• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
DFEEA347-6291-43D6-B193-9C2E67B9B9F5 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hey everyone, i was working on my TOM last week and started replacing some of my bulbs with LEDs. Now while i was replacing them string 5 of the lights (right side of the playfield) doesnt work anymore...
Wich is a shame cause it started to look really nice.
I checked all the wiring and cant seem te find any lose wires ect...
Anyone got any idea what could be the issue, does the wiring pass any other part in the playfield that i might have overlooked?
im not very good at the electical part of fixing pinball machines so its a bit difficult to read the schematics so i just try to follow the wires back to the backbox.
Maybe afuse issue? Just thinking
Any help would be welcome!

Thank, Koen

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from NeokAG:

Hey everyone, i was working on my TOM last week and started replacing some of my bulbs with LEDs. Now while i was replacing them string 5 of the lights (right side of the playfield) doesnt work anymore...
Wich is a shame cause it started to look really nice.
I checked all the wiring and cant seem te find any lose wires ect...
Anyone got any idea what could be the issue, does the wiring pass any other part in the playfield that i might have overlooked?
im not very good at the electical part of fixing pinball machines so its a bit difficult to read the schematics so i just try to follow the wires back to the backbox.
Maybe afuse issue? Just thinking
Any help would be welcome!
Thank, Koen

If you use a meter on the first bulm socket in the chain, is power present? If yes, then...

If an LED shorts out it can take out the rest of the string. I'd take out all the LEDs on that string and replace with incandescents to see if they work.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you use a meter on the first bulm socket in the chain, is power present? If yes, then...
If an LED shorts out it can take out the rest of the string. I'd take out all the LEDs on that string and replace with incandescents to see if they work.

Hey, i dont get any power on the socket with the meter... but im not a 100% shure witch is the first one... all i know its string 5 in lamp test and violet / violet white wires.
Maybe i should check in the backbox if there is any voltage there on the wires?

Thanks, Koen

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is it possible to measure the voltage here on the white violet and violet wire? They go to string 5 of the lights

DFEEA347-6291-43D6-B193-9C2E67B9B9F5 (resized).jpegDFEEA347-6291-43D6-B193-9C2E67B9B9F5 (resized).jpeg
#5 4 years ago

Problem solved! Tested the fuses, one didnt give true, put in a new one and now its working again

Thanks for the quick response!

Cheers, Koen

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6 4 years ago

Now put a connector on those wires after you desolder them from the board and pin it.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from NeokAG:

Problem solved! Tested the fuses, one didnt give true, put in a new one and now its working again
Thanks for the quick response!
Cheers, Koen[quoted image]

Glad you got it going again. Once you knew you didn't have voltage, that's a pretty big clue!

I'd definitely get a new header pin panel on that board and a plug on those wires, though. Please don't be a stereotypical European with hacked pinball boards.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-light-string-5-issue?hl=neokag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.