5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 339 posts
  • 181 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JordanB
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Hooters girl.jpg
    First-time-at-Hooters-801.jpg
    Hooters-Girls.jpeg
    hooters-protest1.jpg
    hospice hooters.jpg
    post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-GkxF.gif
    image-967.jpg
    MartianHeadExplodes.gif
    image.jpg
    2874408445.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    hitchhiking.jpg
    Dragonball-Z-dragon-ball-z-25544707-1600-1057.jpg
    1313626184276.jpg
    fM10xl2GqeCfrSJhqhbYGaAeRUP.jpg
    image-826.jpg

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 4 years ago

That would be so great.

#202 4 years ago

Still would like a Serengeti pin where you have to survive as a wildebeast roaming across the wilderness.

So sad the steve irwin pin did not make it.

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I was proposing a whole brand new game, not a remake. A sequel with more flair and flash than FH1. That's why I mentioned bringing Rudy's family and new attractions.

I would say to get away from Rudy and make the whole machine animated. It could be like Funhouse where the machine is friendly at first then turns against you. With led lighting and hd display technology, you could do a lot to change the dynamics of the game. Kind of like a mix of Funhouse, pin bot, and Terminator.

#204 4 years ago

I hear it will be The Sound of Music, with a big Julie Andrews talking/singing head in the middle of the playfield.

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

I would love to see Funhouse as a DMD game.

Like awhile back in another thread where PPS was mentioning it and BOP DMD kits ?

LTG : )™

#206 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I hear it will be The Sound of Music, with a big Julie Andrews talking/singing head in the middle of the playfield.

That would actually be pretty funny. Shooting balls in her mouth in the middle of her singing would be great.

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

Its gonna be the Jersey Boardwalk.

Sounds like a remake of Monopoly.

#208 4 years ago

I don't consider Lawlor to be a master of theme. My favorite pins of his are licensed properties for chrissake. As long as his theme stays original and is something I plain just don't like I will be fine. Lawlor needs to focus on that which he is a master of: Gameplay. Make the Game Fun, Make the Game Run, Make the Game Fun - with new interesting gadgets to boot.

1 week later
    #209 4 years ago

i think it will be in relation with Rudy ... because Taf is a licensed theme.. the logical way is Fun house / Road Show

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Sounds like a remake of Monopoly.

Dude, don't even joke about that.

Shudder.

#211 4 years ago

I just hope Pat has free reign on whatever he comes up with! He's always been my favorite designer.

We should see some subtle humor too! ... Something that Stern usually stinks at and JJP hasn't really tried yet.

IMHO, of course.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

We should see some subtle humor too! ... Something that Stern usually stinks at and JJP hasn't really tried yet.

I don't know - the hobbit reveal was pretty funny

If the hobbit gets a major facelift by the next time we see it I bet those JJP guys will be chuckling, and us pre order guys will have a sigh of relief ...

1 week later
    #213 4 years ago

Theme idea: Deep Sea Exploration Name: Hado or Pelagic

Pin would have a built in water tank with underwater mechanical objects (sub etc.. ) and wave motion for the playfield during game play.

Get your Dramamine ready... lol

#214 4 years ago

How about Toy Story! Buzz, Woody, Rex, Slinky.....endless ideas....

#215 4 years ago

How about Sons of Anarchy! Now that could be cool

#216 4 years ago

I own a TZ and TAF
    Both awesome games!!

I'm excited to see what he has in store for his return to real pinball game design.

#217 4 years ago

Please, no. No more TV show themes, no more old ass rock band themes, no more movie themes, no more of the same ole shite.

Please create something new, fresh and wildly different. Use some of today's technologies like fiber optic lighting (one light, many fiber strands).

#218 4 years ago

It's supposed to be an original theme.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

I just hope Pat has free reign on whatever he comes up with! He's always been my favorite designer.

This.

I've been looking forward to PL's game since announced.... but even MORE SO after a somewhat disappointing look at TH.

PL + JJP innovation + no Nazi-licensing-overseer = Win!

#220 4 years ago

Something sci-fi themed would be amazing. There just isn't enough sci-fi stuff out there.

#221 4 years ago

What are the chances of this being a cool and dark theme? If you go by his past games which I enjoy but feel dated, its most likely going to fall in the happy, love you brother lets get a soda pop kinda thing. I hope not. JJP game #3 Pat Lawlor brings you Blade runner.

#222 4 years ago

I wonder if Keith will be doing the rules for Pat's game?

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder if Keith will be doing the rules for Pat's game?

I believe Ted Estes is working with Pat on this one.

#224 4 years ago

Keith does awesome work, but I personally hope he doesn't do every JJP game. Just like I wouldn't personally want Lyman coding every Stern game. Diversity is a good thing. Has to be done well of course, those two set the bar high, but new people can bring new styles and and ideas to the table.

#225 4 years ago

Maybe "Scam" would be a good non licensed theme

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from the_one:

Maybe "Scam" would be a good non licensed theme

Sorry, I think Skit-b already is working on that one....

/partial-sarcasm (I hope)

#227 4 years ago

a haunted house theme

#228 4 years ago

image.jpg
    #229 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Keith does awesome work, but I personally hope he doesn't do every JJP game. Just like I wouldn't personally want Lyman coding every Stern game. Diversity is a good thing. Has to be done well of course, those two set the bar high, but new people can bring new styles and and ideas to the table.

Keith Johnson is (ostensibly) the "software manager" for JJP, and deservedly so imo. After all, he has developed JJP's new OS and written most of the WOZ code almost single-handedly. Although Ted Estes is another huge JJP asset at this time in that department, he's relatively a new comer to JJP, as much as I admire and respect his talent, creativity, and technical skills. Keith, in his role as the software manager, will at least have some say-so in every JJP game, and that's a very good thing I think. Keith is by no means a one-trick pony and he doesn't work in a vacuum. I'm sure he collaborates very closely with the game designer(s), engineers, artists and other coders, and the jobs and tasks overlap often.

As an aside, Pat Lawlor, John Youssi, and Chris Granner were together on Sterns RCT and Ted Estes was with this same group on the one and only TZ too, FWIW.

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

Although Ted Estes is another huge JJP asset at this time in that department, he's relatively a new comer

To JJP, yes. But certainly not to pinball or pinball code. To call Ted a relative new comer in any sense of the term is a great dis-service to Ted.

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

To JJP, yes. But certainly not to pinball or pinball code. To call Ted a relative new comer in any sense of the term is a great dis-service to Ted.

Please don't twist my words. Anyone who knows of Ted Estes knows he's not a new comer to pinball, without me having to say so, and I mentioned Ted's work on 1993 TZ clearly in my above post. He is a pinball icon.

Also, did you know that Ted is a "Tau Beta Pi" engineer?

#232 4 years ago

Teds done more than just one game for pat... I'm looking forward to what he's been working on already with pat.

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Good point. I just find Keith's rulesets so addicting as he can tell a themes story through the modes he creates and puts unique shot requirements into each one.

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

Please don't twist my words. Anyone who knows of Ted Estes knows he's not a new comer to pinball, without me having to say so, and I mentioned Ted's work on 1993 TZ clearly in my above post. He is a pinball icon.
    Also, did you know that Ted is a "Tau Beta Pi" engineer?

Your implication that Ted can't do the software without Keith as "software manager" since Ted is a newcomer to JJP is what prompted my comment.

#236 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Your implication that Ted can't do the software without Keith as "software manager" since Ted is a newcomer to JJP is what prompted my comment.

I'm not sure if you're serious or just trolling but I never said "Ted can't do the software without Keith as software manager". Again, these are your words, not mine.

Keith and Ted are both accomplished and distinguished engineers and I sure am glad they have an opportunity to collaborate (hopefully) on many JJP games into the future.

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

I'm not sure if you're serious or just trolling but I never said "Ted can't do the software without Keith as software manager". Again, these are your words, not mine.
    Keith and Ted are both accomplished and distinguished engineers and I sure am glad they have an opportunity to collaborate (hopefully) on many JJP games into the future.

Speaking of distinguished and accomplished JJP engineers, Eric Munier, a young electrical engineer of great competence and greater potential, has also been on JJP staff for almost a year now and has been the brains behind the resolution of the earlier board-related WOZ problems.

If you look at other exceptional JJP staff such as Alex and LLoyd, and countless others not mentioned here, you can see easily see that Jack has been doing many things right all along.

#238 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

Speaking of distinguished and accomplished JJP engineers, Eric Munier, a young electrical engineer of great competence and greater potential, has also been on JJP staff for almost a year now and has been the brains behind the resolution of the earlier board-related WOZ problems.
    If you look at other exceptional JJP staff such as Alex and LLoyd, and countless others not mentioned here, you can see easily see that Jack has been doing many things right all along.

Eric is great, most people don't know this but Mark from pinnovators was actually the lead partner with eric on solving the early board issues on woz. Mark put countless hours testing and coming up with a solution with Eric.
    Together they solved the problems.

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Eric is great, most people don't know this but Mark from pinnovators was actually the lead partner with eric on solving the early board issues on woz. Mark put countless hours testing and coming up with a solution with Eric.
    Together they solved the problems.

Thanks for elucidating this, I'm one of those people who didn't know. This speaks volumes of good things for future JJP pins.

#240 4 years ago

I would like to believe if JJP hired Pat to do the next game concept, it will be Pat's concept and design, including what he would want in the programming.

It kinda interesting the similarities of flow among Pat's and Keith's games.

#241 4 years ago
    Quoted from BestShot31:

I would like to believe if JJP hired Pat to do the next game concept, it will be Pat's concept and design, including what he would want in the programming.
    It kinda interesting the similarities of flow among Pat's and Keith's games.

As you know, Pat worked with Ted on a few of his games in the past. I think that they (Pat, Ted, Keith) are all together on this is a very exciting prospect and it may not be entirely coincidental

#242 4 years ago

Okay, here is my idea for an unlicensed "original" game (at least I think so....have not been in hobby long or deep enough to really know if this is original).

I'm thinking something like the game "Clue" but obviously not licensed as such. Shows like CSI are huge hits and people love murder mysteries. This pin puts you, the player, as the investigator.

Each of the following collections results in a corresponding multiball.

1. Need to collect the persons of interest (like collecting characters on LOTR)
    2. Need to collect the location
    3. Need to collect the weapon

Each game the person, location, and weapon are randomized for each murder.

Solve a certain number of murders and you get to wizard mode (maybe this is tiered with the final wizard mode after you solve all murders).

This could be at least an interesting starting point. Any other ideas or thoughts to add?

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Okay, here is my idea for an unlicensed "original" game (at least I think so....have not been in hobby long or deep enough to really know if this is original).
    I'm thinking something like the game "Clue" but obviously not licensed as such. Shows like CSI are huge hits and people love murder mysteries. This pin puts you, the player, as the investigator.
    Each of the following collections results in a corresponding multiball.
    1. Need to collect the persons of interest (like collecting characters on LOTR)
    2. Need to collect the location
    3. Need to collect the weapon
    Each game the person, location, and weapon are randomized for each murder.
    Solve a certain number of murders and you get to wizard mode (maybe this is tiered with the final wizard mode after you solve all murders).
    This could be at least an interesting starting point. Any other ideas or thoughts to add?

Look up the game who dunnit?

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

I'm not sure if you're serious or just trolling but I never said "Ted can't do the software without Keith as software manager".

I was serious. Do you understand what the word "implication" means? I didn't say you said that, but sure seemed to imply that to me.

Quoted from pins4fun:

I agree. I read your original comment as a "back handed compliment" of Ted and thought that wasn't right. If that wasn't your intention, we are in violent agreement as the saying goes.

#245 4 years ago

Yeah. I'm an idiot. Not sure why I didn't think of that!

#246 4 years ago

If one more person suggests a theme that is licensed, i'm gonna... i don't know what i'm gonna do.

#247 4 years ago

Apocalypse!!!!

Every natural diaster known all wrapped up in a single game >> tornadoes, tsunamis, earthqaukes, fire, avalanche, volcano, and the like.

Mode based an intense.

great art and common appeal.

#249 4 years ago

Dune

#250 4 years ago
    Quoted from pins4fun:

Keith Johnson is (ostensibly) the "software manager" for JJP, and deservedly so imo. After all, he has developed JJP's new OS and written most of the WOZ code almost single-handedly. Although Ted Estes is another huge JJP asset at this time in that department, he's relatively a new comer to JJP, as much as I admire and respect his talent, creativity, and technical skills. Keith, in his role as the software manager, will at least have some say-so in every JJP game, and that's a very good thing I think. Keith is by no means a one-trick pony and he doesn't work in a vacuum. I'm sure he collaborates very closely with the game designer(s), engineers, artists and other coders, and the jobs and tasks overlap often.
    As an aside, Pat Lawlor, John Youssi, and Chris Granner were together on Sterns RCT and Ted Estes was with this same group on the one and only TZ too, FWIW.

There are some MINOR inaccuracies to this post but i won't call them out because it's not too bad

Keith and Ted are just your textbook developers. If you want to emulate the right way to do things, follow their lead. The code is clean, concise, and modular.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 30.00
    $ 9.95
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.50
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside