Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ababapanos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

My ToM will not lock the ball for multiball. It will say that the first ball is locked but then it just sends the ball out the trap door. All switches are working properly, wondering if it could be a problem with the ROM. Has anyone ever had this problem?

#2 5 years ago

Did it work before or is it new to you?

If ROM related maybe some help here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club/page/47#post-4146295

#3 5 years ago

Yes the machine was all worked fine before. The machine has been in storage for the last 10 years.

#4 5 years ago

Check the switch in the subway underneath the playfield from the trunk. Make sure it registers as a ball rolls over it.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gnatty:

Check the switch in the subway underneath the playfield from the trunk. Make sure it registers as a ball rolls over it.

This was my first thought. There are switches that may register by hand but the ball isn't triggering it. I would try to get the switches registering by ball first.

#6 5 years ago

also check the switches in the ball through. if the machine believes, there are no balls left to shoot out, it gives the ball back from the lock.

#7 5 years ago

I have checked the switches with the balls and by hand. I am going to order a new ROM. I just keep thinking if the Rom was gone there would be more problems then just the ball not locking.

#8 5 years ago

Is the next ball cued up in the trough? on mine TOM if I used chrome pinball they get magnetized and don't always roll down the trough.

#9 5 years ago

My bet is a mechanical issue with one of the switches. I seriously doubt it is the ROM, especially if everything had been working correctly. Make sure to check the switches in the subway and trough using a ball (not your fingers) and double check to see if any of the balls appear to be magnetized.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from lyonsden:

My bet is a mechanical issue with one of the switches. I seriously doubt it is the ROM, especially if everything had been working correctly. Make sure to check the switches in the subway and trough using a ball (not your fingers) and double check to see if any of the balls appear to be magnetized.

with the ball not your hand like this guy said. had this same exact issue.
    It's kind of tricky to do in the subway, because of how it works. anytime you flip the playfield the ball want to move obviously
    just readjust the switches, making them a little more sensitive.

edit...
    come to think of it I've had this happen on 2 separate occasions. the main switch at the entrance needs to be triggered then one of the three switches in the subway. the first time the first switch worked most of the time then others times it didn't, the second it was switch 2 or 3 in the subway

#11 5 years ago

Thanks for all the advice, will give all the advice you have given a go. Will let you all know how I go.
    One other thing I have noticed is that the shoot again light stays on all the time.

2 weeks later
    #12 5 years ago

Fixed it ,the post that stops the balls from travelling into the upkicker had broken off,this allowed the ball to travel straight to the upkicker and then out the trap door,the game registered ball 1 locked and then got confused with the ball still in play.
    Thanks for the crayfish mate they earnt me a world of brownie points with the wife.

#13 5 years ago

No worries for the crayfish. Now we need to figure out why the shoot again light stays on.

#14 5 years ago

When the ball drains do you get to shoot again or does it play normally?

#15 5 years ago

Just continues to play normally.

#16 5 years ago

Then it's an issue with the light or diode I would imagine.

1 month later
    #17 5 years ago

I have the same problem...did you find any solution to the problem?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-lock-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.