CPI.png
img304.jpg
Barb.jpg
crowded-surfing.jpg
image.jpg
un-nice.jpg
IMG_2297.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

You weren't so stingy on Pinterest.

Well, thats where all my dick pics are so everyone and believe me, ANYONE gets added on to that account.

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

OK, so can you please acknowledge that one fine point where the guy claimed specifically that he had doxxed me?

He did not really Doxx you.

If you hung out on 4chan with us, you would **know** what Doxxing is.

I will, of course acknowledge that the word Doxxing is super scary sounding right now because of all the media attention that Felicia Day generated.

And I will acknowledge that Wolf used the term in a way that sounded like he actually Doxxed you.

It was obviously a joke, so let's all just call a truce and get back to good things that women have done in pinball.

-White flag from Vid

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

BR and Kwiki were both in that thread! Haven't seen either of them around in ages.

Yeah they got out before the market took a big dump.

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If you hung out on 4chan with us, you would **know** what Doxxing is.

I really don't know what to make of this.
Am I supposed to feel grateful that you haven't doxxed me because you know a lot about it and/or hang out with people who do?
(Or are you referencing 4chan so I should assume you have a massive hentai collection? Are obsessed with vidya? What?)

Quoted from vid1900:

And I will acknowledge that Wolf used the term in a way that sounded like he actually Doxxed you.
It was obviously a joke

Thank for acknowledging that, but really I have no idea who this person is. And given the last year with all the chan-spawned bullshit, women don't exactly feel safe around a lot of this stuff online, so no I had no idea if it was just a joke.

OK, people want something concrete to discuss?
I would propose a guideline that there should be no mentioning or joking about stalking, doxxing, or gathering and posting information about people on this site we are arguing against. These are tactics that are heavily used against women, and having no tolerance for them would go a long way in making a place more appropriate for women.
Maybe this is already there? But I think it should be a bare minimum.

#605 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I in no way posted my DJ stuff on Pinside.And in no way does enjoying anything sexual somehow contradict my stance about Pinside needing to be more welcoming to women.This is a ridiculous strawman attack.
You are more than welcome to enter the world of underground queer dance music, participate enthusiastically, build up a solid reputation, and work towards changing it.
And "duplicate account, frozen"? Wahhhh did someone make an account just to try and attack me? Creeeeepy
Can I ask a mod to permanently thread eject me? I need to stop wasting my time with this train wreck, but have a hard time looking away.

It was never mentioned anything about the sexual nature of the shows. You decided that was the point. The point was merely if people walked into that type of forum and said hey I don't feel accepted even though they were treated the same as everyone else. The people there are not the problem its the one who walks in any claims victim. I'm surprised your victim card isn't on fire from the amount of times you pull it out. You even think I created an account having never heard of you, thats pretty conceited.
Yes this was northernhuskie2. I told the mods via the contact form I'd make a dupe just to respond to this one comment. They claim I'm several other people. I also told them I'd let them know when I made the account so they can then kill it. Not looking to stick around. Just clearing up the hilarious accusation that I made an account to go after cait. Have a good night, go play your pins and enjoy.

#606 8 years ago

EDIT: good place to end the discussion. Beers all around...except for me, I'm on the wagon.

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

OK, people want something concrete to discuss?

Gotcha covered!

hoover.jpeghoover.jpeg

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from robdd:

It was never mentioned anything about the sexual nature of the shows. You decided that was the point.

What? People posted pics of some of my DJ stuff out-of-context and claimed hypocrisy that they were sexual and how dare I.

Quoted from robdd:

The point was merely if people walked into that type of forum and said hey I don't feel accepted even though they were treated the same as everyone else.

I don't throw parties any more, but I assure you if you came to one of mine and felt you were being discriminated against I would absolutely listen to your concerns.

Quoted from robdd:

You even think I created an account having never heard of you, thats pretty conceited.
Yes this was northernhuskie2. I told the mods via the contact form I'd make a dupe just to respond to this one comment. They claim I'm several other people. I also told them I'd let them know when I made the account so they can then kill it. Not looking to stick around. Just clearing up the hilarious accusation that I made an account to go after cait.

You made an account just to respond to me, ok well at least thanks for admitting to it?

Quoted from robdd:

Have a good night, go play your pins and enjoy.

got to finish the damn LT5 ramp swap on my Corvette, parts everywhere...

#609 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I don't throw parties any more,

Well, you're in the right place now!

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, you're in the right place now!

Well, dance parties. I throw pinball parties now...

#611 8 years ago

First World problems.....Can we all just enjoy our thousand dollar toys? Or can someone give me a good deal so I can make my toy plural?

#612 8 years ago

I throw pinball dance parties. With firetrucks, hookers, the whole shebang!

#613 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

First World problems.....Can we all just enjoy our thousand dollar toys? Or can someone give me a good deal so I can make my toy plural?

Sounds like people are on the verge of giving away pins over in that WWE LE thread. Might be worth checking out.

#614 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I throw pinball dance parties. With firetrucks

If you don't return the firetrucks it's a felony you know.

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I throw pinball dance parties. With firetrucks, hookers, the whole shebang!

The aftermath.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#616 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The aftermath.
image.jpg

No Donkey????

#617 8 years ago

Who took my Big hurt?

#618 8 years ago

Wait, this guy found it.

mKqXywG.gifmKqXywG.gif

#620 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who took my Big Hurt?

I'm gonna blame Nimblepin.

#621 8 years ago

This thread now.

1b2157e533492e78297c16e6cbe1dfceb91d191.gif1b2157e533492e78297c16e6cbe1dfceb91d191.gif

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The aftermath.
image.jpg

Sam Harvey's living room?

#623 8 years ago

Oh sure, people give ME grief for throwing underground dance parties but y'all are giving your animals a party bowl of pills!

Quoted from o-din:

Who took my Big Hurt?

We left your Shaq Attack...

#624 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

We left your Shaq Attack...

Harsh...

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This thread now.
1b2157e533492e78297c16e6cbe1dfceb91d191.gif

You only have sex with goats? Donkeys are probably ok too....

#626 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This thread now.
1b2157e533492e78297c16e6cbe1dfceb91d191.gif

image.jpgimage.jpg

#627 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Maybe this is already there? But I think it should be a bare minimum.

Wolf was ejected for doing this.

#628 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

It is this kind of blind acceptance that this is all OK that contributes to spaces like these being unfriendly to women.

My assertion was not assigned to a gender.

Quoted from cait001:

To have a thread where women are saying "we don't feel very welcome here", then someone goes digging for ways to discredit them, and then people chiming in "well, you really should have expected people to dig through your life if you're going to talk on a forum online..."

To have a thread where Person A makes a statement, strongly... and others disagree, rebut, discuss, and ask questions which go unanswered, so they seek other aspects of Person A's life for any number of reasons ( too seek context and understanding / to discredit or distract / etc )... is as old as the pre-Mosaic internet.

I'm not saying it's always right or warranted. But I am saying it is human behavior. Your reaction of "OMG I BEEN DOXXED CREEPER" was a bit over the top. Whatever your motivation for doing so, you did leave things up for anyone to see, for whatever reason they may have to find it either intentionally or accidenatally. At least he admitted it openly. How many others have not?

Quoted from cait001:

And it needs to be noted, and understood, that this is a tactic heavily used to silence and intimidate women specifically.

I'm not using a tactic. I'm not trying to silence you or anyone else. I'm lending a counter observation in respecful and hopefully objective manner. And I'm doing so as a male who has himself been victimized by an internet crazy who stalked things into the real world at my own doorstep many years after issues should have been laid to rest.

Craziness knows no gender. Data knows no gender. You wanna share, you can't control who does what with that information. Maybe women are targeted more in general... maybe men are too chicken to admit when it happens... but claiming you have an exclusive purview to shout "OFFENSIVE TACTICS!!" is in itself... kinda offensive.

Quoted from cait001:

It is also an extremely weak argument, instead of debating the actual issues you want to issue challenges and inquisitions in to aspects of various people's lives. Internet hate mobs use this invasive gish gallop tactic frequently to silence voices they don't like.
If I say "pinside does not project a positive environment for women" or something like that, and so you start digging through my online history for things to answer for, that is absolutely a creeper tactic. You don't need to "follow the bread trails", however entitled to bringing that all forward you might feel you are.

But several people had put forth reasonable (by degrees) arguments - not even arguments, but exploratory counterpoints - to your positions. Instead of answering them directly, you put forth ad hominem attacks because, I dunno, how dare they be male and challenge your position. Well, shee-it, some took it upon themselves to figure out what's up. Would you have called "creep!" if a woman disagreed with you? I'm not saying what they did was right. But I don't necessarily believe that it's wrong because the context is sooooo subjective. At any rate, in this case they only used that information that you provided, to counter your position in an online forum. They didn't SWAT you. Or send mailings to your house, or other Grade-A Creepsterism. They didn't even call you names.

Way I see it, honestly? If someone goes to my FB or G+ or personal site or god knows where else I've been over the years, and finds something to "use" on me? OK... I get some shivers, I'll admit that. But what's to say that "creep" didn't find that information by happenstance from a mutual acquaintance? Is the acquaintance a creep for knowing this would happen?

And then again... sometimes good comes from people connecting the dots. So I've been stalked, boo. I've also had complete strangers find me out of the blue with projects and information, and other lucrative things... and sometimes that even turned to friendships.

The context is not always immediately evident, and always subject to change. A lot like life.

That said, if you say you're offended by being followed online, fine. I have no desire to offend you, I have not looked nor do I care or intend to. But you shouldn't call someone a creep because they found a public profile not knowing your "well that's not meant to be public" stance. The people that tell you they looked are not the ones you need to worry about.

Ugh, this thread is a wreck...

#629 8 years ago

Pinheads sure love to debate some shit!

#630 8 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Ugh, this thread is a wreck...

This is why the donkey and drugs were brought to the party.

#631 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Pinheads sure love to debate some shit!

No they DONT!

#632 8 years ago

My assertion was not assigned to a gender.

Except that this is disproportionately used against women.

Instead of answering them directly, you put forth ad hominem attacks because, I dunno, how dare they be male and challenge your position

No, I put forther the concept that it isn't my place to inform every man who wants to come at me with devil's advocate postiions that I handhold them the whole way through because A) that is exhausting and B) that happens all the time and C) nothing is ever really enough for these people since they always want you to answer their further digressions. Again, it is not the responsibility of a marginalized group to solve all the problems of the group that holds the power.

At any rate, in this case they only used that information that you provided, to counter your position in an online forum. They didn't SWAT you. Or send mailings to your house, or other Grade-A Creepsterism. They didn't even call you names.

No, they put forth strawmen that were built on wildly ignorant assertions and lazy accusations of hypocrisy that they wanted debunked.
OH BOY, they didn't send the cops to my house or send me creepy packages in the mail. How privileged that I was spared.

Look, I am way too far past gin-o-clock to debate this further. More tastefully funny pictures, please.

#633 8 years ago

NEW TOPIC: if Stern announced a Hunger Games pin, probably the most cross-market acceptable woman-appealing pin franchise I can think of right now, would you all be in to it, theme only?

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

NEW TOPIC: if Stern announced a Hunger Games pin, probably the most cross-market acceptable woman-appealing pin franchise I can think of right now, would you all be in to it, theme only?

No.....haven't seen any of the movies but I bet one of my 3 daughters would love for me to buy it.

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

This is why the donkey and drugs were brought to the party.

Don't forget the little people - the party doesn't really start until they arrive.

#636 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Rumor has it they did design one and then shelved it.

I enjoyed the books and liked the first two movies (still haven't seen the third). If done right, it could be an excellent theme for a pinball machine. Not sure if it would be intriguing enough for me to buy, but I would definitely put some quarters in one if I saw it on location.

Now a Harry Potter pinball on the other hand? I would probably have to break my "no preorders ever again" vow if that happened.

#637 8 years ago

What we learned:

Women don't like purses. (also, they really HATE it when you point out that most women do indeed actually like purses)
Men smell bad.
It is impossible to be sexist against a man.
A cursory review of a facebook page is doxxing.
Dudes are assholes.

#638 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

We're about to get a heroine pin in Alien/Aliens from Heighway pinball. THAT I can't wait for. And to hear Hudson (Bill Paxton) whine incessantly.

#639 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

OH BOY, they didn't send the cops to my house or send me creepy packages in the mail. How privileged that I was spared.

Speaking up for WolfMarsh since he's out of the thread - I think he understands now that what he did wasn't right, and I know him not to be a creepy guy.

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I enjoyed the books and liked the first two movies (still haven't seen the third). If done right, it could be an excellent theme for a pinball machine. Not sure if it would be intriguing enough for me to buy, but I would definitely put some quarters in one if I saw it on location.

Awww dang, hadn't heard that. Always held up hope, considering how well the archery theme and BATTLES themes would work with well with pinball.
But WWE, amiright?

#641 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

What? People posted pics of some of my DJ stuff out-of-context and claimed hypocrisy that they were sexual and how dare I.

You quoted, and referred to my comment. at what point did *I* make a statement about the sexual nature of the show. If you were taking about someone else's actions why did you decide to quote my comment. If you were referring to my comments why did you make up things that were not said.

The scantily clad history part of my initial comment was directly in relation to your comment about booty being "part of the dance culture"

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

But WWE, amiright?

Yeah, that was a big bucket of fail. Seems like UFC would have made more sense these days... Maybe it is a tougher (more expensive?) license to land.

Wouldn't have been a sale for me either way. Hunger Games would be a way better theme than either of those.

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

They rethemed it into WWF.

#644 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Seems like UFC would have made more sense these days... Maybe it is a tougher (more expensive?) license to land.

Ronda Rousey LE and I'm in for first NIB...

#645 8 years ago

VSMkPiw.jpgVSMkPiw.jpg

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Ronda Rousey LE and I'm in for first NIB...

take my money.

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

They rethemed it into WWF.

Makes sense. Ring could be the arena for instance.

#648 8 years ago

#649 8 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

You have women telling you that they don't feel comfortable here. They tell you that it's the behavior of the people in this community that makes them feel this way.
You aren't at liberty to disagree with that.

We have *some* women saying that. And there are *some* who might be making them feel that way (as yet, haven't seen the proof)

And we have no right to disagree?

Then you have no right to disagree with me saying you're wrong.

#650 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

We have *some* women saying that. And there are *some* who might be making them feel that way (as yet, haven't seen the proof)
And we have no right to disagree?
Then you have no right to disagree with me saying you're wrong.

I'm a 39 year old male who gets annoyed with the off topic garbage that gets posted in a lot of forums. I get slammed enough when I bitch about it. Can only image how much worse/frustrating it would be for someone of the opposite sex.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Calgary, AB
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 673 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/there-are-good-women-in-pinball/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.