(Topic ID: 22952)

There is so many people selling pins 2 or 3 times what they are worth!

By xkane47

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5055.gif
    UncleMitt.jpg
    movie.gif
    Picture_021.jpg
    gorteye.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 11 years ago

I think the name of this topic is wrong. It should be "There are so many people asking..." not "selling". Big difference.

Quoted from spfxted:

Sorry...I think. $5,000 for an LE and $3,800 for a regular NIB is plenty. VERY tough to justify that $7,500 price tag for any machine....and I agree with stevedave, I also have the means...but it would have to be something REALLY special to get me to pay $10,000 for a machine! (Forbidden Planet or Day the Earth Stood Still, maybe)

Then you're not in the market for a nib pin. The folks making them have every right to charge what they want. Because what you think is a fair price is irrelevant. The person selling them decides the price. If they sell at those prices then that's what they are worth. If they don't sell then the price was too high.

Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I think this is actually becoming ridiculous. Maybe with the way some pins have skyrocketed in the past year (AFM, Im looking at you) People are wanting/expecting their machines to do the same or at least ride a little in their wake.
    Im sorry, your 'Real nice!' Indiana Jones is not worth $5500 if its got fade on both sides of the cabinet.
    You clearcoated your playfield????? Still doesn't mean your 3-4K machine is now worth 2 grand more.
    As much as people hate it when threads get jacked, to paraphrase The Joker, 'This hobby deserves a better class of price police'.
    If we don't call people out on their ridiculousness, we won't be able to slow it.
    Pinball machines are limited guys. There are only 3K of many titles made. If we slap an extra few thousand on even a dozen machines, thats a price increase.
    You see new guys in this hobby (me included, Iv only been doing this a year) always saying they will never be able to afford a Monster Bash or a MM, Soon the prices on these machines are going to make them say this about the hobby across the board.
    /end rant

A little bit of cabinet fade on the side that sits sandwiches in between other pins and you cannot even see it doesn't ruin the whole value of the machine. Yes, there are ij out there that are selling for $5500 with some minor fade. Selling - not just being listed.

And price police have no impact on the prices. Supply / demand does. If something is listed too high then it won't sell. It's really that simple. Price police just sound like a bunch if cry babies that can't afford a pin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-is-so-many-people-selling-pins-2-or-3-times-what-they-are-worth?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.