50%
  • Metallica Monster 85 votes
    50%

(170 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

323495_1257521980899_full.jpg
ao.gif
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Which is the best and why?

Note this comparison is only between Luci and Monster; no other editions.

#2 9 years ago

For me AC/DC as I like the game play of ACDC/Luci better. Really not a fan of either band, but I do like how the songs are used in Luci and do change.

#3 9 years ago

Met...I don't "get" the Luci look.

#4 9 years ago

Luci!!!!!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes cause Metallica's skittle splatter art looks fantastic...

To the OP go with ACDC....its the better game.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Yes cause Metallica's skittle splatter art looks fantastic...

I think it looks like pinball machine playfield art, and in general looks better than any version of ACDC. Just my opinion, I think Luci is a character from an EP cover in the past or something...but anyway to me it just doesn't fit. But people love it and that's great as Angus' face is not popular by any means.

#7 9 years ago

Luci is the most hideous looking alternate of all time.

#9 9 years ago

I missed my Metallica Monster so much that I bought another one. AC/DC is a great playing game but I haven't missed it and I wouldn't buy Luci for the same reason I won't buy Big Juicy Mellons. Metallica may have the greatest bash toy (Sparky) ever. When that little bastard get zapped...brings a tear to the eye. Can't wait until my new one arrives. Good luck with your choice. You win either way.

#10 9 years ago

Ac/dc for its better shots,rules, fun factor and sweat enduring moments of pure joy. Do not miss my met much at all the shots just felt unmemorable other then the metal ramps. Met wins on art and toys and lighting probably. I give the sound effect integration to ac/dc ,everything fits and not much annoys.

#11 9 years ago

I own both so I feel I can offer a substantiated opinion.

Luci

Rob

#12 9 years ago

Luci - no contest. ACDC was already a great game, but as soon as I seen the Luci version, I knew I was going to get one.

#13 9 years ago

Met is awesome, but ac/dc is awesomer!
Got to give the nod to Luci here.

#14 9 years ago

I own both, both are great. The Luci art package is polarizing, but I really like the retro 70s vibe of it. Luci for me.

4 months later
#15 8 years ago

Had to choose, loved both of them. Finally my choice went to Met because I loved the art a bit more (although fan of both AC/DC and Met songs). The gameplay of the two of them is excellent, so it's rather a question of personal taste than anything else. No clue which one will be the most collectible in the coming years: my guess is that you can't be wrong, whatever your choice.

#16 8 years ago

Both are amazing, but ACDC is King.

#17 8 years ago

I own both. No comparison. Luci!! My wife says Metallica.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

Luci is the most hideous looking alternate of all time.

Eat a D*CK!

ao.gifao.gif

#19 8 years ago

Let there be LUCI!

#20 8 years ago

Metallica monster

-The art package is better
-The music is better
-The rules don't affect my song choice(better)
-Sparky is better than no Sparky
-Most of all the missing 2d band that clunks back and forth is way better

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Metallica monster
-The art package is better
-The music is better
-Sparky is better than no Sparky
-Most of all the missing 2d band that clunks back and forth is way better

The Bell alone is better then all of the above.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The integration of song choices into the rules is one of the best parts about AC/DC. If I just want unrelated background music I'll turn on my iPod.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Same here, just not into the whole cartooney non ACDC lookin horn chick...

#24 8 years ago

Luci : the LoOk is awesome everyone that comes home to play says they love the art and game

I think its the best LoOking ACDC version !

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Got it.. You prefer sweaty dudes

#26 8 years ago

No I prefer ACDC as a band. You must be into blowup dolls.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

+1 for this. Not a fan at all even though ACDC is a great game The cartoon stuff is really silly. MET is a better game anyways.

#28 8 years ago

Met is easily the better game to me. I can't think of anything I don't like about it.

#29 8 years ago

Luci as it All : MetallicA is awesome

#30 8 years ago

I love ac/dc. But I'm not a fan of it's art package. Being a big fan of T&A and I still don't care for how they did it. So speaking strictly on art package alone. I have to go with MET. And I hate Metallica as a band. Love AC/DC. but damn if the art package on MET isn't the best i've seen out of stern.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

No I prefer ACDC as a band. You must be into blowup dolls.

You must be into blowing balls.

323495_1257521980899_full.jpg323495_1257521980899_full.jpg

#32 8 years ago

I own a luci and a met le, both were nib.

I'm now considering selling the met, so luci all the way.

#33 8 years ago

Why did they make the AC/DC premium/LE lower play field again? Most worthless piece of pinball real estate ever. It had HUGE potential to be incorporated with other features/multiball and it wasn't. I honestly get bored with trying to just go for huge song jackpots, while the play field is multiplied. Why really shoot anything else in the entire game when the shots are worth 5% of the points of a huge song jackpot? Encore is another annoyance. There is a reason no one goes for it. (it's too tedious to get to for the points available, and has no ball save).

There are a ton of great features in both machines, but MET is more balanced. Above is why. Which is better? For me, MET.

I refuse to read the posts above where people did not give a reason. C'mon you lazy flippers!

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Why did they make the AC/DC premium/LE lower play field again? Most worthless piece of pinball real estate ever. I honestly get bored with trying to just go for huge song jackpots, while the play field is multiplied. Why really shoot anything else in the entire game when the shots are worth 5% of the points of a huge song jackpot?
There are a ton of great features in both machines, but MET is more balanced. Above is why. Which is better? For me, MET.

The multiballs are more meaningful in ACDC as opposed to in Metallica where they are better used as a tool to get to your next crank it up or maybe to stack with S&D. Plenty more to do then Just go for huge song jackpots on ACDC. Which is still a lot of fun when you have the SJ built up over 100mil and trying to get your multiplier going.

Encore is one of the better wizard modes out there too. End of the line from what I've seen is rather boring.

#35 8 years ago

There is nothing else in AC/DC worth anywhere near the same amount of points as built up song jackpots. If there is, you know something the best pinball players in world don't know. There's nothing else, trust me. I'm not saying it's not fun, it's a blast. I just tend to gravitate towards the games with unique and balanced scoring options.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The multiballs are more meaningful in ACDC as opposed to in Metallica where they are better used as a tool to get to your next crank it up or maybe to stack with S&D. Plenty more to do then Just go for huge song jackpots on ACDC. Which is still a lot of fun when you have the SJ built up over 100mil and trying to get your multiplier going.
Encore is one of the better wizard modes out there too. End of the line from what I've seen is rather boring.

So what you are saying here is that if you master the forehand and backhand ramp shots + cannon to bell shot, you can put up a huge score on AC/DC? Yup, I agree. It's fun, but makes me not want to play the rest of the game.

This is just an opinion, and I respect the others saying why AC/DC is better. I just wish other people would provide reasons why.

So far, the thread reads to me that it comes down to BELL/LowerPF vs. SPARKY/Hammer. They are both great options but I feel MET integrated it's toys a lot better.

#37 8 years ago

I love AC/DC but Metallica has Snake, Cemetery, Hammer, Sparky, feels like much more to do in Met...The bell is pretty awesome in Hells Bells and I did enjoy the lower pf even though it takes up all that real estate.

Metallica doesn't have as many cheap drains, I couldn't count how many times shots at the TNT drops would go straight out the left outlane.

Metallica in general is just more enjoyable for me, I would certainly buy another AC/DC though.

If we are only comparing the artwork, Luci is the better cabinet but Metallica pf is probably thee best Stern ever sent out its factory.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

There is nothing else in AC/DC worth anywhere near the same amount of points as built up song jackpots. If there is, you know something the best pinball players in world don't know. There's nothing else, trust me. I'm not saying it's not fun, it's a blast. I just tend to gravitate towards the games with unique and balanced scoring options.

Try collecting the supers at 3x. I've had collects over 100 mil for each multiball. Tell me where you can get that in Metallica Multiballs without having anything else stacked in.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Metallica doesn't have as many cheap drains, I couldn't count how many times shots at the TNT drops would go straight out the left outlane.

It's ok to say you like easier games!

You learn after a while you don't shoot the TNT drops from a certain angle. Just like the drops on Mustang or any game with a risk reward shot. After a while you figure out which angle to shoot them from.

#40 8 years ago

AC DC is one of my grail pins - as is MET. I have played both a lot - and believe either is a great choice. If I have to make a choice between Luci and MET Moster - Met.

If between AC DC Premium or LE and MET Premium or MOP - AC DC.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It's ok to say you like easier games!

I DO!!!!

I dunno, ACDC was brutal to keep the ball in play. TWD is worse. They are still fun though.

Ive had some really long ball times on Met, started a 4 player game with my wife and 2 of her girlfriends last night, they were waiting for about 5 minutes then played 2 player on TWD and TRON and I was still playing the same ball after they finished those games. Not that longer ball times=better, just less infuriating I guess. AC/DC made me want to punch things.

Good amount of SDTM with the bell too, Met just doesn't have those type of drains (in my opinion). Just those bounces off the left metal wire form on the outlane. Really the only thing I can think of. I hardly get any from Sparky/Coffin.

#42 8 years ago

Couldn't get rid of ACDC fast enough. Love the music but I literally wanted to break stuff with the drains. Nor could I figure out the rules. Met is straight forward and my preference. Met and it's not close.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Got that right! Encore is one of the best wizard modes out there.

Metallica, while a very fun pin, has quite a grind attached to its ruleset.

#44 8 years ago

Luci for the win! Art is the bomb! Pin and chicks are a great combo....best combo in all of pinball land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LUCI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#45 8 years ago

I'm with you Warbound. I want a Luci bad.

#46 8 years ago

Metallica for me.

Artwork: While Luci has nice retro cabinet/translite art the playfield artwork remains fairly pedestrian in comparison to Metallica. Metallica is completely custom and integrated from start to finish.

Rules: Written by the same guy, both are well respected rulesets.

Music: Subjective is the proper term here.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Try collecting the supers at 3x. I've had collects over 100 mil for each multiball. Tell me where you can get that in Metallica Multiballs without having anything else stacked in.

Is 3x or 2x with other things collected not a "stack" as you put it?

"Collects" and comparing points across games is irrelevant in this thread.

Balanced scoring has nothing to do with collecting huge jackpots. You are further illustrating the reasons I do not like AC/DC. Just as you mentioned "where can you get that in Met?" You can't! That's the reason MET's more BALANCED.

#48 8 years ago

Not mine, but I know a few people who are looking for one.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#49 8 years ago

as much as I like both (and own a MET monster), I think that the metallica actually has a bit more to offer.

yes, ac/dc has some fantastic coding with different objectives based on song selection, and the encore mode, but the number of unique shots fall a bit short (compared to MET)
AC/DC Luci has:
- 2 orbits
- 2 ramps
- the "newton" bell
- the ac/dc drops (5 bank)
- tnt drops (3 bank)
- rock drops (4 bank)
- stand-ups (3, near ramp entrances)
- spinner

that's 10 unique things to shoot for. additionally, for as cool as it is to "fire" the cannon, that clunky mechanism gets in the way "seeing" the ball any time it's the right side, underneath it

metallica Monster has:
- 2 orbits
- 2 ramps
- the fuel lane
- the piston stand-ups
- sparky
- the grave stone drops (3 in-line) & the grave marker
- the snake
- the mystery hole scoop
- stand-ups (4, near the ramp entrances)
- coffin lock "newton" block
- hammer / under playfield coffin ball lock
- spinner

that's 14 unique things to shoot for. plus, the ramps are stainless, meaning that further down the road, unlike their plastic counterparts, will not get all scratched up where they obscure things which were once visible

they're both great games, but I've got to give the edge to the metallia pin

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Is 3x or 2x with other things collected not a "stack" as you put it?
"Collects" and comparing points across games is irrelevant in this thread.
Balanced scoring has nothing to do with collecting huge jackpots. You are further illustrating the reasons I do not like AC/DC. Just as you mentioned "where can you get that in Met?" You can't! That's the reason MET's more BALANCED.

Really a playfield multiplier is considered a stack now? Yes I found Metallica boring at times as it doesn't offer the same risk/reward gameplay that I've found to be addictive (outside the crank it up modes which are the best part of Metallica)

More balanced=more boring IMO but thats just me I like the type of games that you have to build things up for a huge payout.

I was gonna move my TWD Premium to try n get another Metallica and am finding I am already enjoying the game play more on TWD as it offers a much better risk/reward style of play.

Maybe it's just the nature of Metallica not being a very drainy game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-can-be-only-one-acdc-luci-versus-metallica-monster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.