Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by woody24
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BB (resized).png
    There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 years ago

Si sorry

=> James Bond with daniel Craig

#52 7 years ago

Definitely Pink Floyd and Zep for sure but for a movie I'm thinking "Warriors come out to play aay"

#53 7 years ago

James Bond - JJP
    Jason Bourne
    John Wick
    Predator - Heighway
    Mission Impossible
    Total Recall (Original)
    Running Man
    Back to the Future
    Die Hard Trilogy
    Terminator 1 & 2 - Heighway
    The Fast & The Furious

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

Here's a list I compiled of themes I'd find interesting. Some of these are odd and would probably sell poorly and be a bad business decision for Stern. But I'd happily put any of these in my basement.
    Generally, I see these as current classics, cult classics, and things that will age well.
    Blade Runner, original
    Tron, original
    Monty Python (MM, I know)
    Fight Club
    Archer
    Clerks
    Pulp Fiction, Reservoir dogs or maybe Quentin Tarantino overall?
    Evil Dead / Army of Darkness
    Shaun of the Dead
    Princess Bride
    SNL
    Office Space
    Mr. Robot
    Portal
    LED Zeppelin
    Beatles
    Bob Marley
    Bob Dylan
    Grateful Dead
    Alfred Hitchcock
    Ex machina
    Albert Brooks movies
    Beastie Boys
    These are probably too bizarre, but I'll include these here just for me:
    Avett Brothers
    Blues, King Biscuit Flour Hour
    Deathrace 2000
    Raising Arizona
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Tesla
    Stanley Kubrick
    Spaced
    Vincent Van Gogh
    Mystery Science Theater 3000
    Standup comedy, not sure how this would work in pinball, but my favorites are: Andy Kaufman, Reggie Watts, Sarah Silverman, Mitch Hedberg, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Bo Burnham, Eddie Izzard

There are so many good ideas here and elsewhere in this thread. For me, the stand-out nonmusical title on your list is Alfred Hitchcock. There's so much quality character and mystery-thriller storyline material from which to draw, e.g. Rear Window, Vertigo, The Birds, North by Northwest, Psycho, Marnie, Dial M for Murder, The Lady Vanishes, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Torn Curtain, Spellbound, The Wrong Man.

As for musical titles, while I would prefer The Beatles to most other bands, I must admit that one musical title among your listed themes is a natural for a certain pinball lighting. . .LED Zeppelin. . .not to mention a stairway to heaven ramp.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I guess you mean besides the machine Tommy?

IMO, Tommy doesn't count. It was based on the 90s musical, not really the band or the album. It kinda sidesteps the whole idea.

#57 7 years ago

Themes I would like-

Hendrix
    Death Wish
    Fast and Furious
    Dead Kennedys
    Planet of the Apes
    Civil War
    Social Distortion

and of course...
    Hardbodies

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Portal would be fun.
    Zelda would be fantastic.
    Uncharted or Tomb Raider would be way cool.
    Literally any video game theme. Considering the gaming industry is far larger than the film industry, I'm really surprised Stern (or others) haven't attempted to license one.

They did -> Roller Coaster Tycoon. It didn't sell very well.

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

IMO, Tommy doesn't count. It was based on the 90s musical, not really the band or the album. It kinda sidesteps the whole idea.

Totally agree...It sidesteps it right into shitsville.

#60 7 years ago

Forgot to add a few horror/gore titles, would be great to get a hard R rated pin out

SAW franchise - all that gore in HD on an lcd yes please!
    Halloween - had hoped RZ was going to be RZ Halloween that would have been sweet.
    Scream - franchise rejuvenated horror and reinvented the slasher genre, they even managed to put a spin on remakes/reboots with Scream 4, great franchise that would be great with some pin love.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Scream - ...while creating the slasher genre

#62 7 years ago

damn iphone, got my words jumbled and auto corrected, says what I intended it to say now.

btw Law I am talking from my generations POV, only a young 30 year old pup here

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Japanamation films

Oh my god. People still call it THAT?!!?

#64 7 years ago

The Matrix, I know. . .
    The Bible, I know. . .

#65 7 years ago

With all these video screens involved now Gals Panic is the obvious choice.

#66 7 years ago

ZZ Top
    Beastie Boys
    Public Enemy
    Rammstein
    QoTSa
    Foo Fighters

SAW
    Interstellar
    2001: a space odyssey
    Cube
    Pulp Fiction
    28 days later
    Léon (the professional)
    Wargames

Stranger things
    Breaking bad

Command & Conquer: red alert
    Clash royale

#67 7 years ago

I am still amazed this never got made into a production pin, the film was huge! Hopefully Keanu doesn't get ignored again a John Wick pin would be badass, surprised how good those movies where loads of cool footage and potential for modes.

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I am still amazed this never got made into a production pin, the film was huge!

Bad timing. The film came out in mid 1999, right when Williams was closing up shop. They bet on the wrong horse: SWE1 instead of "The Matrix," which of course took SWE1 to school.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from chadderack:

Bad timing. The film came out in mid 1999, right when Williams was closing up shop. They bet on the wrong horse: SWE1 instead of "The Matrix," which of course took SWE1 to school.

I was only about 12 when SWep1 came out and I remember its release, but that's downright upsetting to think they went with SW over the Matrix, the Matrix in pin2000 would have been pretty sweet, would love to see one of the current manufacturers bring out a Matrix pin, I know I would be in line for it, providing it had 2 shooter lanes - blue and red

#70 7 years ago

Movies:
    Man of Steel (or anything Superman! I cannot believe a new Supes pin hasn't been made yet)
    Harry Potter
    Princess Bride
    Goonies
    Ninja Scroll
    Akira
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Predator
    Monty Python (Holy Grail)
    Dumb and Dumber
    Neverending Story

Video Games:
    Doom
    Metroid
    Shadow of the Colossus

Bands:
    Nine Inch Nails
    U2
    Queen

General original themes:
    Space/galaxy/universe
    The ocean

I pretty much think JJP would do all of these better than anyone else.

#71 7 years ago

The Police would be an awesome theme. Several cool songs could make nice missions
    - ghosts in the Machine
    - synchronicity
    - every breath you take
    - Roxanne
    - tea in the Sahara
    - Message in a bottle
    - King of pain

#72 7 years ago

How about Animal House!

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

The Matrix, I know. . .
    The Bible, I know. . .

We were just talking "Bible Ball, The Old Testament", then "Bible Ball, Revelations"the four horseman to be specific.

#74 7 years ago

Sleepy Hollow would work well with pinball.

#75 7 years ago

Just a few minor tweaks from the previous topic:

Western
    I really like the idea of playing a bandit and using your score to represent your bounty. Basically you are playing as the villain trying to increase the price on your head. Use the camera like they have on Dialed In to take your mugshot and put it onto a wanted poster for the high scores.

King Arthur
    So much open source material: Excalibur, Lady of the Lake, Merlin, Knights of the Round Table, Dragons, Holy Grail, Castles, etc.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    Very similar to the above, but more of a gag.

Steam Punk / Alternative History
    I think something with Nikola Tesla could be pretty damn cool.

Zombieland
    I know many are sick of zombies, but in my opinion this would have been the best pinball machine: Campy, Kill of the Week, Woodie Harrelson, Bill Murray, Emma Stone, Pacific Playland, etc.

Scooby Doo
    I think it has appeal with adults and kids. Something with fun interactive monster toys like Monster Bash.

Star Wars
    Would love to see something epic, a la Lord of the Rings.

The Matrix
    Man vs Machine, plus I really want to have an out of control Sentinel attack multiball that emulates the Battle of Zion.

Fables / Brothers Grimm
    A mashup of the open source fairy tails.

Pandemic
    Battle to save the world from disease outbreaks.

King of Tokyo
    This would be my choice for your "giant beats" theme. It's a bit more colorful then what I think of with Godzilla or King Kong.

Harry Potter
    Seems like a no brainer for a company like JJP. I'm assuming is a licensing nightmare.

#76 7 years ago
    Quoted from thestreetzking:

I want:
    -Zelda
    and
    - Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Yuuuuussss

#77 7 years ago

The Goonies
    CW's The Flash
    Weird Science
    Knight Rider (classic 80's) - KITT call outs
    The A-Team (classic 80's) - Mr. T call outs
    Mission Impossible (modern) - Tom Cruise call outs
    Michael Jackson / Moonwalker
    1980's music themed
    Vietnam War themed

#78 7 years ago

My top five dream pins are as follows: (It changes every year - but these seem to be the recurring ones in my imagination)

1. Battlestar Galactica (70's original or 2003 version - both are classics)
    2. The Last Starfighter
    3. Blazing Saddles
    4. Gremlins
    5. Wall-E

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Portal would be fun.
    Zelda would be fantastic.
    Uncharted or Tomb Raider would be way cool.
    Literally any video game theme. Considering the gaming industry is far larger than the film industry, I'm really surprised Stern (or others) haven't attempted to license one.

I would love a Castlevania pin. Especially based of Symphony of the night....

#80 7 years ago

McDonalds would be a cool theme with Ronald McDonald, Mayor McCheese, Grimace, Hamburglar etc.

#81 7 years ago

This made me think how cool it would be to have a pin based off of the Cafe Racer style motorcycle, and the culture of artwork like Deus does for their motorcycles. http://deuscustoms.com/ Crudely hand drawn, beautifully hand-lettered designs.

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/themes-i-would-like/page/2?hl=lewisd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.