NM2.jpg
CC1.jpg
NM1.jpg
16156.jpg
P6050836.JPG
P6050834.JPG
P6050832.JPG
P6050831.JPG
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

That own a Night Moves.

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/night-moves

Maybe the best cocktail pin ever made (disclaimer: I have not played them all). Sweet tunes and multiball plus it is a John T design.

I grabbed one yesterday from the original owners in Elgin, IL. I had to feel slightly sad for them as they paid $3470 when brand new. It came with all the original paper work and adverstising flyer, so if anyone is interested I can load up the info into the pictures database...

This one is pretty rough and won't currently boot up, but man am I stoked to add it to the collection!

#2 9 years ago

Night Moves is sweet! Congrats on the pickup.. My Roy Clark is jealous

#3 9 years ago

Night moves is gonna come over dressed in a liesure suit and smack roy clark back in line...

#4 9 years ago

next on the list... I am going to look at what is likely a nice condtion FT...

will either put it up for trade (since I already have one) or pass it along to a local (for hopefully a good deal if I can get it?)

#5 9 years ago

i think Todd (Tuckey) recently overhauled one. pretty cool idea and it ended up looking nice. Carribean Cruise was another sweet cocktail pin.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

next on the list... I am going to look at what is likely a nice condtion FT...
will either put it up for trade (since I already have one) or pass it along to a local (for hopefully a good deal if I can get it?)

Sounds like you are on a roll. I was looking at the Gold Rush EM down there but can't find a good backglass yet. Had that game as a kid. My brother has one in his living room. Might end up driving down there yet.

#7 9 years ago

did somebody say "nice condition FT"?

edit: I'm just kicking tires.

#8 9 years ago

Night moves is an Awsome game would like to add one someday

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Or are you?

#10 9 years ago

I will keep FT local if I am able to get it. Preference would be to work a trade for something else.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Night Moves is an Awsome game would like to add one someday

I have been steadily building a collection of what many other would deem crap games but I love the tunes and the cheese factor!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have been steadily building a collection of what many other would deem crap games but I love the tunes and the cheese factor!

I disagree, lots of good titles. Nothing better than playing someone's collection and finding stuff you have never had any time with before. I have a bunch of "B" titles that are just as fun as MM at 1/3 the cost or less.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

davewth said:

Or are you?

I honestly don't know?

Quoted from Whysnow:

I will keep FT local if I am able to get it. Preference would be to work a trade for something else.

How much $$ do i need to throw on top of my TAF to get this thing?

#14 9 years ago

LOL Dave. You know I would love to get a TAF for my bro, but you will miss yours if you sell it and I don't have the cash to add on top of FT in order to make that trade.

side note : all talk is premature anyway as no promise I will even be able to acquire the game... You know how these things go.

#15 9 years ago

You have to get an amp / speaker mod in that puppy. I am not kidding in the slightest.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yo! Don't forget about me here.

Congrats on the Night Moves cocktail. Policano had one, it had some pretty chill tunes on it, I liked it a lot.

#17 9 years ago

Night Moves is pretty rad...I'm a bit more partial to Caribbean Cruise as it's running on Got Sys 3 & had higher quality music & voice samples....but the two of them are a great cheesy pair, and I've often been tempted to grab a Night Moves to go along with my Cruise!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Night Moves is sweet! Congrats on the pickup.. My Roy Clark is jealous

So is my take five

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

So is my take five

There has been a Take Five sitting on craigslist in Dallas for about a month.
Price has been slowly dropping
I have no idea what these things are worth
dallas.craigslist.org link

#20 9 years ago

28 people that I hate their guts...

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Homertv:

Uh yeah, if it was more like 250 I would've bought it already.

#22 9 years ago

I have never seen a Caribbean Cruise but would buy one just to reunite the pair!

Anyone have one for sale or know of one them please PM me!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You have to get an amp / speaker mod in that puppy. I am not kidding in the slightest.

Love it amd GREAT idea!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL Dave. You know I would love to get a TAF for my bro, but you will miss yours if you sell it and I don't have the cash to add on top of FT in order to make that trade.

So, you're giving him a taf not just finding him one to buy? Dang, I wish you were my brother!

No, I won't miss it.

Thread jack. At least it's directed towards the op.

#25 9 years ago

Yeah, the plan would be to find him his first pin, clean it up, and gift it to him. He really wants a TAF but that is well outside of my range, unless you are crazy enough to trade me fora nice FT.

#26 9 years ago

Surprised no other nightmoves owners chiming in... Where is the love. I know there must be a few fully pimped ones out there.

#27 9 years ago

Non-owner freeby bump

#28 9 years ago

Still waiting for someone to sell me one...!

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Homertv:

I paid $200.00 for mine, its not as good as night moves, but my kids like to play it because they don't have to stand on a chair to play it.

#30 9 years ago

Nightmoves is alright, But Eros One is the best cocktail pin ever . And I have documented facts to prove this .

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Homertv:

Take five is a decent game. Somewhat slow, but fun. I would not mind owning one, and would probably have to pay more than that.

#32 9 years ago

Eros One is pretty great, but sorely lacking in the '80s cheese department.

#33 9 years ago

I bet you can get $50 - $75 just for the flyer, I'm looking for a Roy Clark flyer is anyone has one.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I bet you can get $50 - $75 just for the flyer, I'm looking for a Roy Clark flyer is anyone has one.

I love the flyer. I will upload pics of the entire packet when i get a chance.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have never seen a Caribbean Cruise but would buy one just to reunite the pair!
Anyone have one for sale or know of one them please PM me!

Get in line buddy, been trying to pair one with my NM for over 3 years.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

... would deem crap games but I love the tunes and the cheese factor!

Well, you *are* from Wisconsin.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

... the best cocktail pin ever ...

There's an oxymoron if there ever was one. "Best" and "cocktail pin" don't belong anywhere near each other in any sentence.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

There's an oxymoron if there ever was one. "Best" and "cocktail pin" don't belong anywhere near each other in any sentence.

I disagree Rob, CC and NM are very good machines with rules.

#38 9 years ago

Just personal preference, I've never met a cocktail pin I've liked. Maybe it's the laying on the friggin' floor thing to fix them.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#39 9 years ago

I thought cocktail pins were a joke until I brought a Night Moves home. I bought it cheap and my intent was to flip it for beer money.

Then while test playing after shopping it out, I fell in love with it. That was about three years ago and I still love it. I liked it so much I had to go buy the sister game, Caribbean Cruse.

My favorite thing to do is get a pinball snob to play it with me and see them getting into it. Or catch them later on during the party playing it all by themselves.

FYI: These are the only two cocktail games with multiball.

Kim

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

I've never met a cocktail pin I've liked. Maybe it's the laying on the friggin' floor thing to fix them.

You wouldn't be saying that if you ever played an Eros One . Also they never breakdown so you never need to repair them .

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Just personal preference, I've never met a cocktail pin I've liked. Maybe it's the laying on the friggin' floor thing to fix them.

haha yeah my NM didn't work when I bought it, and had all kinds of problems I had to fix on the mpu and sound board. It was a friggin PITA bending over dicking around with the boards inside for sure!

Quoted from Mr68:

My favorite thing to do is get a pinball snob to play it with me and see them getting into it. Or catch them later on during the party playing it all by themselves.

I notice the same thing. Pinheads have to try it, and once you get the rules, with the changing mystery award, and how pivotal each one can be at different times, they see how interesting a machine it is.

I really like it. It's strange for a lighthearted 80s dance/club theme to have lasers and explosion sounds, which even makes it more funny when playing.

Great for that spot where you can't get another full size machine too. I have all may machines on the three walls of my 35x25 game room, and this in the middle on one side. I have had the other side open and ready for CC once I get some fine pinsider to sell me one!

#42 9 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/night-moves/gallery

I have loaded in the 9 pages of promotional materials for anyone interested in this sort of thing.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/night-moves/gallery
I have loaded in the 9 pages of promotional materials for anyone interested in this sort of thing.

Wow you can buy 50 of them for $159,500! What a deal!!!!

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Wow you can buy 50 of them for $159,500! What a deal!!!!

Yeah, lots of sad stories with this game. Lots of suckers that thought the would get rich quick. The couple I bought the game from were super nice and the old guy said he played the thing for hours each day after he brought it home from his "location". His location was a dance club where they apparently never turned it on because it was too loud in the club to hear the game. He thought he possible made $75 on the thing.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, lots of sad stories with this game. Lots of suckers that thought the would get rich quick. The couple I bought the game from were super nice and the old guy said he played the thing for hours each day after he brought it home from his "location". His location was a dance club where they apparently never turned it on because it was too loud in the club to hear the game. He thought he possible made $75 on the thing.

But read the promotional materials! No way they only made $75 on it! Promotional materials never lie!!!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can't do that. What about the investment factor?!?!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

But read the promotional materials! No way they only made $75 on it! Promotional materials never lie!!!

I love that they used Roger Sharpe to sell their message.

Does anyone know exactly what the deal was with these? Did international just contract out to GTB and hence got everything in the deal, including John T as designer?

#48 9 years ago

here is what I dealing with on this game.

Any place to get a replacementP6050831.JPGP6050831.JPG?
P6050832.JPGP6050832.JPGP6050834.JPGP6050834.JPGP6050836.JPGP6050836.JPG

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

here is what I dealing with on this game.
Any place to get a replacement?

There are several guys you could send those boards to have refurbished. Rob Anthony and Chris Hibler both post here.

Kim

#50 9 years ago

I want a flyer for my night moves and caribbean cruise. They are super tough flyers to get.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-are-now-28-pinsiders and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.