Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

In a recent post about sterns top ten; walking dead ranked pretty highly.

Made me think. I really enjoy playing the game. Why? I'm not sure...

I don't need to own one, but enjoy plinking my quarters in and enjoying the show.

#2 5 years ago

it's this last code update, man.
I really didn't like mine a whole lot before the latest code.
i'm still annoyed by the bicycle girl ramp rejections occasionally and the pops setup but I think the game is making me a better player.
put a game on my metallica today after not playing for a couple months and put up high score #2.
I like it better than the STLE I had.
The whole atmosphere of Horde when it starts and the strategy while playing it - being able to add balls back - it's just a helluva lot of fun. the bombs made a huge difference, too.

#3 5 years ago

Twd has a lot going for it The theme cant lose 8)the layout is aussom theirs a shit load of mods and the most important thing is it has that one more game effect the icing on the cake is the actors voices took it to another level code updates are getting better also

#4 5 years ago

I played a pro on location and it was frustratingly not dialed in. Pretty sure the op does next to nothing to maintain the pins. Unbox, plug in, set the price and collect coins...

Slings launch balls in the air all the time, usually straight down the left outlane after hitting the glass and the cabinet side.

One time i had a screamer shot up the right loop come back to the left flipper. I hit it on the fly up the right ramp, ball launched over the right ramp and went backwards around the left ramp.

Left loop shots usually hit the pop bumper on right and kick ball up around the star rollovers to the rollover lanes.

Machine is unlevel left to right. But that helps with the SDTM shots the magnet drops off to ya at start of prison MB.

It seems to take a wail of a shot to register on the walker in the prison.

Ive not followed TWD dial in issues much, but it seems like it would be easy to fix these issues
- dial back on sling power a bit
- put some washers under sling posts to make sure they dont launch up.
- i read about some felt placed on a ball guide to keep loop shots off the pops.
- get out a level and an adjustable wrench and level that baby...

Are these issues normal for TWD?

#5 5 years ago

TWD has been my go to game sinc the last update. It now really has that "just one more game" factor.

#6 5 years ago

I really want to get a premium TWD!!

#7 5 years ago

Addicted.....Happily Addicted.....Immersed, Absorbed, threatened, almost bitten, chased, scared, thrilled.....just one more game.....

#8 5 years ago

I can't stop giggling at the "walker pileup" bonus animation. Especially when you rack up more than a few and they just keep piling... THUD, THUD, THUD, ThuthuthututhuTHUD-D-D-D.....

Actually, all the animations please my inner Warner Bros. / Tom & Jerry fan: cartoon violence FTW!

#9 5 years ago

Woooo nice to hear the code has turned the corner on this game for some people! That's kind of my wish for every new game. You know there are always people going to be cold on it, but so many games left people a bit turned off until a crucial code update hit, then it got really addictive.

#10 5 years ago

I liked the game from day one, even with the earliest code. It feels right and more important, different then most games.
Even though there are almost no places a ball can be hold (pro only shooter lane, premium shooter lane and crossbow) it's a really nice players game for beginners and advanced.

I'm curious for the next 2 code updates how it get's balanced and adjusted.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I liked the game from day one, even with the earliest code. It feels right and more important, different then most games.
Even though there are almost no places a ball can be hold (pro only shooter lane, premium shooter lane and crossbow) it's a really nice players game for beginners and advanced.
I'm curious for the next 2 code updates how it get's balanced and adjusted.

I really hope they make the fish tank a Multiball or at least something interesting. Really the only thing in the game that seems missing at this point. I also hope they add in a mode when you collect all 5 modes or let you repeat them.

#12 5 years ago

I've been holding off buying one, but I think I am ready now. Question, if there are no further code updates, would you still consider this worth buying?

#13 5 years ago

Yes, it's sure worth it! Plenty to shoot for and software is already in an advanced stadium.

#14 5 years ago

Warming up to it a little now...2 things at the one I play at on location...(upkeep is great on the pins)....on launch the ball kept hitting the pops right away so I couldn't get the skill shot(which is the best in a long time)(shame on you IM and MET)...and the well was only registering hits about 60% of the time..........Joey

#15 5 years ago

How much should a premium go for approximately used?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Warming up to it a little now...2 things at the one I play at on location...(upkeep is great on the pins)....on launch the ball kept hitting the pops right away so I couldn't get the skill shot(which is the best in a long time)(shame on you IM and MET)...and the well was only registering hits about 60% of the time..........Joey

Tell the operator that works on the game to adjust the switch for the WW and possibly a leveling issue for the skill shot.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

I've been holding off buying one, but I think I am ready now. Question, if there are no further code updates, would you still consider this worth buying?

Software is very good as-is but could still use some tweaks to make it great! If I didn't have 2 nice examples of TWD to play on route I'd consider buying one for home with current code.

#18 5 years ago

Im gonna just admit it once and for all twd is the funniest pin ive ever played do i know why hell no do i have 7 pins yes are they getting neglected hell yes :twisted:do i care hell no i just keep playing twd something about this pin thats got ahold of me

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im gonna just admit it once and for all twd is the funniest pin ive ever played do i know why hell no do i have 7 pins yes are they getting neglected hell yes :twisted:do i care hell no i just keep playing twd something about this pin thats got ahold of me

Exactly how I feel. Not sure why, but it is the pin I play....all others getting tons of neglect.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

Exactly how I feel. Not sure why, but it is the pin I play....all others getting tons of neglect.

Whew im not alone

#21 5 years ago

I think the opportunity to blow up the game and constant risk/reward decisions is what makes it so addictive and fun.

The code is already in really good shape but the scoring needs some refinement to balance risk/reward and make it so you don't have to be a mathematician to know what the hell is going on.

Seems like the multi-balls are only a way to rack up big points in the modes. The multiball supers, multi-kills and bicycle girl are peanuts compared to the reward for repeatedly hitting the mode shots. I like that the modes are the central part of the game versus a single route to big points like the song jackpot or crank-it-up. Especially Barn and Tunnel that are lightening fast and involve a lot of risk. Arena and Riot are also tough, but CDC seems too lucrative for being relatively easy.

#22 5 years ago

I love the game. It is fast and brutal, and the reward of Horde is so well implemented, it keeps dragging you in for "one more try" to get there.

My biggest gripe is that CDC, Barn and Arena are way to much alike as modes. Tunnel and CDC have something to them. More than just "shoot one shot" over and over. Arena is fine as one mode which is just "shoot one shot" over and over as there is at least a reward for repeated shots. But I just hope Lyman adds a bit more fun to Barn and Riot.

For example, why not have Barn be roving shots (as indicated by the arrows) which correspond to the walkers walking across the screen.

And for Riot, just add something to make it more fun, and to balance the scoring.

#23 5 years ago

I recently played an LE with the code update, the game is great now. It's on my list.

#24 5 years ago

Even better now with another code update! Now we get actual woodbury awards!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I love the game. It is fast and brutal, and the reward of Horde is so well implemented, it keeps dragging you in for "one more try" to get there.
My biggest gripe is that CDC, Barn and Arena are way to much alike as modes. Tunnel and CDC have something to them. More than just "shoot one shot" over and over. Arena is fine as one mode which is just "shoot one shot" over and over as there is at least a reward for repeated shots. But I just hope Lyman adds a bit more fun to Barn and Riot.
For example, why not have Barn be roving shots (as indicated by the arrows) which correspond to the walkers walking across the screen.
And for Riot, just add something to make it more fun, and to balance the scoring.

Riot is one of my favorites. I believe on the third or 4th shoot is were your pop bumbler hits add points after the shoot as the DMD shows the zombie getting smashed with the knife at at the same rate as the pop hits.
Tunnel is by far the best to score on and has the most diverse shoots but that was just added with the last code update.

#26 5 years ago

What is the game missing now? Last man standing? Anything else?

#27 5 years ago

Yeah new code again today! Need to download it and get it running for the weekend

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What is the game missing now? Last man standing? Anything else?

Did not see anything on this yet. So yeah. I love that the crossbow shots were adjusted for the pro since they didn't make sense before.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside