You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ToM_2_007.jpg
IMG_1083.JPG
IMG_1089.JPG

#1 9 years ago

Could not stand the ugly spirit ring magnet on my recently acquired TOM machine. Added a $7 gold bracelet from Target. Looks good to me...

IMG_1089.JPG IMG_1083.JPG

#2 9 years ago

That looks great and fits the theme. Nice job. How did you fasten them on?

#3 9 years ago

LOL! Hilarious! Yes, more info. I brassed all my stuff, and then didn’t put the decal on it, as it looked so nice, but this is cool.

Any chance you can buy some and ship them to some of us

The smaller plastic rings must be plastic, if they were metal I’m guessing they would be doing crazy things when the magnet activated.

1 week later
#4 9 years ago

It was the last one at Target, otherwise I would have bought more and sold them on ebay as TOM "mods" for $50 each. : ) But seriously, here is a very cool looking one from Clairs.com for 6 bucks. It looks like diamond jewels. Just put some double sided tape around the Spirit Ring, then put a stretchy gold or silver plastic bracelet over it.

http://www.claires.com/store/goods/Teens/cat310136/Bracelets/p93071/Gem-Silver-Back-Stretch-Bracelet/

#5 9 years ago

Here is what I did with mine, I made this from a broken entrance plastic.

ToM_2_007.jpg

#6 9 years ago

Tracelifter - was that your TOM at CAX? My gf and I were wondering about your spirit ring mod - it looked very cool. Actually, the whole machine was a work of art! How did you mod the trunk light "when lit"?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from chriskd:

Tracelifter - was that your TOM at CAX? My gf and I were wondering about your spirit ring mod - it looked very cool. Actually, the whole machine was a work of art! How did you mod the trunk light "when lit"?

Yes, That was my game and I just finished the rebuild before the show.
For the trunk mod I used an insert from a parted BPM and a Cointaker warm white flexi.
Sure does pop compared to the stock set up.

#8 9 years ago

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside