I have two questions about the Vanish lock on a ToM
1) This question is for when I have a ball locked in the Vanish lock.
- Frequently, if I shoot the left orbit, when the ball passes through one of the Bonus X switches, the game will eject the ball in the Vanish lock and start Tiger Saw Multiball.
- This also happens on occasion after a left orbit shot when the ball gets below the pop bumpers and starts to exit that top right zone.
Is this correct? Based on what I've seen of the ruleset, Tiger Saw Multiball is only supposed to start on a right orbit shot.
2) This question is for when the purple Vanish lock light is lit, but there is no ball in the Vanish lock.
- If I shoot a right orbit shot, the ball will lock, and the game will do its Vanish animation and award 40MM points.
Is this correct? Based on the ruleset, I thought you were only supposed to get a ball locked in the Vanish lock on a left orbit shot.
I've Googled this question and read the message boards, and there seems to be a divergence of opinion on the topic with some saying this is normal operation and others saying this is incorrect. We're using software version 1.3.
Any help would be appreciated.
Edit: Just spoke with a professional pinball player who says this is not normal operation. If you agree, I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix the problem.