• Stranger Things 57 votes
    14%
  • Michael Jackson 22 votes
    6%
  • Boondocks 8 votes
    2%
  • Other (Add answer below) 19 votes
    5%

(Multiple choice - 396 votes by 180 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index (resized).jpg
IMG_1482 (resized).PNG
1072full-billie-'buckwheat'-thomas (resized).jpg
a85921ec80cc0d1bebd767b5ed0b5a8364b4f277.jpg
DSC09897.JPG
DSC09896.JPG
DSC09895.JPG
DSC09893.JPG
DSC09892.JPG
DSC09883.JPG
images(18).jpg
images(20).jpg
images(19).jpg
images(6).jpg
images(4).jpg
images(16).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

MILO
he isn't old and he is a very colourful character . even has a black husband. Would this count?
Some fantastic call outs too!

Only Trudeau could make this one as well. That guy has zero redeeming qualities.

#74 5 years ago

I think we need to realize just because a conversation is about inclusiveness of non old white dudes, doesn’t mean that it’s trying to exclude old white dudes. The topic isn't "what themes will white people hate and how can we be sure they aren't allowed to play them.” Think outside the box for once.

I think a Wonder Woman pin would be amazing. Black Panther also would be cool. I don't think either are specifically for women only or black people only, but they may have a broader reach than say Aerosmith does while still appealing to the core demographic that no one is debating drives the market.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Tbachli:

"Inclusiveness" and "non old white dudes" in the same sentence will put people on the defensive EVERY time.

That’s your baggage.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

Jeez, this thread. If I wanted a semi-progressive crust over an inner core of dog whistle right-wing idiocy making itself crazy by overthinking how to market pinball machines i’d listen to the Kaneda podcast.

Ok, now that was f’ing brilliant

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So this thread is about making pins more black, Hispanic, younger and minority driven?
Identity sales just don’t work

“Would any of these themes have any crossover ability to the current pinball buyer, while potentially expanding into new markets. Pick as many as you’d actually consider.”

That’s The very first post from the OP. To me it sounds like he’s saying what would appeal to a broader audience beyond the core target demographic while still including them.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hmmm, from Cali, doesn't surprise me.
I don't think about pinball machines as more white, less white, black, hispanic or otherwise.
But I get it.

Not sure if you get it.

I won’t make assumptions about you based on Texas, I don’t like to prejudge people based on something as arbitrary as a location, plus I’ve met lots of open minded people from there.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I am so sick of hearing of nothing but racial issues on TV that I pretty much stopped watching the news on TV.
I never thought someone on pinside would open up a thread pointing to a racial divide in the marketplace. What happened to our country being mixed race? Why do we have to put wedges between the races like this?

Asking what themes would have crossover appeal to include other demographics besides the core target market isn’t a wedge between the races but moreso a bridge.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider practicalsteve.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/themes-to-make-pinball-less-old-male-and-white?tu=practicalsteve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.