Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 339 posts
  • 181 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JordanB
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hooters girl.jpg
    First-time-at-Hooters-801.jpg
    Hooters-Girls.jpeg
    hooters-protest1.jpg
    hospice hooters.jpg
    post-11756-I-understood-that-reference-gi-GkxF.gif
    image-967.jpg
    MartianHeadExplodes.gif
    image.jpg
    2874408445.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    hitchhiking.jpg
    Dragonball-Z-dragon-ball-z-25544707-1600-1057.jpg
    1313626184276.jpg
    fM10xl2GqeCfrSJhqhbYGaAeRUP.jpg
    image-826.jpg
    There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This will be an EPIC announcement and release when it is completed.

I've had my fill of EPIC announcements lately. Lackluster or non-pertaining are more precise. :p

Just wanna hear that all WOZECLE buyers got thier pins.

#152 10 years ago

Preorderator 3, you coin it up and nothing happens for 3 years.

#153 10 years ago

I've had my fill of the word Epic! Cant wait to see what Lalor comes up with!

#154 10 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Humor missing? Not really. Serious R rated titles focusing on adults? SORELY lacking. Pinball is great for family fun but also gotta remember its history. I really dig the outlaw and raunchy aspect of pinball. Predator is touching base on this but a real boobs, violence, gore, humor, horror theme would sell well in this demographic.

Haunted Cruise is generally not meant to be a funny-haha romp... I'm using the Fatal Frame series as one of the sources for inspiration

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Preorderator 3, you coin it up and nothing happens for 3 years.

3 years for an amazing wide body game with tons of toys and a complete deep ruleset? Doesn't sound too bad to me! Seriously though WOZ took so long to get out as so much had to be done before shipping the game and its not as if JJP just decided to match Stern with a standard body DMD game.

#156 10 years ago

I don't even know if I'll be alive in 3 years. All I know is last week, over 4 days:

I wanted a Stern
    I paid for a Stern
    I had a Stern in my Game room

couldn't be happier

#157 10 years ago

Starbuck77 = Like

#158 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

3 years for an amazing wide body game with tons of toys and a complete deep ruleset? Doesn't sound too bad to me!

Sounds awful to me, but I'm glad people are enjoying it if they've gotten theirs. I just hope JJP is still in business to ship Lawlor's game, bonus if it just gets built and shipped without a bunch of drama.

#159 10 years ago

Here is a surprise, It is going to be a Pitch and Bat!

LOL. LOL.

#160 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Sounds awful to me, but I'm glad people are enjoying it if they've gotten theirs. I just hope JJP is still in business to ship Lawlor's game, bonus if it just gets built and shipped without a bunch of drama.

Well it took 3 years as JJP had to create the game, design new hardware / the platform (a huge undertaking from what I read), integrating an LCD display, getting vendors in place, having the factory ready to go and a hundred other things we can't even think about. Games 2, 3 etc will take far less time with so much else now in place.

I'm glad JJP took 3 years to make WOZ the way they did as its incredible. JJP brought the fully loaded wide body game back during times when games were getting more simple and included less and less toys. For all we know JJP could of released a standard body DMD game with one or two toys 2 years ago...but myself and many others rather have the WOZ we have today with its wide body format, LCD, lots of toys, features and a complete deep ruleset.

#161 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Here is a surprise, It is going to be a Pitch and Bat!

LOL. LOL.

Hehe. Wat?

#162 10 years ago

SpongeBob Squarepants would seriously be awesome. So much to do... Flying Dutchman hologram, Patrick, Mr Krabbs, Plankton, Mrs. Puff, Squidward just to name a few. Oh the possibilities.

#163 10 years ago
    Quoted from Starbuck77:

I don't even know if I'll be alive in 3 years

Lol pinball annuities

#164 10 years ago

AARP

Spell Medicare to start Medicare Multiball
    Complete Social Security lanes S S N - X bonus multiplier
    Pharmaceutical ramps combos keep all modes stacked
    Bash the inflation Monster to protect your nest egg
    Shoot the spinner for senior discounts at your favorite eatery
    Enter the secret Living trust wizard mode

#165 10 years ago

Can we stop with this "but it's a widebody" thing already? Big deal. "Oh man, I've got a few extra inches of width to fill, better allocate a couple more years".

I don't even particularly like wide bodies as a general rule, it's just not impressive to me.

Yes, yes, it's starting a new company, building a new platform, making animations for the LCD, I get all that. But please skip the widebody part when extolling how difficult and crazy it was. Last time I checked none of the widebody games being built for decades before this took 3 years.

Seriously, to suggest WOZ would have been out 2 years earlier if it wasn't a widebody is pretty ridiculous.

#166 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Can we stop with this "but it's a widebody" thing already? Big deal. "Oh man, I've got a few extra inches of width to fill, better allocate a couple more years".
    I don't even particularly like wide bodies as a general rule, it's just not impressive to me.
    Yes, yes, it's starting a new company, building a new platform, making animations for the LCD, I get all that. But please skip the widebody part when extolling how difficult and crazy it was. Last time I checked none of the widebody games being built for decades before this took 3 years.
    Seriously, to suggest WOZ would have been out 2 years earlier if it wasn't a widebody is pretty ridiculous.

I see you left out the part about all of the toys and features packed into that widebody cabinet. I didn't just say they brought back the widebody pinball game but rather they brought back the fully loaded widebody game. All of the toys, shots, and features in WOZ could not be put into a standard body game. Until JJP no one made a wide body game for what 20 years? Just like TZ and Indiana Jones WOZ takes advantage of the wide body format. I understand that it didn't take Williams / Bally 3 years to release TZ and Indiana Jones but that company had already been making pins for a number of years.

I do think that JJP could of released a game two years ago if it was a standard body DMD game with half the toys, no LCD, no outlane mini games, have only 2 / 5 magnets it has, no mini playfields, stereo sound etc. Then we would be left with a game that looks rather similar to many other games out there...It's time for something new.

I'm glad JJP took the risks they did with WOZ, put a lot of nice touches on the LE and loaded the game up with tons of toys. I've owned a TZ for nearly 4 years now and never thought a game like that (wide body + lots of toys / features) would be made again. I'm glad JJP proved me wrong

#167 10 years ago

I've tried to stay out of JJP discussions, because as an admitted Stern fanboy, my thoughts would probably come off as just someone trying to piss on someone else's Cheerios.

But I just can't get excited to see a theme announced for a pin that, in all likelihood won't see the light of day for a long time (and will be priced out of the range I'm willing to pay).

That being said, I wish them the best. Competition tends to improve things the most for the buying public.

As far as the whole wide body debate, the only thing that annoys me is when it's discussed by folks in a way that makes it seem like wide bodies are 'real' pins and hint at some sort of inferred superiority. The last time I checked, wide bodies are the exception not the norm. I'd rather have something slim enough that I can get my arms around. Wait. What were we talking about?

#168 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I see you left out the part about all of the toys and features packed into that widebody cabinet. I didn't just say they brought back the widebody pinball game but rather they brought back the fully loaded widebody game. All of the toys, shots, and features in WOZ could not be put into a standard body game.

I just don't care. "Toys" wow. It's some models and some mechanisms. None of it is as complicated as say, the MM castle. This just doesn't take another 2 years. My point is stick with the stuff that's legit, like a new hardware platform, and leave out the parts that aren't, because they make JJP sound incompetent if it takes them 2 extra years to stick the witch in a case and spin a house.

#169 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I just don't care. "Toys" wow. It's some models and some mechanisms. None of it is as complicated as say, the MM castle. This just doesn't take another 2 years. My point is stick with the stuff that's legit, like a new hardware platform, and leave out the parts that aren't, because they make JJP sound incompetent if it takes them 2 extra years to stick the witch in a case and spin a house.

Yeah who cares about toys and features? I mean that's crazy and that should not even be considered when dropping almost $8k on a game. I would of been fine if it just had a left ramp and a right ramp and the game was still $7.5k...Not me, lol.

You forgot the part about the witch moving up and down the game that also has two magents in front of it and a target in front. You missed the part about the house being attached to a mini playfield that has 7 targets, is integrated into the main ramp, and the nice touch of the legs popping out of the house that already spins. That's legit stuff.

Do you really think people would pay $7.5k+ for a NIB WOZ if it didn't have the mini playfields, magnets, outlane mini games, rollovers, LCD, etc? They wouldn't.

#170 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do you really think people would pay $7.5k+ for a NIB WOZ if it didn't have the mini playfields, magnets, outlane mini games, rollovers, etc? They wouldn't.

One thing being in this hobby has taught me is to never underestimate how much money someone will spend on a pin. Plenty of people have paid $7,500 for Star Trek LE not to mention older games like AFM and MB. Then there's the Tron LEs, BIBLEs, etc. of the world.

Most people don"t pull out their wallet just for toys and whatnot. They pull out their wallet for a game that pulls everything together into a great experience with a well integrated theme.

#171 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah who cares about toys and features?

Plenty of people care. They don't take two years to make. Magnets and targets and spinning and rising motors, these are standard things. How you use them matters, but nothing was invented here.

#172 10 years ago

It would be cool if Pat would put together a Hitchhiking (non-licensed) pinball game. All throughout the game there would be throw-back innuendos from past games to get around copyrights . The theme would be adventurous/humorous (not as cluttered as junkyard) w/ tasks that show up non-linear for a hitchhiker who travels a road to get back somewhere and meets past individuals that have similar attributes from past pinball characters.
    Just a thought...
    hitchhiking.jpghitchhiking.jpg

#173 10 years ago
    Quoted from Starbuck77:

I don't even know if I'll be alive in 3 years. All I know is last week, over 4 days:
    I wanted a Stern
    I paid for a Stern
    I had a Stern in my Game room
    couldn't be happier

Sucker! All you got was a plain old pinball- You missed out on "a journey!"

As an old-time Lawlor fan- I'm anxious to see what they Build.

One thing I hope they DONT do it drag out the "reveal" over 18 months. I don't want to see engineering drawings of quadrants of the playfield dribbled out over a years time.... The final product loses some of its impact.

I'd love to see the whole thing... DONE and revealed.... when the shipping date a few months out. I'm hoping that's feasible by JJP #3. It's one of the things I love about the old Apple product announcements. They wow you with something cool.... And tell you it'll be available in a few weeks! That creates a rush! Love them or hate them- they knew how to unveil a product!

#174 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

. For all we know JJP could of released a standard body DMD game with one or two toys 2 years ago...

Uh, no. If you remember, the software still isn't done (although close now). I don't think having a standard body would help that at all.

#175 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

It's not a wide body.

Maybe you should check when the last time a real pinball company had to start from zero and then see what they did.

I thnk when Buick started building cars they built 37 the first year. Guess what, the beginning is harder. I'm thrilled we did this and we are getting rolling to kick some ass very soon.

Nex game is already easier.....

#176 10 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

It's not a wide body.
    Maybe you should check when the last time a real pinball company had to start from zero and then see what they did.
    I thnk when Buick started building cars they built 37 the first year. Guess what, the beginning is harder. I'm thrilled we did this and we are getting rolling to kick some ass very soon.
    Nex game is already easier.....

Jack I wish you nothing but the best, I'm not rooting for you to fail. I think people need to be realistic, your launch has not been smooth, and the onus is on you to prove that you're going to be better, and I hope you do it. But actions speak louder than words right now, you've made a ton of promises you haven't been able to keep, to my friends, so just ship those games and prove the doubters wrong.

Game #3 not being a widebody is exciting to me, I'm not a big fan of the format personally.

#177 10 years ago

Answered already..

#178 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Actually Jack he is agreeing with you. His point was the things that were hurdles were start up based and technology. His point was for folks to not diminish that by saying its because it was a wide body.

Right, thanks. Diminish is exactly the word, when you throw in something superficial like that (long history of widebody games) with the real hurdles (building an entire new platform from scratch, supporting high rez animations, etc) it makes your list look inflated. Stick with the real challenges, no need to pad it.

lol and then you edited. Anyways, I'm not out to get anyone, I'm not a partisan or a fanboy, I just think the conversation would be better without all the hyperbole and defensiveness.

#179 10 years ago

What, somebody inflate something, here?

#180 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

lol and then you edited. Anyways, I'm not out to get anyone, I'm not a partisan or a fanboy, I just think the conversation would be better without all the hyperbole and defensiveness.

Maybe you should think about taking a step back away from the computer for awhile, I realize you want to keep your continuous posting streak up and negative JJP posts always garners some good "thumbs up" points but maybe you ought to evaluate your role and contribution to the "conversation".

Everybody here knows about broken promises, maybe it bears repeating over and over again by the same people?

#181 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe you should think about taking a step back away from the computer for awhile.

Or, maybe you should worry about your own posts and let me worry about mine.

#182 10 years ago

I'm not sure Jack comparing his startup with the troubles of a car company in 1904 is the best comparison to make.

#183 10 years ago
    Quoted from Propaganda:

Spell Medicare to start Medicare Multiball
    Complete Social Security lanes S S N - X bonus multiplier
    Pharmaceutical ramps combos keep all modes stacked
    Bash the inflation Monster to protect your nest egg
    Shoot the spinner for senior discounts at your favorite eatery
    Enter the secret Living trust wizard mode

Can we have some call outs for free huv around chairs and ez lift, denture creams, and depends bonus held. the "i've fallen and can't get up lady and the where's the beef lady on the backglass. My pills i can't find my pills. Oh seven drop targets one for each day of the week. Of course looking like a pill organizer.

1 week later
    #184 10 years ago

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

LOL

#185 10 years ago

I always thought that Dante's Inferno would make a fantastic theme for a pinball game.

Youu have 9 rings of hell to pass through before you get to deal with Satan. The source material is great and you can get as deep with it (the rules I mean...) as you'd like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dante)

Have fun in pinball hell!

#186 10 years ago

re hash austin powers baby

2874408445.jpg2874408445.jpg
    2 months later
    #187 9 years ago

FINALLY!! a non licensed theme pinball!! And Pat Lawlor/
    I've never stepped up and bought a NIB pin but that might change!!

#188 9 years ago

My two new-to-my-collection pins this spring are FH and TZ. They've given me a lot more appreciation for Pat Lawlor and have gotten me started wondering if and worrying that I might want that third JJP pin.

I don't know about you, but I am always relieved when a new pin comes out that I am sure I won't want to buy.

3 months later
    #189 9 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

It would be cool if Pat would put together a Hitchhiking (non-licensed) pinball game. All throughout the game there would be throw-back innuendos from past games to get around copyrights . The theme would be adventurous/humorous (not as cluttered as junkyard) w/ tasks that show up non-linear for a hitchhiker who travels a road to get back somewhere and meets past individuals that have similar attributes from past pinball characters.
    Just a thought...

hitchhiking.jpg 28 KB

I will admit, it would fit in well alongside TZ since that game has a hitchhiker shot in it.

#190 9 years ago

I'll guess that the theme has something to do with aliens.

#191 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Plenty of people care. They don't take two years to make. Magnets and targets and spinning and rising motors, these are standard things. How you use them matters, but nothing was invented here.

Yes but the LCD is not standard!

#192 9 years ago

For the theme, anything he does will be great. Like the games or not, the themes, licensed or not have always been perfectly implemented and interesting with all of Lawlor's projects.

I'm sure he has been planning his next machine for years prior to joining with JJP. We likely have the best pinball mind's archive being dusted off, and allowed to do again whatever he wants now that his restrictive stern years are gone, and this is where Lawlor has always shined.

I have a feeling Jack will be allowing Lawlor to let loose TZ style in whatever way he wants, regardless if Lawlor previously believed that should never happened again.

I will own TH, and I will own whatever ever comes out of Lawlor's head for this project. I trust him, and know he was make it f'ing explode with pinball yumminess.

Quoted from CNKay:

I vote for Demolition Derby.

And try to top the famous home version in the late 70s??? You want to set him up for failure?

Quoted from StevenP:

No, it wasn't. Jokes are funny by definition.

Explain Larry the Cable guy to me as a comedian then.

#193 9 years ago

FAMILY FUNHOUSE FRENZY!

-Introducing Rudy's wife, Trudy! Both heads would be on playfield, ala Roadshow. Hysterical quotes galore, including the couple arguing with each other, like, well....and old couple!

-They brought the rest of the family!: Their kids Tootie, Hootie, Grooty and Judy. Also, Uncle Cootie and Aunt Pootie tag along, with their kids Cutie, Moody, Broody and their pet dog Fruity who makes lots of Doodie...

All kinds of family Funhouse hijinks are sure to be had!

The FH itself has grown exponentially wackier, with tons more attractions and playfield features, including:

-Rolling Barrel Bonanaza
    -Crazy Conveyor Belts
    -Funky Floors that move side to side
    -Psycho Slides.
    -Returning features like the Wind Tunnel and House of Mirrors return with more frenetic action!

Come on, Pat. Make it happen!

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Family Funhouse Frenzy!
    -Introducing Rudy's wife, Trudy! Both heads would be on playfield, ala roadshow. Hysterical quotes galore, including the couple arguing with each other, like, well....and old couple!
    -They brought the rest of the family!: Their kids Tootie, Hootie, Grooty and Judy. Also, Uncle Cootie and Aunt Pootie tag along, with their kids Cutie, Moody, Broody and their pet dog Fruity who makes lots of Doodie...
    All kinds of family Funhouse hijinks are sure to be had! The FH itself has grown exponentially in a wacky widebody, with tons more attractions and features, including the Rolling Barrel Bonanaza, Crazy Conveyor Belts, Funky Floors that move side to side and the Psycho Slides. Returning features like the Wind Tunnel and House of Mirrors return with more frenetic action!
    Come on, Pat. Make it happen!

I would love to see funhouse as a DMD game.

#195 9 years ago

As much as I like Funhouse I don't think a remake will work. That's what Hollywood and so many others are doing a lot today - remaking things from the 80's and 90's. It comes off as unoriginal, uninspired, and worse than the original. Another talking head would be cool but it would have to be a whole new theme. Licensed theme pins never did it for me since I am not big into movies or arena rock bands. I would like to get a NIB pin someday so maybe this.

#196 9 years ago

What is the production schedule for this?

#197 9 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

What is the production schedule for this?

Way ahead of where hobbit was. Wouldn't be shocked if its before Christmas 2015

#198 9 years ago

Its gonna be the Jersey Boardwalk.

#199 9 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

As much as I like Funhouse I don't think a remake will work. That's what Hollywood and so many others are doing a lot today - remaking things from the 80's and 90's. It comes off as unoriginal, uninspired, and worse than the original. Another talking head would be cool but it would have to be a whole new theme. Licensed theme pins never did it for me since I am not big into movies or arena rock bands. I would like to get a NIB pin someday so maybe this.

I was proposing a whole brand new game, not a remake. A sequel with more flair and flash than FH1. That's why I mentioned bringing Rudy's family and new attractions.

#200 9 years ago
    Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

I always thought that Dante's Inferno would make a fantastic theme for a pinball game.
    Youu have 9 rings of hell to pass through before you get to deal with Satan. The source material is great and you can get as deep with it (the rules I mean...) as you'd like.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dante)
    Have fun in pinball hell!

This! This would be epic! You have 9 modes/levels right out of the gate. Battle Satan is the Wiz mode for sure. Mini modes against the different beasts of the 9 levels, awesome & deep material here. Not to mention it would make one ponder a few questions about the after life, or just scare the shit out of you! Lol

There are 339 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theme-for-pat-lawlors-new-game-for-jjp/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.