• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DC531A55-E29B-42F6-BF75-67E4DAA20F87 (resized).jpeg
2C4A416F-E80B-48F7-96A9-CEB610E958E5 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hey all, Slight issue with the wire ramp that begins at the top lanes. When I hit the ball around the left outer loop to that ramp, it begins its journey up with plenty of speed to complete the ramp, however it comes to a screeching halt around where the ramp cover ends and rolls back down to top lanes. I thought it might be getting wedged between the ramp cover and ramp, but there is plenty of clearance for the ball to travel. It doesn't appear to be leaving the ramp into the cover to slow it down; it appears to be more of a friction of ball and ramp issue at that corner. Frustrating since this is the result about 80% of the time. Thanks in advance for any help!

2C4A416F-E80B-48F7-96A9-CEB610E958E5 (resized).jpeg2C4A416F-E80B-48F7-96A9-CEB610E958E5 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

With the glass off roll the ball up the ramp and see if it’s hitting that plastic piece.
When I had mine I sanded back that plastic because it was blocking the ramp.

DC531A55-E29B-42F6-BF75-67E4DAA20F87 (resized).jpegDC531A55-E29B-42F6-BF75-67E4DAA20F87 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

I had to tweak that plastic that prevents air balls that the above posted pointed the arrow at. When I first installed it I screwed it down too tight and it was hitting the ball. Just unscrew it a bit and manually make sure the ball is clearly it.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

With the glass off roll the ball up the ramp and see if it’s hitting that plastic piece.
When I had mine I sanded back that plastic because it was blocking the ramp.
[quoted image]

Yeah, it clears when I hand roll it, but in game play, it's probably lifting off the ramp slightly into the cover. I might try some washers under the cover screws to give it some more head room.
Thanks!

#5 3 years ago

I had the same problem and ended up taking off one of the nuts that held it down in the front IIRC.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I had the same problem and ended up taking off one of the nuts that held it down in the front IIRC.

Ended up stacking washers on the front end and leaving just one washer and nut on the back screw to create more tilt in the plastic cover for ball clearance. That seemed to do it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 11.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-ramp-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.