(Topic ID: 218843)

There should be a rap pin.

By Luckydogg420

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should there be a rap pin made?”

• Yes, I’d buy one right away 72 votes
      20%
    • Yes, I’d buy one used eventually 32 votes
      9%
    • Yes, even though I don’t like rap 20 votes
      6%
    • Sure, but only after a couple more rock pins 1 vote
    • It’s time for a country music pin, you can have rap later 8 votes
      2%
    • It’s time for an electronic dance music pin, you can have rap later 23 votes
      6%
    • No, only make more rock pins, I won’t buy this 31 votes
      9%
    • No, rap is just a fad, don’t waste your time 11 votes
      3%
    • No, I hate rap music and everything about it 161 votes
      45%

(Multiple choice - 359 votes by 340 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180621-173656 (resized).png
    me-listening-to-songs-about-selling-drugs-and-killing-people-on-my-way-to-a-regular-9-5-job-adul-1HkkD (resized).jpg
    2821056_Still (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    aggretsuko (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180616-160520 (resized).png
    a1-2 (resized).jpg
    rs_rundmc_lead-bc248ede-688a-4ccf-a506-46e4fc86b1f9 (resized).png
    mr_-yuk (resized).jpg
    2c8mty (resized).jpg
    San_andreas_4 (resized).jpg
    22-watch-chappie-2 (resized).jpg
    indsssex (resized).jpg
    MJ1A8725 (resized).jpg
    079924702fc8a36ea016db8f55a296ba.gif
    vanilla-ice-project-e1497968174595 (resized).jpg
    There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

The only rap pin that makes sense would be...

Fight the power!

I'd definitely go for a Monsters of Rap-esque theme...

#102 5 years ago

IMO modern pinball is now in the most un-cool era in it's entire history. Even as somebody that is "supposedly" in the demographic range these newer retro licensed old rock star and movie games are aimed at, I find nothing cool about them at all.

I find it rather unfortunate that this is what it has taken to keep pinball alive. When and if pinball decides to ever become "cool" again, I might be interested in supporting it.

Cool-

rs-10918-snoop-624-1368121236 (1) (resized).jpgrs-10918-snoop-624-1368121236 (1) (resized).jpg

Uncool-
    3762d9e9d44b90f6a5e88d04d99c089a (resized).jpg3762d9e9d44b90f6a5e88d04d99c089a (resized).jpg

#103 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

IMO modern pinball is now in the most un-cool era in it's entire history. Even as somebody that is "supposedly" in the demographic range these newer retro licensed old rock star and movie games are aimed at, I find nothing cool about them at all.
    I find it rather unfortunate that this is what it has taken to keep pinball alive. When and if pinball decides to ever become "cool" again, I might be interested in supporting it.
    Cool-

Uncool-

You still hijacking every thread to complain about pinball themes?

#104 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Cool-

Uncool-

I don't know how cool Snoop is anymore. Have you watched his Jokers Wild game show? My IQ dropped 50pts last night watching that shit show.

#105 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

You still hijacking every thread to complain about pinball themes?

I been gone for over a month sucka!

#106 5 years ago

Sorry if someone already mentioned this but a Kid Rock pin would make everyone happy!

#107 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

More
    I don't know how cool Snoop is anymore. Have you watched his Jokers Wild game show? My IQ dropped 50pts last night watching that shit show.

Def not as good as the original, but he's fantastic in it.

Kid Rock no good. His early rap shit is awesome but no one even knows that stuff.
    It's basically just country now.

#108 5 years ago

Beasty boys ....maybe

Sabotage multiball!!!!
    It's kinda fitting lyrics!

I can't stand it, I know you planned it
    I'mma set it straight, this Watergate
    I can't stand rockin' when I'm in here
    'Cause your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear
    So while you sit back and wonder why
    I got this fuckin' thorn in my side
    Oh my god, it's a mirage
    I'm tellin' y'all, it's sabotage
    So, so, so, so listen up, 'cause you can't say nothin'
    You'll shut me down with a push of your button
    But, yo, I'm out and I'm gone
    I'll tell you now, I keep it on and on

#109 5 years ago
    Quoted from Swainer80:

Snoop Dogg needs a pinbizzle! I can name at least a couple of his songs (unlike a current ferrous band pinball)

Back when Leno was on he used to appear a lot. Would have been great for sales for him to show it off there.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Seems longer......

castaway (resized).jpgcastaway (resized).jpg
    #111 5 years ago

Yes - and here it is.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #112 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

When rap fans have $5-$10k of disposable income in large enough numbers to drive sales someone will make a rap pin. Get a popular rapper to play pinball in a few videos to plant the seed.

Rap fans are poor? Iron Maiden and Metallica scream affluence? I don’t get it.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Yes - and here it is.

Phenomenal game!

#114 5 years ago

Did anyone actually buy the last Wu? The "real instruments" type shit? Cause I did. T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E. And I'm a LONGtime fan.
    Waitin for the dirty ass/grimy NYC samples left me like this:
    maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    Spoiler: there were none.

#115 5 years ago

Fresh Prince of Bel Air

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

El único pin de rap que tiene sentido sería ...

#118 5 years ago

Out of 9 poll options, there's no option for "I would play one". Just "I would spend $7000 on this", "I would buy it used", or "I'd buy something else". No one just wants to go on location and drop and a dollar into the machine?

This is why we get so many old man themes

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

"Open mindedness" has zero to do with my taste in music and I resent the implication. I was hoping the debate here would remain civil(and for the most part it has) but someone always has to raise this invalid point. The music I listen to and purchase comes from a very diverse bunch in the music industry. Always has. Always will. As a "crotchety old white guy" I know what I like and what I don't. Not caring for the vast majority of rap music doesn't make me "closed minded." Move on.
    Shawn

There is the option of "Yes, even though I don’t like rap" in the poll. It's cool to let people with different taste than you enjoy pinball too.

#120 5 years ago

I'm not overly knowledgeable of the entire history of rap and hip hop music. But I've heard quite a few gems I really like a lot. First rap song I heard was Walk This Way by Aerosmith it would seem.

#121 5 years ago

Rap makes everything better..

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Rap hace todo mejor ...

Jajajaajajajajajaj

#123 5 years ago

Seems like the voters have decided, No Rap Pin!!

#125 5 years ago

So it's a maybe?

#126 5 years ago

Classy <- Still not immaculate though...

53nL.gif53nL.gif5Chw.gif5Chw.gifAcidicAdventurousAbalone-size_restricted.gifAcidicAdventurousAbalone-size_restricted.gifgiphyda.gifgiphyda.giftumblr_n97oz39wo91tnzwcoo1_500.giftumblr_n97oz39wo91tnzwcoo1_500.gif

#127 5 years ago

I rest my case!!!

#128 5 years ago

Hoo-boy...
    Makes me wish eaglesun would chime in with his thoughts.
    That guy’s the definition of tolerance/understanding and on a side note, also makes some wicked mojitos.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Obviously didn’t spend the time off working on fresh material.

#130 5 years ago

Says the dude with 19 grammatical errors in his post, but I digress.

Generalizing hip hop as the last few posts have done is about as ignorant as saying all rock & roll is satanic music.

#131 5 years ago

Lol @ “they.”

Yeah man. We get it.

Did rap ruin anybody else’s neighborhood or just the Hawk’s?

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Disco 3 literally BROKE one of my neighbor’s favorite garden viewing benches!
    No, not really...

#133 5 years ago

This right here basically tells you everything you need to know about Pinside, totally fucking sad.

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 8.30.03 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-06-12 at 8.30.03 AM (resized).png
    #134 5 years ago

I'd love for this person to spend one day in the hood, any hood besides their gated community.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol @ “they.”
    Yeah man. We get it.

#135 5 years ago

I think RUN DMC makes the most sense seeing they were also inducted into the RNR hall of fame.

Quoted from o-din:

I'm not overly knowledgeable of the entire history of rap and hip hop music. But I've heard quite a few gems I really like a lot. First rap song I heard was Walk This Way by Aerosmith it would seem.

#136 5 years ago

Sure, let's make a rap themed pin. TNT Amusements hasn't thrown anything off the roof in awhile.

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everyone's!! Rap is glorifying thugs, IMO

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Everyone's!! Rap is glorifying thugs, IMO

Every single neighborhood has been ruined by rap?!

Holy Shit! This is worse than I thought!

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Sorry if someone already mentioned this but a Kid Rock pin would make everyone happy!

what

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But I've heard quite a few gems I really like a lot. First rap song I heard was Walk This Way by Aerosmith it would seem.

Early 80s was full of good shit on the radio. Lottie Dottie, Roxanne Roxanne, Houdini...all types of shiz.

#141 5 years ago

Fun fact:
    Charming lyricist...who also dabbled in magic!

8D2D8F1D-0650-4B27-951C-70BF2D03F7AF (resized).jpeg8D2D8F1D-0650-4B27-951C-70BF2D03F7AF (resized).jpeg

“Been rocking freaks, all through the week
    Now when I say freaks, I mean the ones with the sneaks.”

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from KHL:

This right here basically tells you everything you need to know about Pinside, totally fucking sad.

I actually think this number is pretty open minded. Try going to a hardcore rap site/group and ask them if they give a crap about pinball.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When was it cool?

Theres good rap out there but the new stuff mid 90's to present sucks big time. It won't happen anyways so who cares but Odin shame on ur ears for not wanting more classic real music pins. Judas Priest, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Deep purple, Zepplin etc. I mean if the 90's pins are what was cool then its time to open a vein. For me the 80's stuff was the coolest and I would love a throw back to those kind of OG themes with modern tech.

#144 5 years ago

When it was good.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Something like this? Might be a market, it does have over 185million views

Very strange to me that stuff like this is getting so much attention (as a guitar player, perhaps even disappointing). I'm not familiar with this style of music, but it seems to be in the vein of whatever "Gucci Gang" is in (713 million views):

I could see some rap themes being interesting. Beastie Boys as noted. Perhaps Eminem, with a Rap God multiball that increases the speed of the rap with shots made. I don't listen to much rap, and can't see most rap I even like working well for a pin theme. However, Die Antwoord could be interesting to me with a theme in line with their creepier/horroresque imagery.

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

When was it cool?

60, 70s, 80, 90s,

#147 5 years ago

I'd love a Dr. Dre pin.

But, knowing who buys pinballs, I think Beastie Boys would be the safer bet.

#148 5 years ago

There’s already a thread.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beastie-boys-pin

Add to it if you want it made.
    (At least that’s what #1 Supreme fan Ben Heck would say.)
    Just need a few more Beastie Boys Beastie Boys Beastie Boys, on here to will it into existence!

Do it for MCA!

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Jimmy Fallon's version will make it more doable for Stern:

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

When was it cool?

Pinball? Before the manufacturers started reading pinside dream theme threads and thinking there was a goldmine here I think.

There are 411 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-should-be-a-rap-pin-/page/3?hl=ruzeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.