(Topic ID: 129581)

Theatre of Magic Multi-Ball problems

By Bskinner46

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have started to have problems with the Magic Multi-Ball when the Lock lights comes on the ball will not lock and is directly released out of the Trap Door onto the play field. It does say first ball lock, but it does not stay lock. When the lock light comes on it stays on until the game ends with out locking any balls. I checked the Plate Assembly and its switches and they all work. Could it be something with the Trunk that is not working right that causes the balls not to lock. Because the balls never lock and the Trunk fails to spin to the Hypnotic side and to start a Multi-Ball. Is there something else that I have overlooked I would sure appreciate any help.

#2 8 years ago

The other day mine was doing the same...one of the switches in the subway had a wire that was no longer attached...i had to solder it back on and it started working again...not sure if that is something you want to look at...there is also an arm inside the subway that holds the balls in place and releases them 1 by 1...that can break and need replaced...if the balls are moving past it, the trap door will open and shoot a ball onto the PF...not sure of the part # for that arm, but there was another post about here recently...same issue you were having

Daniel

#4 8 years ago

There is an opto in the trunk itself that senses when a ball falls into it. Does that switch work? That's what does the "falling down the stairs" animation outside of true lock mode.

There are also switches in the trough/subway. Doe those work? Use a pinball and not your finger to test switches.

Marc

1 year later
#5 6 years ago

I know this is an old post but I was having the same problem, found this thread via a search and thought I would let folks what fixed it for me. I admit I'm pretty much a newb so I apologize if this is old info for most.

For me I was changing some lights over to LED and after doing so I started experiencing the same multi-ball issue. It turned out that one of the micro-switches in the subway was hitting a wire that I must have bumped. When it was got in contact with that wire it prevented the microswitch from closing once it got opened. That caused the issue. Once I moved the wire out of the way and the switch worked again the multi-ball problem was resolved. I hope your solution is as easy as that.

Steve

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-multi-ball-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.