can have rap later 23 votes
      6%
    • No, only make more rock pins, I won’t buy this 31 votes
      9%
    • No, rap is just a fad, don’t waste your time 11 votes
      3%
    • No, I hate rap music and everything about it 161 votes
      45%

(Multiple choice - 359 votes by 340 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180621-173656 (resized).png
    me-listening-to-songs-about-selling-drugs-and-killing-people-on-my-way-to-a-regular-9-5-job-adul-1HkkD (resized).jpg
    2821056_Still (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    aggretsuko (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180616-160520 (resized).png
    a1-2 (resized).jpg
    rs_rundmc_lead-bc248ede-688a-4ccf-a506-46e4fc86b1f9 (resized).png
    mr_-yuk (resized).jpg
    2c8mty (resized).jpg
    San_andreas_4 (resized).jpg
    22-watch-chappie-2 (resized).jpg
    indsssex (resized).jpg
    MJ1A8725 (resized).jpg
    079924702fc8a36ea016db8f55a296ba.gif
    vanilla-ice-project-e1497968174595 (resized).jpg
    There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #351 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I wonder if the gaming industry and games like GTA would even bother with pinball.
    I think that would be really cool though. A new Red Dead Redemption coming, much better than a Cactus Canyon remake
    Stern can’t get old songs into GOTG and JJP can’t get anything into POTC
    Maybe Kygo or Marshmello could spin a pin

kygo's nice! great producer

#353 5 years ago

Except when the white guy uses the n word, he can expect certain repercussions.

#354 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Old white guy checkin in.
    While we're here, can one of you young, hip mf's point me in the direction of some hardcore/grimy underground Five Burroughs-type shit?

Meek Mill - Pray For Em

-

Run the Jewels - Close Your Eyes

-

TC / Jakes - Next Hype

#355 5 years ago

Yeah Boi...LOL

#356 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Truly one of the great social injustices of modern times.

#357 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I find it very hard to sing along to some of my favorite songs, because I’m not allowed to say all of the artists lyrics.

At karaoke I resort to Young MC, Bust a Move.

#358 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Love it when white guys try to talk black.....

"Black" is not a language. Come out of your barn and meet some new people when you get a spare moment.

My sister and brother-in-law are both black. Never heard them speak this language you refer to.

It's urban slang, and it's available for anyone of any walk of life to speak. You should try it

#359 5 years ago

According to the OP's current downvotes and upvotes this is pinside civil war.
    Screenshot_20180616-160520 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180616-160520 (resized).png

Also, as far as a pin with rap in it- its going to happen sooner or later.

Https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/990873001

#360 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

According to the OP's current downvotes and upvotes this is pinside civil war.

I'll take my 15 up votes as an indication that although not overwhelmingly decisive, there are many pinsiders that would surely rather have a Snoop Dogg game than another Aerosmith.

I still gotta wonder how much Aerosmith or even Kiss paid them to make those games.

#362 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

Never heard them speak this language you refer to.

You're in Canada!!

#363 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

You're in Canada!!

My sister is an American

#364 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I was curious so I tried to do a little research into what the best selling death metal band was (a genre I also enjoy btw)

Aurich, hear me out...
    aggretsuko (resized).pngaggretsuko (resized).png

https://assets.vogue.com/photos/5ae78d449f4bfd7f3719ea6a/master/w_780,c_limit/00-story-Aggretsuko.gif

#365 5 years ago

Regardless of the rap man / group, Gotta have cassette tapes and turn tables fo sho! In all but not seriousness this is eazy e.. Do a Yo! MTV Raps pin w/ a Headbangers Ball alternative PF. Cab would be Yo! on one side and Headbangers Ball on the other. Dre....Ed Lover and Ricky>? Dream Team!

Problem solved let the production start!

#366 5 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

magine if TNA had old rock music. Does anyone here honestly think it would have the same success as it has with AWESOME electronic music that relates to people NOW?

I might actually buy it then, anything would be better than Polish Disco.

#367 5 years ago

If 50 Cent was a pinhead:
    I don't know what you heard about me
    A pin always get a dollar out of me
    I give a nudge an get a warning on LCD screen
    Another *very upsetting* T-I-L-T

* probably not 50 Cent's first choice of explicative.

#368 5 years ago

I could get into a rhyme warfare type of game, something like Allen Ginsberg vs. the Wu Wu Klan.

#369 5 years ago

LOL @ the voting results so far...

Anyway, I think a Gorillaz machine would be perfect, and it bridges the gap between rock and rap. There are 4 regular members of the band + handfuls of collaborators, allowing for a character selector function, and their discography is huge. The band's reliance on digital would also be an easy way to represent in a machine; all of their videos already incorporate animation in some respect.

#370 5 years ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Also, as far as a pin with rap in it- its going to happen sooner or later.

It will...we just have to wait for all these racist pizza bellies to buck the kickett...

#371 5 years ago

It's bad enough I have to hear this "music" blasting out of someones car speakers every time I'm at the gas station putting $3+ per gallon in my tank. I mean in the summer it never seems to fail and then they leave it cranked to eleven the entire time I'm at the pump but yet there inside the entire time getting another pack of smokes and lottery tickets. With that said I surely don't want it in the world of pinball as well because the volume would have to be over 120 db's I'm sure.

John

#372 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

It's bad enough I have to hear this "music" blasting out of someones car speakers every time I'm at the gas station putting $3+ per gallon in my tank. I mean in the summer it never seems to fail and then they leave it cranked to eleven the entire time I'm at the pump but yet there inside the entire time getting another pack of smokes and lottery tickets. With that said I surely don't want it in the world of pinball as well because the volume would have to be over 120 db's I'm sure.

John

Wow. Why don’t you tell us how you really feel about “this ‘music’”. I mean how dare someone in public listen to music they enjoy loud enough for you to hear. How despicable, “they leave it cranked” while their inside paying. That would never happen with someone listening to rock and roll. I mean rock and roll has a long history of respecting others by listening quietly. Like all these hippity hop guys just want to fight for their right to party.

#373 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

It's bad enough I have to hear this "music" blasting out of someones car speakers every time I'm at the gas station

I'm sure old people say the same thing when a car is blasting Slayer while pumping gas, especially when it's all treble.

#374 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

"Black" is not a language. Come out of your barn and meet some new people when you get a spare moment.
    My sister and brother-in-law are both black. Never heard them speak this language you refer to.
    It's urban slang, and it's available for anyone of any walk of life to speak. You should try it

Lets not get nutz with terms - Ebonics, Urban slang or even Black is acceptable.

"American black English regarded as a language in its own right rather than as a dialect of standard English."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_English

#375 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'm sure old people say the same thing when a car is blasting Slayer while pumping gas, especially when it's all treble.

Well said Vid, also there are noise enforcements in some cities & towns that should be enforced, and besides it's common decency in public.

#376 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I don't care what kind of music it is, if ur blasting it at the gas station then u are a douche bag. If u are blasting it in any way as to cause a disturbance to others then again Douche bag. I like to listen to stuff loud don't get me wrong but in the right environment, once ur playing it loud to impress others or "look at me" uhmmm I trying to find to find the correct term.............. Oh yeah Douche Bag.

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg
    #377 5 years ago

Rappers don’t play pinball because they are always grabbing their crotch. That’s why they don’t play any instruments.

#378 5 years ago
    Quoted from rolandnadeau:

Anyway, I think a Gorillaz machine would be perfect, and it bridges the gap between rock and rap.

If it's good enough for Clint Eastwood and Bruce Willis, it's good enough for me.

#379 5 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Lets not get nutz with terms - Ebonics, Urban slang or even Black is acceptable.
    "American black English regarded as a language in its own right rather than as a dialect of standard English."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_English

There are white people on the east coast of Canada that I barely understand due to their accent and local vocab. There are people in the UK that speak in cockney which is essentially a language unto itself.

But we never say they speak "white". We just accept they speak differently. Could be geographic. Could be economic. Could be cultural. Regardless, it's just different.

Ebonics (regardless of what you're learning on Wikipedia) is not exclusive or limit to blacks. White, Asians, etc., adopt it as well.

The number of black people that speak "Ebonics" is a miniscule fraction compared to everyone else that speak just as "white" as you.

But again... It's not white, it's just familiar.

Maybe go make a black friend or two. You'll be disappointed to know they're just the same as all your white friends

#381 5 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

imagine if TNA had old rock music.

That would literally.. SUCK!!!!

#382 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Well said Vid, also there are noise enforcements in some cities & towns that should be enforced, and besides it's common decency in public.

Exactly. Plus I can't think of a single time I heard Slayer (ugh) or any other rock and roll being blasted out of the speakers at a gas station, 99% of the time it's either Rap or country. I'd feel the same way about it no matter what kind of music was being played so loud that I could still hear it. Its just like you said, common decency.

John

#383 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't care what kind of music it is, if ur blasting it at the gas station then u are a douche bag. If u are blasting it in any way as to cause a disturbance to others then again Douche bag. I like to listen to stuff loud don't get me wrong but in the right environment, once ur playing it loud to impress others or "look at me" uhmmm I trying to find to find the correct term.............. Oh yeah Douche Bag.

You see, this is what I'm talking about. It can be any kind of music, not just rap so cool your jets guys.

John

#384 5 years ago

Gorillaz is good stuff.

#385 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

The number of black people that speak "Ebonics" is a miniscule fraction compared to everyone else that speak just as "white" as you. But again... It's not white, it's just familiar.
    Maybe go make a black friend or two. You'll be disappointed to know they're just the same as all your white friends

You haven't a clue who I am or what friends I have so F-Off with your self righteous attitude. I may be of color for all you know. Just because you have black family members doesn't make you the keeper of what is politically correct.

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Gorillaz is good stuff.

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
    I got sunshine in a bag
    I'm useless but not for long
    The future is coming on....

#387 5 years ago

Uff Blur Rap.

#388 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Plus I can't think of a single time I heard Slayer (ugh) or any other rock and roll being blasted out of the speakers at a gas station, 99% of the time it's either Rap or country. I'd feel the same way about it no matter what kind of music was being played so loud that I could still hear it. Its just like you said, common decency.

Come to Ohio and bask in the glory of Slayer or Lamb of God blasted at the gas station.

No bass, just screechy, distorted treble at 140db

It's so distorted, you actually wish they had a boomin system playing Hiphop.

2821056_Still (resized).jpg2821056_Still (resized).jpg
    #389 5 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

I may be of color for all you know.

People still say this?

Last time I checked, white was a colour, no?

#390 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

Last time I checked, white was a colour, no?

Yeah, if you are an albino.

#391 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damien:

There are white people on the east coast of Canada...

Let's clear up one goddamn thing right now; those are NOT white people, they're French.

#392 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Why is that do you think? I mean, that's a pretty strong reaction to the idea. Like, I could give a fuck less about Elvis or Kiss, and I've still played their pins. Not having them exist wouldn't be my priority if I was blessed with some 1000 year lifespan.
    Is the idea of something you don't care for being enjoyed by others that distasteful? Are you just really racist? Did a rapper run off with your wife?
    I'm always amused when this topic comes up how strong people's feelings are for things they won't buy even existing. Few themes seem to engender this kind of outrage.
    I really do just think it's because a lot of people on this site are racist by the way, which is why you get these suggestions for Beastie Boys, Eminem, and Kid Rock instead (there's a thing tying them together, exercise for the reader to figure out). But if it's the wife thing it sounds like a hell of story, so do share.

Surely you mean Elvis Costello? How can anyone not like (at least) one era of ELVIS? Smh.

#393 5 years ago

I blast my Slayer/Autopsy/Dying Fetus/Pimp C at the gas station, the train station, the post office, the grocery store, my driveway, at the hotel, at the beach, and also in the drive thru.
    Why? Because that's how it's supposed to be played, and also, because I fucking can.

#394 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Going to attempt to get this back on topic if anyone cares to try with me.
    I was curious so I tried to do a little research into what the best selling death metal band was (a genre I also enjoy btw). This was the best I could come up with:
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-highest-selling-death-metal-bands
    Number one was Cannibal Corpse, at 558,929
    That's actually crazy to me, I would have thought they were a little too hardcore to be #1, but shock value and a guest appearance in Ace Ventura maybe did the trick. I think we can all agree Cannibal Corpse is an unlikely choice for a pin. Doubt any company wants to do a game for a band that has songs like "Entrails Ripped From A Virgin's C**t"
    Okay, so too extreme, but there's a sales benchmark, just as a general gauge of popularity.
    Let's slide back down the scale a little, and look at Slayer (another good band). There was a rumor that there would be a Slayer pin that didn't pan out. There is actually a digital Slayer pin, you can buy it for your phone. So not that crazy, just slightly fringe maybe.
    According to Wikipedia Slayer sold 4,900,000 albums in the United States from 1991 to 2013. So not entirely up to date info, but we can see they're quite a bit more popular than Cannibal Corpse. They had some early jokey Satan lyrics, but mostly talk about things like war and violence. Edge case, maybe not huge huge sales, but I think you could probably pull it off.
    To put this in perspective though, Outkast has the best selling rap album of all time, at 11.4 million units. One album more than doubled Slayer's sales for everything.
    I'm not saying sales = quality, but Outkast was a great group, not pop garbage. Well produced, thoughtful, and also very popular. Which gets to the point, rap is huge. A fuckton of people listen to it. People who are real music fans, dedicated fans, the kind of people you sell games to. Like Metallica, like Iron Maiden.
    I don't care about Iron Maiden, plenty of people on Pinside don't care for them, and have said so. Game is still great, and people who don't even like the music much are buying it. And maybe it expands pinball some if a fan who wasn't a player gets one.
    You might not like techno and electronic music, but you might like Tron and TNA. Hard hitting beats make good pinball music. It's just not a crazy or fringe idea to think that rap beats wouldn't also work. If rap fans couldn't also expand the reach of pinball.

Hard hitting beats. Try Power by Kanye West. That song is a hard hitting, heart pounding, great sounding, incisive, truth telling, work of art and genius, and easily as good as any song on any pin ever. And I think Kanye is a very odd bird and an ass. But the dude has talent. Maybe not according to Neo. I wouldn’t want a Kanye pin, but Power can be on any pin anytime IMO.

This thread is hilarious. The irony, so much tone deaf-ness.

And the poll sucks. Very poorly written. 10 choices and not one that reflects my viewpoint. And I’m not that special. I’m sure many people look at those choices and think, ok, this wasn’t gauged to get any real pulse here.

#395 5 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m just amazed that with 9 poll choices that included everything from yes, even thought I don’t like rap; to, sure, after more other music pins; to, no, I hate everything about it; that the majority of votes could be so polarizing. I thought that the pinball (pinside) community would be more open minded and accepting of new demographics.
    I just don’t understand why you (a rock fan) wouldn’t want another person to be able to enjoy their favorite music in a pin, the same way you do. I enjoy a very wide verity of music, and would love a diverse pinball collection to match.

How about: “if it’s a well designed, fun pin, I’ll probably like it and want to have it someday.” .?

That’s my answer regardless of theme. Example: Iron Maiden (and at least a dozen others).

#396 5 years ago

I have actually made friends/discovered new music from cars blastin at the gas station (including mine.) I mean, just how long you gonna be at that fuckin pump anyway? Whole 8 minutes of loud music is really fuckin yer day up? Gtfo.

#397 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I mean, just how long you gonna be at that fuckin pump anyways? Whole 10 minutes of loud music is really fuckin yer day up? Gtfo.

Depends on if you fill up at costco or not.

Shit, I'd suffer through trough a whole album of Bruce full blast, rather than watch those feeble fools in front of me dick around instead of putting the nozzle in and getting down to business.

#398 5 years ago

Well just make sure it's this one then OD

#399 5 years ago

Probably still less painful than watching those fools finish their phone calls and then start searching for their costco cards.

#400 5 years ago
    me-listening-to-songs-about-selling-drugs-and-killing-people-on-my-way-to-a-regular-9-5-job-adul-1HkkD (resized).jpgme-listening-to-songs-about-selling-drugs-and-killing-people-on-my-way-to-a-regular-9-5-job-adul-1HkkD (resized).jpg
    There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-should-be-a-rap-pin-/page/8?hl=a-1bogart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.