Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by whisper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 11 years ago

I believe the OP is stating that JJPs new pin appears to be better quality parts than Stern, and not that Stern is making poor quality pins. So far, WOZ looks like an amazing pin, quality/innovation wise. Bummer theme though.
    To your question, you need both to make a truly great pin. Having only one of those ingredients will result in one of 1000s of pins rarely talked about on Pinside, or sought after for very long.
    My prediction: WOZ will be available for sale second hand for $5000 or so for a long, long, time.
    As soon as it's not the absolute latest/greatest(?) pin, it's going to be looked at for what it really is:
    A horribly themed pin, in a nice wrapper.
    We'll all enjoy playing it at a friend's place for a few games at a time, but few will want it taking up valuable pinball real estate in their home, at least with the sound on.
    I don't mind being wrong on this. If you've pre-ordered WOZ, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    It's better for us all if this turns out to be a masterpiece.

2 years later
    #61 8 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Two and a half years later and they are still selling NIB at a higher price. Used prices are holding steady around $7-7.5K.
    It's a divisively themed pin in a nice wrapper with exceptional code and solid support.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Not only are they holding their value, but with the exchange rate being what it is, they all seem to have increased in value here in Canada, even after a couple years of being played.
    Although the title isn't for everyone, the game still seems very popular with many supporters.

I am glad to be wrong on this as it's just better for everyone if JJP can continue making pinball machines!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theme-vs-quality-jjp-vs-stern?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.