Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by woody24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BB (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider znet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Here's a list I compiled of themes I'd find interesting. Some of these are odd and would probably sell poorly and be a bad business decision for Stern. But I'd happily put any of these in my basement.
    Generally, I see these as current classics, cult classics, and things that will age well.
    Blade Runner, original
    Tron, original
    Monty Python (MM, I know)
    Fight Club
    Archer
    Clerks
    Pulp Fiction, Reservoir dogs or maybe Quentin Tarantino overall?
    Evil Dead / Army of Darkness
    Shaun of the Dead
    Princess Bride
    SNL
    Office Space
    Mr. Robot
    Portal
    LED Zeppelin
    Beatles
    Bob Marley
    Bob Dylan
    Grateful Dead
    Alfred Hitchcock
    Ex machina
    Albert Brooks movies
    Beastie Boys
    These are probably too bizarre, but I'll include these here just for me:
    Avett Brothers
    Blues, King Biscuit Flour Hour
    Deathrace 2000
    Raising Arizona
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Tesla
    Stanley Kubrick
    Spaced
    Vincent Van Gogh
    Mystery Science Theater 3000
    Standup comedy, not sure how this would work in pinball, but my favorites are: Andy Kaufman, Reggie Watts, Sarah Silverman, Mitch Hedberg, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Bo Burnham, Eddie Izzard

There are so many good ideas here and elsewhere in this thread. For me, the stand-out nonmusical title on your list is Alfred Hitchcock. There's so much quality character and mystery-thriller storyline material from which to draw, e.g. Rear Window, Vertigo, The Birds, North by Northwest, Psycho, Marnie, Dial M for Murder, The Lady Vanishes, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Torn Curtain, Spellbound, The Wrong Man.

As for musical titles, while I would prefer The Beatles to most other bands, I must admit that one musical title among your listed themes is a natural for a certain pinball lighting. . .LED Zeppelin. . .not to mention a stairway to heaven ramp.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider znet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/themes-i-would-like?tu=znet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.