Topic Stats

• 673 posts
  • 147 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 41 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

VSMkPiw.jpg
image.jpg
1b2157e533492e78297c16e6cbe1dfceb91d191.gif
image.jpg
mKqXywG.gif
image.jpg
hoover.jpeg
doxx-me-bro.jpg
Conan-OBrien-Inappropriate.png
CPI.png
img304.jpg
Barb.jpg
crowded-surfing.jpg
image.jpg
un-nice.jpg
IMG_2297.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

We have *some* women saying that. And there are *some* who might be making them feel that way (as yet, haven't seen the proof)
And we have no right to disagree?
Then you have no right to disagree with me saying you're wrong.

You don't understand. Any woman who disagrees with the narrative doesn't count as a woman because internalized soggy knees.

#652 4 years ago

I just checked in on RGP - looks like we have chased 4 or 5 angry guys away from Pinside, lol.
I'm glad we have guys like Vid and Centerflank and O-din who can dish it out AND take it.
i don't know what's funnier, Frankfurter having respectability again, or the guys talking about how much they enjoy the non-censorship of their text-only Usenet. I guess they could share ASCII boob art.

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just checked in on RGP - looks like we have chased 4 or 5 angry guys away from Pinside, lol.
I'm glad we have guys like Vid and Centerflank and O-din who can dish it out AND take it.

RGP still exists?

#654 4 years ago

I don't know why some of the posters here get butthurt over being asked to keep it cordial. We are all here to talk about and enjoy a very fringe and maybe dying hobby. Last of the Mohicans. I would have thought that would have been enough of a reason to welcome anyone and take joy in seeing someone new getting a.kick out of this silly hobby.

#655 4 years ago

I'm still curious what 'booty grind' dance/music is all about, and if I could pull it off.

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

please don't bring that harassment campaign garbage on to pinside, thanks.

What harassment campaign? The one being waged by people like the one in this article?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2015/06/29/harping-on-the-hypocrisy-and-lies-of-twitters-most-notorious-anti-abuse-activist-randi-harper-part-1/
(trigger warning: image of an internet troll giving the finger atop the article)

#657 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

We have *some* women saying that. And there are *some* who might be making them feel that way (as yet, haven't seen the proof)

That's a good a summation of how men tend to react in these situations. Anyone that speaks up about it ends up being attacked, dragged through the mud, and then dismissed, so that people can go on believing it's only a select group of miserable fun killers who have a problem, and those type of people don't really count.

This tendency also happens to work as a fantastic deterrent to anyone else who might make any noise about feeling unwelcome.

It's just about the most predictable thing in the world that cait001's personal life would be brought into the conversation, and not a coincidence that it happened to the woman and none of the myriad men participating in the thread. I think these patterns are pretty easy to see once you know what they tend to be.

Being dudes, we are not always the most aware and observant, and not always great at understanding how our actions affect others.

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

It is also an extremely weak argument, instead of debating the actual issues you want to issue challenges and inquisitions in to aspects of various people's lives.

You have not debated any issues. You've only thrown blanket statements and general assertions. When asked, or when people were willing to debate you point-to-point, you've deflected or "shamed", or claimed others are sticking their heads in the sand.

You don't even realize you're making the best case for the men around here to realize they had no reason to feel guilty. Cause, yes, there are hateful women out there with an axe to grind.

Good work.

#659 4 years ago

Jurassic World ends pretty much like the first Jurassic Park, with the "good" dinosaurs saving the hapless kids from the "bad" one. The main twist is that the velociraptors are good in this one.

#660 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

And we have no right to disagree?

You do not have any basis to disagree with the women who are saying that, no. They are saying what they are feeling, and your are working to invalidate that. The fact that this has gone on for SO. LONG. is astonishing.
You absolutely have the right to disagree. By all means, disagree away, but please temper varied arguments against what that which has been flung our way for millennia. "might makes right" has never served us well.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Quoted from jonnyo:

. And there are *some* who might be making them feel that way (as yet, haven't seen the proof

#661 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

You do not have any basis to disagree with the women who are saying that, no. They are saying what they are feeling, and your are working to invalidate that. The fact that this has gone on for SO. LONG. is astonishing.
You absolutely have the right to disagree. By all means, disagree away, but please temper varied arguments against what that which has been flung our way for millennia. "might makes right" has never served us well.

Feelz do not make realz.

And no one has been arguing with you for "millennia" since I presume you are somewhat less than 1000 years old.

#662 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Best example I have to explain it is that there is a guy who works at fabric store by my house that is the greatest knitter you have ever seen.
I mean he does such complicated geometrical patterns, you would think it's a Persian rug.
I'm always in there buying canvas, and he never fails to amaze me.
According to him, he is the only male knitter on KnitSide.com (or whatever) forum.
He says he has entered many contests around the country, but when the judges (always female) see he is a man, his work never wins anything.
When he has his daughters enter his work, they take second or first place every time.

I really don't care if this is true or not as your analogy of this premise is spot on!

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthXaos:

Feelz do not make realz.

Thanks for changing your avatar to really hit the point home. bonus points. gg

#664 4 years ago

Molly, I emailed you a Month ago inviting you to the Portland area.I was going to mention you,but realized this was you,lol
Keep L.A. Pinballing!

#665 4 years ago

This discussion has gone totally meta - we are arguing about how to argue now. Usually a sign that the horse has been beaten to a pulp and there's nothing left to say.

#666 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I'm not working to invalidate others' feelings. Feelings are valid. Feelings do not equal facts.

I'm questioning whether those feelings reflect facts and a substantive basis for any kind of systematic discrimination around here. How long it's supposedly "gone on" is irrelevant to your point. This is not twenty years ago, or thirty or even five. This is today.

Make your case, with facts, and show the evidence, or stop accusing an entire gender and forum. Stop saying "It is" because you "feel" that way. Prove "It is".

#667 4 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I'm not working to invalidate others' feelings. Feelings are valid. Feelings do not equal facts.
I'm questioning whether those feelings reflect facts and a substantive basis for any kind of systematic discrimination around here. How long it's supposedly "gone on" is irrelevant to your point. This is not twenty years ago, or thirty or even five. This is today.
Make your case, with facts, and show the evidence, or stop accusing an entire gender and forum. Stop saying "It is" because you "feel" that way. Prove "It is".

The assertion was that women feel unwelcome. We had at least 3 women show up in this thread and say they felt unwelcome. Unsure what's left to prove.

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

No, I put forther the concept that it isn't my place to inform every man who wants to come at me with devil's advocate postiions that I handhold them the whole way through because A) that is exhausting and B) that happens all the time and C) nothing is ever really enough for these people since they always want you to answer their further digressions. Again, it is not the responsibility of a marginalized group to solve all the problems of the group that holds the power.

Except your tactic is D) attack them and play martyr for having the audacity to not take your word as the final one. And when people undermine your holy position with information you didn't bring to the table.. you cry victim and go on the attack.

You want to preach and expect everyone to take your word blindly.. you want your message out loud and proud but don't have the common courtesy to address those you are expecting to listen to you. Instead of trying to have a conversation and be convincing, you want to spew and then hide under cover.

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Except your tactic is D) attack them and play martyr for having the audacity to not take your word as the final one. And when people undermine your holy position with information you didn't bring to the table.. you cry victim and go on the attack.
You want to preach and expect everyone to take your word blindly.. you want your message out loud and proud but don't have the common courtesy to address those you are expecting to listen to you. Instead of trying to have a conversation and be convincing, you want to spew and then hide under cover.

Wait, you're still posting in this thread flynnibus? I could have sworn that you said ...

Quoted from flynnibus:

as with many 'sensitive' topics people can't address them objectively so I'm out.

#670 4 years ago

"A bird doesn't sing because he has an answer, he sings because he has a song." JWA

#671 4 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

I really don't care if this is true or not as your analogy of this premise is spot on!

It's 10000% true as told to me.

I've seen his work, and it is mind blowing.

#672 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Am I supposed to feel grateful that you haven't doxxed me because you know a lot about it and/or hang out with people who do?

You are wildly flailing at the wrong person.

Take a breath.

Think about what you are saying and who you are saying it to.

Quoted from cait001:

Or are you referencing 4chan so I should assume you have a massive hentai collection?

Ahhh, when you have no intelligent point to make, switch to the insults.

Quoted from cait001:

Are obsessed with vidya?

More insults?

C'mon, I stick up for you and you are still stuck in defensive mode?

#673 4 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

I don't know why some of the posters here get butthurt over being asked to keep it cordial. We are all here to talk about and enjoy a very fringe and maybe dying hobby. Last of the Mohicans. I would have thought that would have been enough of a reason to welcome anyone and take joy in seeing someone new getting a.kick out of this silly hobby.

Me too. But it seems my request is not having much effect. Maybe it's time some people take a holiday from Pinside? Would that be a solution? I don't know, this whole thing is kind of bumming me out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Meriden, CT
$ 299.00
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
550 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Woodbury, MN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside