Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 339 posts
  • 181 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JordanB
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hooters girl.jpg
    First-time-at-Hooters-801.jpg
    Hooters-Girls.jpeg
    hooters-protest1.jpg
    hospice hooters.jpg
    post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-GkxF.gif
    image-967.jpg
    MartianHeadExplodes.gif
    image.jpg
    2874408445.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    hitchhiking.jpg
    Dragonball-Z-dragon-ball-z-25544707-1600-1057.jpg
    1313626184276.jpg
    fM10xl2GqeCfrSJhqhbYGaAeRUP.jpg
    image-826.jpg

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

If one more person suggests a theme that is licensed, i'm gonna... i don't know what i'm gonna do.

MartianHeadExplodes.gifMartianHeadExplodes.gif
    #252 9 years ago

Video is of jpops game sorry. U might get a sease and disist
    Lol

#253 9 years ago

Hey speaking of "original themes" that are just sequels to original themed games, what about VENGEANCE FROM VENUS?

#254 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Video is of jpops game sorry. U might get a sease and disist
    Lol

mars attacks is jpops license?

#255 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

For the most part it is... But don't tell JPop

#256 9 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Hey speaking of "original themes" that are just sequels to original themed games, what about VENGEANCE FROM VENUS?

attack from mars isn't good enough for ya?

#257 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Attack from Mars isn't good enough for ya?

The difference would be female aliens attacking. I like it.

#258 9 years ago

I believe Ted was heavily involved in the OS side of things as well - service menus, tests, basic OS stuff. So it was a collaboration.

When you read the hexdump of a WMS game, you see two names in the OS code - Larry DeMar and Ted Estes.

Not only is he an accomplished engineer for pinball OSes, he's responsible for the coding of several top 100 games. So, the idea that Keith - who used to *work for Ted* at WMS in the slot division - would overshadow Ted on anything pinball-related could be seen as a bit disparaging of Ted's well-deserved rep.

However, Ted is also one of the most humble people I know so he'd never say anything about it.

#259 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Inside joke... image-967.jpgimage-967.jpg

#260 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Inside joke...

image-967.jpg 41 KB

what do martians have to do with zombies? i don't get it?

#261 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

There's jpop threads for this talk. Something to do with retro stuff. Marvin the Martian is on there too. See jpop thread.

#262 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

That's the majic of the great artist named Jpop. No one gets it and since it's done by an "artist" it must be genius. Don't ask questions, just fall in line and have faith.

QSS

#263 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

Apparently, the Martians have made zombies of the humans!

#264 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Inside joke...

post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-GkxF.gifpost-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-GkxF.gif

#265 9 years ago

Maybe this could help thinking about something? http://ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=413&ppl=pat+lawlor&searchtype=advanced

#267 9 years ago

Hmm, why isn't there anything listed after 1999 for him?

#270 9 years ago

Good Morning America for the win!

#271 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Someone else is already working on Wizard Blocks in some form

You mean that someone bought the rights from PPS/Illinois Pinball? If that is the case it would make sense for Pat to be the person working on it.

1 month later
    #272 9 years ago

no news of the new (secret) pat lawlor game ?

#273 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

Apparently, the Martians have made zombies of the humans!

Correct, Martians are turning humans into zombies on JPOP's RAZA

#274 9 years ago
    Quoted from KoSLoW:

Not gonna happen until Hobbit gets released and out the door.

I'm guessing March?

Apparently they are trying to make this a Stern like release. Announce it and it starts shipping 4 weeks later

#275 9 years ago
    Quoted from KoSLoW:

Every day that goes by is one day closer to the real news. Hi Pat!

#276 9 years ago

I heard that it likely will be Q3 2015 before we hear any thing about it.

#277 9 years ago

I hope they take their time, I need to let my money recoup. who knows what Stern's next game is going to be, and Pat's game, Aliens on the horizon. Man I might have become a part time gigolo, catering to women only by the way, just in case any of you were interested.

#278 9 years ago
    Quoted from KoSLoW:

no news of the new (secret) pat lawlor game

I heard the layout is nice
    (but hey, that's really no news at all, for 'nice' can be different to everyone and gives no info whatsoever )

#279 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Man I might have become a part time gigolo, catering to women only by the way, just in case any of you were interested.

Damn. I LOVE Canadians...

#280 9 years ago

JJP's third game being an original theme is all I need to know... YES!!

#281 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I heard that it likely will be Q3 2015 before we hear any thing about it.

I hope so. Gives me time to save.

#282 9 years ago

I have to say, as much of a JJP fan as I am, I'm not a huge fan of Lawlor's pins. Fun, yes...keepers, no. I'm eyeing what Stern is doing now and hoping for Game of Thrones or Star Wars (although I'd much rather see Star Wars from JJP).

#283 9 years ago

JJP Star Wars would be great.

#284 9 years ago
    Quoted from Strange:

JJP's third game being an original theme is all I need to know... YES!!

I love the idea of an original theme. But that's not really "all I need to know". It could be Lawlor's Wild World of Water Sports. JJP presents ... A Night at the Bridge Club. Not Very Fun House.

As Rarehero so nicely put it in another thread, an original theme is still a theme. Just because it's not a movie or a band doesn't mean I'm automatically interested in it.

Now I'm sure it's gotta be something much cooler than my horrible suggestions. But someone wanting a horror theme (love the haunted house rumors from way back!) isn't going to be overly stoked about a spaghetti western instead, while some people would be totally disappointed in something spooky.

So yay! Original theme! But let's see the game before we get all frothed up.

#285 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have to say, as much of a JJP fan as I am, I'm not a huge fan of Lawlor's pins. Fun, yes...keepers, no. I'm eyeing what Stern is doing now and hoping for Game of Thrones or Star Wars (although I'd much rather see Star Wars from JJP).

I'm the opposite. Unless it's a complete miss, PLJJP will be in my lineup with Safe Cracker, Addams, NGG, and Whirlwind.

#286 9 years ago

Some great games here done by Pat Lawlor. I own three of these games.

1989-02 Earthshaker
    2007 Family Guy
    1990-11 Funhouse
    1997-12 No Good Gofers
    2004-03 Ripley's Believe It or Not (own)
    1996-03 Safe Cracker
    1992-03 The Addams FamilY
    1994-10 The Addams Family Special Collectors Edition (own)
    1993-04 Twilight Zone (own)
    1990-01 Whirlwind

#287 9 years ago

you forgot nascar!

#288 9 years ago

I'm not sure how everybody missed Pat's giant hint in this commercial.
    He is obviously doing an insurance disaster pinball theme with a more animated Rudy.

#289 9 years ago

Not spreading rumors but... I was informed of a pinball in the works that would be coming out prior to Pat's release. It is being desinged, built and priced for operators to compete with Stern's Pro model. Even though my source is solid, can anybody verify what was told to me? With all the secrecy in pinball, it's hard to believe anything said.

#290 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Every day that goes by is one day closer to the real news. Hi Pat!

Pat for President !

#291 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Not spreading rumors but... I was informed of a pinball in the works that would be coming out prior to Pat's release. It is being desinged, built and priced for operators to compete with Stern's Pro model. Even though my source is solid, can anybody verify what was told to me? With all the secrecy in pinball, it's hard to believe anything said.

I guess it's possible. Maybe that's why the talk of the release date for Pat's game went from late 1Q to 3Q. But it seems odd that there has been no leak or hint to support a mystery game.

#292 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Damn. I LOVE Canadians...

Note to self: stay FAR away from beelzeboob, if you see him at expo. Very far.

#293 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

From jjp? That would be great! Only having $8k games is hard for many buyers, but new games in the $4k range are easier to swing. I'd be all for it!

#294 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I guess it's possible. Maybe that's why the talk of the release date for Pat's game went from late 1Q to 3Q. But it seems odd that there has been no leak or hint to support a mystery game.

I am not trying to be a smart ass but what year is the release date for.The Hobbit was first announced over two years ago on pinball news I have a hard time thinking the release will be any time soon the announcement maybe.

#295 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hitch9:

Note to self: stay FAR away from beelzeboob, if you see him at expo. Very far.

Dude...I have an agent in Toronto. My FedEx shipments to them go thru Mississauga. You're NEVER that far away from me...

#296 9 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Some great games here done by Pat Lawlor. I own three of these games.

1989-02 Earthshaker
    2007 Family Guy
    1990-11 Funhouse
    1997-12 No Good Gofers
    2004-03 Ripley's Believe It or Not (own)
    1996-03 Safe Cracker
    1992-03 The Addams Family
    1994-10 The Addams Family Special Collectors Edition (own)
    1993-04 Twilight Zone (own)
    1990-01 Whirlwind

you missed a couple

1987 Wreck'n Ball
    1988-05 Banzai Run
    1989-02 Earthshaker
    1990-11 Funhouse
    1990-01 Whirlwind
    1992-03 The Addams Family
    1993-04 Twilight Zone
    1994-10 Red & Ted's Road Show
    1994-10 The Addams Family Special Collectors Edition
    1996-03 Safe Cracker
    1997-12 No Good Gofers
    1999-11 Wizard Blocks™
    2001-09 Monopoly™
    2002-08 RollerCoaster Tycoon
    2004-03 Ripley's Believe It or Not!®
    2005 Grand Prix Stern
    2005-08 NASCAR®
    2007 Family Guy
    2007-12 Good Morning America
    2008-11 CSI
    2008 Shrek™

i own 4 of these (Banzai, Twilight Zone, Road Show, Ripley's,

#297 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Wasn't this post actually the definition of spreading rumors? I did see that you qualified it by saying you were not spreading rumors... and then spread rumors like butter scraped over too much bread.

#298 9 years ago

I really like his designs as they are so different! Just got a csi and I LOVE IT. Has a unique feel and flow of its own.

1 month later
    #299 9 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

An "Outer Limits" pin would be a nice fit..

Used to watch this series all the time.

#300 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

FAMILY Funhouse FRENZY!
    -Introducing Rudy's wife, Trudy! Both heads would be on playfield, ala roadshow. Hysterical quotes galore, including the couple arguing with each other, like, well....and old couple!
    -They brought the rest of the family!: Their kids Tootie, Hootie, Grooty and Judy. Also, Uncle Cootie and Aunt Pootie tag along, with their kids Cutie, Moody, Broody and their pet dog Fruity who makes lots of Doodie...
    All kinds of family Funhouse hijinks are sure to be had!
    The FH itself has grown exponentially wackier, with tons more attractions and playfield features, including:
    -Rolling Barrel Bonanaza
    -Crazy Conveyor Belts
    -Funky Floors that move side to side
    -Psycho Slides.
    -Returning features like the Wind Tunnel and House of Mirrors return with more frenetic action!
    Come on, Pat. Make it happen!

But the ultimate 2 head pin would have to have the happily married couple via motors come together for a kiss, with the sound effects from creature from the black lagoon??!!

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theme-for-pat-lawlors-new-game-for-jjp/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.