4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by RandomGuyOffCL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3cevuo (resized).jpg

#2 4 months ago

There is likely something unhealthy going into your mouth from anything you eat.

At least we are past inventing sauces to hide the flavor of spoiled meat.

LTG : )

#3 4 months ago

3cevuo (resized).jpg

#4 4 months ago

Yeah, people who have never been on a farm are sometimes horrified by how real food is really produced. Go by a feedlot sometime and see how that ground beef came to be....

#5 4 months ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Yeah, people who have never been on a farm are sometimes horrified by how real food is really produced. Go by a feedlot sometime and see how that ground beef came to be....

You gotta get past the smell first. An entire new meaning for bullshit floats to the top. At least the pig farms have to have "containment lagoons".

#6 4 months ago

Just wait until OP finds out what's in Soylent Green.

#7 4 months ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Just wait until OP finds out what's in Soylent Green.

That is a movie---with lots of imagination in the script. "In the year 2022..." We are almost there; We have to get thru an election first

#8 4 months ago

this is why I garden. 6 kinds of berries, 6 apple trees. 2 peach trees, 1 nectarine tree. TONS OF VEGTABLES. its the only food that I know can be trusted!!!

#9 4 months ago
    Quoted from smognote:

this is why I garden. 6 kinds of berries, 6 apple trees. 2 peach trees, 1 nectarine tree. TONS OF VEGTABLES. its the only food that I know can be trusted!!!

As a garden enthusiast I am sure you are aware of the many, many bugs, critters and poop that ends up embedded in the typical harvest. Ain't no getting around it. You're gonna eat something gross when you put food in your mouth.

#10 4 months ago

My dog doesn't seem to mind the kitty's litter box at all..kind of a treat.
    Might explain his effin breath.

#11 4 months ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

My dog doesn't seem to mind the kitty's litter box at all..kind of a treat.

Kittycicles. Their poops are rich and smell like food, to dogs.

LTG : )

#12 4 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You gotta get past the smell first.

When I was in high school in central Kansas, my dad worked at a feedlot for a while. That smell got everywhere and stuck. We only had one car, and you really had to want to drive somewhere to put up with the odor. Forget borrowing the car for a date....

#13 4 months ago

I read that the average person accidentally eats 8 spiders a year.

Happy Saturday.

#14 4 months ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

You gotta get past the smell first. An entire new meaning for bullshit floats to the top. At least the pig farms have to have "containment lagoons".

I've had family in Wichita my entire life, and yes, they have sheep and chickens and plant crops for their own use. I find it hard to believe that anyone from that area would be shocked that the food chain isn't 100% sanitized.

Also, the food chain being 100% sanitized is a terrible idea. I do believe that our focus on "over-cleanliness" over just preventing "really bad things" is part of why humanity (Americans in particular) seems to becoming more and more susceptible to things like food allergies. Our bodies have no clue anymore how to handle what would've been a 'normal' unnoticed daily occurrence 60 or 70 years ago. Which would be fine if we lived in a bubble, but we don't, and things get into the food chain anyways.

Quoted from smognote:

I dare you to submit produce from your crops to the same kinds of tests. I guarantee it's not that different. You might be less full of pesticides and other stuff like that, though, which is good.

#15 4 months ago

As long as it doesn’t make me sick, I’m ok with it. What is “gross” is all pretty relative. Anyone watch Bizarre Foods?

#16 4 months ago

I like Figs. Turns out there are wasps in figs.

#17 4 months ago

Fly shit is a lot more palatable when using lots of pepper.

#18 4 months ago

I prefer yeast poo. Yum!!

#19 4 months ago

I been into many chicken processing plants. Once you get past the convicts hanging the live birds at the start of the process, it is super clean.

#20 4 months ago

FWIW - the employees of Sunny-Delight use their product to de-grease their driveways.

#21 4 months ago

Be most fearful of the cell division which will occur as pesticides and preservatives build up within...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    $ 22.50
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 90.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 55.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    £ 50.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside