Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Turboghia
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I've owned this Theatre of Magic for a few weeks and have had a ton of issues (fuses were blowing, a wiring nightmare, white targets hanging and wired to the red targets, etc). The wiring had been hacked all over the place (all of it had wires twisted together and covered using electrical tape). I've cleaned up most of the wiring and have fixed most of the issues. The main issue now is the game will sporadically "Slam Tilt" during gameplay. The Slam Tilt wires aren't even hooked up. This doesn't happen every game. I'm thinking its a switch or diode not wired correctly.
If someone could post photos of the underside of their TOM playfield (in sections so I can see close enough to verify if my switches are all wired correctly), it would be a huge help.

2 weeks later
#2 8 years ago

All of the wire colors are listed in the switch matrix, should be all you need to verify the correct wires are on the switch, as well as the proper orientation of the diodes.

#3 8 years ago

There are other threads mentioning the same thing. I think the idea is that there is a 12V line that can drop low, and when this happens and someone is having a good run with lots of action and lots of stuff lit up, the slam tilt can be triggered by low line voltage. See if you have the right voltages coming out of the power board.

#4 8 years ago

This happened to me once and was a backwards diode on a switch in the same line

#5 8 years ago

Had the same issue.
It was of cause not the slam tilt switch. It was is switch at a ramp entrance. A ball drop down on it and shorten the diode.

But the slam tilt happen when the hocus pokus target was hat. Not easy to find.

This was on my machine. Check diode direction. Go to switch test menu and test multible switches at the same time. (Example Center ramp and other target)

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

Thanks everyone. It was a switch (diode was on backwards). The wiring hack was a bigger issue than just looking at the switch matrix...there were jumper wires going all over the place. A fellow member was nice enough to let me go over his house and take a lot of photos. Game is back together correctly now and works. Lots of new parts!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-slam-tilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.