Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a great game regardless of theme??”

• Would buy if even Milli Vanilli 6 votes
      5%
    • Would buy even if Justin Bieber 1 vote
      1%
    • Wouldn’t buy because it would drive me crazy 92 votes
      81%
    • Who cares. I just want something to bitch about. 15 votes
      13%

(114 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Theme isn’t that important to me. If you don’t have the gameplay, it doesn’t matter how good the theme is.
    When you do really like the theme and the gameplay is equally as good, it’s just icing on the cake!
    With so many new pins being made, it’s almost impossible not to have both every once in a while. Almost as good as the 90s pins with Bally/Williams.

1 week later
    #57 5 years ago

Great theme is a bonus. Gameplay and code is a must, otherwise you’ll get bored of it really quick.
    Dialed In theme didn’t click for me, but gameplay is great. I wasn’t going to buy it, but when I played it a few times, I had to have it. Same thing with IMDN. I don’t like the music, but what a fantastic pin.

Then there’s TWD, great gameplay, rules and layout. The game is really challenging and puts a smile on your face.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theme-importance?tu=brett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.