Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Hitch9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I received my ECLEWOZ #600, about 3 o'clock this afternoon. I thought I would share my first impressions for those that are waiting, or who were interested in buying one.
    I purchased mine from a distributor and was one of the first to receive a WOZ up here in Toronto.
    I read Some comments on other threads that indicated that there may be things wrong right out of the box. I got under the playfield, went through all the tests and everything was fine. While doing this I was struck at how well it was put together and it shows care in manufacture.

I was very happy with how it played, and how beautiful the lights were. As others have said the choreography of play, lights, call outs, and music is well done. The cabinet, playfield and mechanisms under the playfield seem to be built like a tank. The most important part is, it seems very fun to play. I can see this pin is going to take me a long time to get to know, and that is good, because I can see myself going back for more...maybe every day. I have a lot to learn!

Was it worth the money? I treat my money very carefully, and I work hard for it. I felt this pin was worth every dime, and knowing that the code is only going to get better, makes me even happier.

Its obvious a few things in the code need to be addressed, but knowing Keith and others are working on it, I have no doubt that the code will eventually match the quality of the pin. So far I'm having an amazing customer experience, and I know this pin is going to be passed down to my son.

Seeing is believing. I would encourage those that are sitting on the fence check one out if you can.
    For those that are patiently waiting, you will not be disappointed. It has exceeded everything I thought it was going to be. I understand the theme may not be for everyone, but I'm not a big fan of some themed pins myself, but I still enjoy them to play. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Great job JJP. Thanks for starting a new company, and creating a new choice for us pinheads.
    Now...back to some fun!

#2 10 years ago

Congrats! I hope your initials and Pinside karma mean that people can take your opinion seriously.

#3 10 years ago

nice! congrats on #600 it will only get better from here for your woz. thanks for sharing.

#4 10 years ago

Can't wait to try it! Great post.

#5 10 years ago

In so many ways (other than price!), it's a great time to be a pinhead.

#6 10 years ago

Another satisfied customer. Congrats.

#8 10 years ago

Please please please can I come play it? Not sure when I will be getting mine.

#9 10 years ago

Congrats!

#10 10 years ago

Cobra. Pm me. You're more than welcome to come play it.

#11 10 years ago

Way to go Hitch! What invoice number were you?......

#12 10 years ago

Congrats......

#13 10 years ago

Canadians... Always friendly and inviting other people people to come share in their enjoyment of things. I'll just never get it.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

Canadians... Always friendly and inviting other people people to come share in their enjoyment of things. I'll just never get it.

You can come over too bigerhl !
    We love our neighbors to the south.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

Love this machine!

I feel the same. It's just so much better then the rest!

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Congrats! I hope your initials and Pinside karma mean that people can take your opinion seriously.

Pfft. Not enough karma. Can't possibly have a trustworthy opinion. [/sarcasm]

Congrats hitch! New version coming real soon!

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Way to go Hitch! What invoice number were you?......

Iceman, I bought from a distributor in Canada, who bought in at the beginning, it looks like. I guess I was one of the first to buy from my distributor, as he only got a few come in this week.
    The production date on the pin was June 6th, the anniversary of D- day.
    My house got invaded.....with fun from the US! Another reason we love our neighbors from the south!

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I'm excited to get the new code. I hope it comes before Saturday. A fellow pin is coming to check out WOZ on Saturday. It would be cool if he could experience the new code.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

+1

In order to be believable one would have to own over 20 machines, know how to restore games till they are too nice to play and have over 40k karma

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

+1
    In order to be believable one would have to own over 20 machines, know how to restore games till they are too nice to play and have over 40k karma

And be a total .... [insert 4 letter word here]

Some folks just can't be happy for others.

#21 10 years ago

Congrats and great news seeing these get out. I saw the JJPs FB and boxes are moving.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from DougPiranha:

You got 19 or is that really 18 with one ghost machine? Just need to work on the karma points.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

And be a total .... [insert 4 letter word here]

Some folks just can't be happy for others.

I am happy you are back from your little vacation, pinside is way fun with you here .

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

You got 19 or is that really 18 with one ghost machine? Just need to work on the karma points.

17 and 2 ghosts. Although it looks like Chads group is coming soon. Me, Chad, Hibbs and one other. So soon only 1 ghost.

Karma is easy, restoring machines to perfection is another matter.

#24 10 years ago

Oh my god, I am so annoyed with you right now! I'm within spitting distance of Starburst, ordered within the first 18 hours, and I can't believe they've already got their shipment in!

Photos plz! What coin mechs does it have?

#25 10 years ago

Congrats on your new game glad to hear you like it.

#26 10 years ago

congrats

#27 10 years ago

Thank you for the awesome review. Exactly the type if post we need here. At least you didn't spend 10 paragraphs on your emotional phone call and journey and leave off a the details. Instead you jumped right into the nitty gritty . Again, thanks for the awesome post and enjoy your game.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sunfox:

Oh my god, I am so annoyed with you right now! I'm within spitting distance of Starburst, ordered within the first 18 hours, and I can't believe they've already got their shipment in!
    Photos plz! What coin mechs does it have?

They will now be getting about 3 per week, instead of larger orders of 10 spread out more. I've been told I'm in a couple weeks. I ordered about March 2012 if that helps. I'm in no rush though, this is as close as close gets.

So Hitch, did you make it in to work today?

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Thank you for the awesome review. Exactly the type if post we need here. At least you didn't spend 10 paragraphs on your emotional phone call and journey and leave off a the details. Instead you jumped right into the nitty gritty . Again, thanks for the awesome post and enjoy your game.

Give it a rest dude. If you didn't get it by now it's hopeless.

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

\At least you didn't spend 10 paragraphs on your emotional phone call and journey and leave off a the details. Instead you jumped right into the nitty gritty .

Hahahah. Awesome post

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

They will now be getting about 3 per week, instead of larger orders of 10 spread out more. I've been told I'm in a couple weeks. I ordered about March 2012 if that helps. I'm in no rush though, this is as close as close gets.

LOL... even if I get my machine by the end of next week, my wait ratio will be 80 (meaning for every 1 day I delayed after preorders were first possible, I've had to wait 80 extra days after the first game was delivered). If you get your game by July 12th, your wait ratio will be... 0.17. Sweet.

In this case, the early bird certainly does not get the worm!

#32 10 years ago

Congratulations. I like how you are going to pass it on to your son, that's a nice thing to do.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

You ordered in March 2012 and you should be getting your game in a couple weeks. You ordered almost a year after me. That really sucks for everybody that ordered in 2011.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Haha, I almost didn't make it to work, as I was up real late last night. Wow, everybody was right. I took pictures last night and I looked at them just now. Meh..., just doesn't do it justice. You have to come on Saturday Aaron.
    Sunfox -I'll take pictures of the coin door tonight. It's 2 x 25 cent slots. I'll try a Canadian quarter tonight in the slot. That is one thing I didn't check. The beautiful lights in the playfield were hypnotic, and I had this uncontrollable urge to hit the start button all the time. I hate it when it does that!

#35 10 years ago

By the way, I found out that the Woz Starburst has on location at playdium has been updated with code, but "it may be a couple of updates behind" according to them. Even with non updated code, it out earns every new pin they have by a long shot. Even the driver that delivered the pin yesterday told me that.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hitch9:

You have to come on Saturday Aaron.

Roger that!

Quoted from murfe88:

You ordered in March 2012 and you should be getting your game in a couple weeks. You ordered almost a year after me. That really sucks for everybody that ordered in 2011.

I hear you, but in all fairness it was Starburst in Toronto that ordered them as a bulk, and I ordered from them after. They ordered early, and I believe are the largest distributor/purchaser in the world (correct me if I'm wrong), so I believe they were likely buying a large lot on day one.

#37 10 years ago

As much as I want to hate this game, mainly due to the build quality comments made everyday, I'm really looking forward to playing it. The theme makes me want to rip my eyes out but owner reviews like this have me excited. Trying to keep an open mind until I can put some serious time on one.

Congrats, wish I was closer

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Roger that!

I hear you, but in all fairness it was Starburst in Toronto that ordered them as a bulk, and I ordered from them after. They ordered early, and I believe are the largest distributor/purchaser in the world (correct me if I'm wrong), so I believe they were likely buying a large lot on day one.

Jen told me starburst had 39 ECWOZLE ordered about a year ago. There may have been more ordered. For the Hobbit I called up Jen and "froze" serial number 600 again for THLE. I then called starburst and asked if they would sell at the same price as JJP. They said they would. I called Jen again and transferred that serial number and my order to Starburst. Starburst pays for shipping and customs, and I can pickup in Toronto. Sometimes it works out to buy from a distributor. Probably not in the US however. We have to pay taxes no matter what, either at the border or at the distributor. It sounded like starburst already had an order for the Hobbit when I transferred my order for hobbit, and I was calling early in the process.

#39 10 years ago

Sorry I should clarify, the first line in my post above sounds like Starburst ordered about a year ago. I asked about serial numbers about a year ago, and I was told the serial number range that starburst was given.

#40 10 years ago

Sounds like if one wants to get a game earlier, if they didn't order in the first hours of release, then they should consider ordering from a distributor. Frustratingly, I ordered and paid for my game Jan 2011 and have not gotten my call yet. Since I ordered early and have an early number, the offer of Jack to keep our number and place in line for The Hobbit seemed like a privilege but I am not so sure now. Sorry to whine, just frustrated and excited to finally play this thing.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from GoldenBear:

Sounds like if one wants to get a game earlier, if they didn't order in the first hours of release, then they should consider ordering from a distributor. Frustratingly, I ordered and paid for my game Jan 2011 and have not gotten my call yet. Since I ordered early and have an early number, the offer of Jack to keep our number and place in line for The Hobbit seemed like a privilege but I am not so sure now. Sorry to whine, just frustrated and excited to finally play this thing.

I hear you, but think about this: as the manufacturing process advances they tend to work out the kinks, and you may end up with a machine that has improvements that the early machines don't have.

#42 10 years ago

Oh well, let's keep this thread about the positive reviews. I'm not sure how their numbering system works, but that's for another discussion.

#43 10 years ago

I agree about the 2011 orders, I know someone who ordered in January 2011 and still has not gotten a call. Talk about unfair... there's a pretty sweet overhead gameplay video with direct video and sound feeds waiting on this. Getting pretty ridiculous.

#44 10 years ago

Congrats. I'm only about 2 weeks away!! #688

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from GoldenBear:

Well, I need to clarify some more. I ordered hobbit at the beginning so I expected to get the same price at my distributor. I gave them the choice of my business or I was going with Jack. Now WOZ was a different story. I paid $8500 for my WOZLE from the distributor. For that privilege I got in on their early delivery, but I didn't get to request a specific number from Jack. I got a number that was assigned to the distributor. If I go order a hobbit in a few months expecting an early delivery slot from my distributor I expect his prices to rise. I thought I better clear the air, before people get too upset. I hope this helps.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-is-no-place-like-home-woz-got-delivered-first-impressions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.