Conan-OBrien-Inappropriate.png
CPI.png
img304.jpg
Barb.jpg
crowded-surfing.jpg
image.jpg
un-nice.jpg
IMG_2297.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Philo-Flipper:

What people fail to realize is that what they consider harmless jokes or isolated observations contribute to an atmosphere that is generally off-putting at best and hostile at worst to women.

It's not only off-putting to women. It has also been bothering me more and more (and probably many other male Pinsiders). It's a mentality that I don't think belongs on a site that exists to promote pinball to everyone.

It isn't any one offensive remark on its own. It's the thousand paper cuts that go into how women are usually characterized here.

Yes, and those paper cuts are incredibly hard to moderate. That's why I decided yesterday to openly ask the community to keep this stuff off Pinside.

As for the constant posting of female images, that is *somewhat* easier to moderate. It stops now. I have let the moderator team know that this will no longer be allowed on Pinside. I think we will do just fine without those images showing up in every other thread.

I have found that avoiding Pinside is the only way for me to maintain good morale.

It sucks to hear that. I hope to see you post more in the future. I'm trying hard to make this site the best pinball place for people of all genders, ages, countries, skill levels. Noobs or veterans. As long as you love pinball you should feel welcome here. That's at least the whole idea of this site.

#535 8 years ago

Come on, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Looking up someone on Facebook to dig up something to use in an argument. That's real classy. This kind of behavior does not belong on Pinside.

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

*This post was moderated for Inflammatory posting 1 day ago. A thread eject was issued. “No reason for statements like this. Come back in 24 hours with a fresh and positive outlook please.”*
OL, I'm back with a much better attitude.
It just saddens me that we may never see another thread like this one again. I don't remember anybody complaining then. What a difference two years makes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blondetalls-moderator-party-thread

I don't see why a party thread would not be okay anymore occasionally, in the O/T section. Did I say anywhere that I'm banning all party threads? No, just make sure you are not opening the third one in a week and it should generally be fine. Granted, today more of the pictures in that thread would not be allowed because we've tightened up the rules on images a bit. It's all part of a growing community.

I think you misinterpret my intentions with my "keep it friendly" post. I'm not saying everything should be dead serious. Or rainbows and ponies. I mainly want to ask everyone: hey, please try and be nice to your fellow Pinsider. Keep it respectful. Even if you disagree there's no need for some of the bickering that we've been seeing lately. It brings down the whole atmosphere on the site.

And besides cutting down on the negativity, I also want to try and put an end to useless off topic posts by people who feel the need to make off topic "funny" posts to every single thread without actually adding something of value. Or people who keep repeating their point over and over and over. It greatly increases the noise on Pinside.

Note that I said "off topic posts", not "off topic threads". In other words, there's a reason we have an O/T sub-forum and for now I'm trying to keep it there because there are a lot of fun off topic threads on Pinside. Off topic threads are pretty easy to avoid, off topic posts in on-topic threads are not.

Quoted from vid1900:

C'mon, creepy would be posting her home address, place of employment, Social Security number; that's the definition of Doxxing.

It depends which definition you use. Wikipedia says: "Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents),[1] or doxxing,[2][3] is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting personally identifiable information about an individual.[3][4][5][6] The methods employed to acquire this information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites (like Facebook), hacking, and social engineering. It is closely related to cyber-vigilantism and hacktivism."

Personally, I would be kind of freaked out if someone would dig through my Instagram account to find the few family shots there. And then pull out some small detail to use in an online discussion on a totally different site. So yeah, I think it was kind of creepy.

Quoted from cait001:

And "duplicate account, frozen"? Wahhhh did someone make an account just to try and attack me? Creeeeepy

Relax, that was not the case

This is just someone who keeps creating new accounts after an account freeze.

Quoted from fosaisu:

I'd like to second this request -- I assume the main account was permanently frozen as well? Either way, would be useful for the community to know who this "concerned citizen" was.

I'm not sure of the benefit to publicly post that. It was someone who didn't like some of our site rules. Kept going on about it and who we really tried to reason with. But an account freeze was inevitable.

#673 8 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

I don't know why some of the posters here get butthurt over being asked to keep it cordial. We are all here to talk about and enjoy a very fringe and maybe dying hobby. Last of the Mohicans. I would have thought that would have been enough of a reason to welcome anyone and take joy in seeing someone new getting a.kick out of this silly hobby.

Me too. But it seems my request is not having much effect. Maybe it's time some people take a holiday from Pinside? Would that be a solution? I don't know, this whole thing is kind of bumming me out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Calgary, AB
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-are-good-women-in-pinball?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.