(Topic ID: 18459)

Theories on the new pinball resurgence.

By jimjim66

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WPT.jpg
    BBH.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kwikimart.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I also think that saturation in the video game market is contributing to this trend. Greed especially, take a look at EA Games and Activision and see if you can't find at least 20 different games released by them on a game store shelf. Plus the fact that everything is online now; you're always updating the game software, playing with hackers that ruin the online experience, and in turn re-signing terms of service agreements with crap in them saying it's illegal to file a lawsuit against the licensor because you want to run homebrew software that you wrote on your gaming console (Sony). New games are shallow, watered down messes that still costs $60 a pop right off the shelf that are most likely poor unoptimized conversions of a game designed around another system, such as the PC. And not to mention Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo gets a majority of the royalties generated from game sales, leaving little room for the actual development companies to innovate and leaving little incentive to actually make something good. I'm not saying all game franchises are this way, but things are definitely going downhill fast in the console gaming market. Millions of players are turning to smartphones and tablets for cheap games. Nintendo is nearly bankrupt. The 3DS and Vita handheld units aren't selling. And did I mention the community is furious with Sony and Microsoft dropping support for used games?

I think the video game market might crash again. BTW, downloadable content is another factor. You pay for more stuff in the game. Why didn't the producers put the content in the game when it CAME OUT?????

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kwikimart.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theories-on-the-new-pinball-resurgence?tu=kwikimart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.