Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gevan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Just picked up a Theatre of Magic and never knew about the gate in the back that raises/lowers for the left loop shot.

I shot a game today and I can't seem to get the ball to come back on the right return ramp (same ramp ball plunges on to).

So, the question is: is the gate in the back supposed to be up by default? down by default? What am I missing here? I want to spell theatre!

#2 9 years ago

The gate is supposed to be down normally, and raises when you shoot left loop.

During multiball and other features like straight jacket, it will stay down to feed pops and also allow you to multiply bonus.

Could be something ain't working right with that gate. There's actually two identical gates up there (one for left and right loop) so you can compare them. It's kind of a weird system - a right spring holds the gate down, but when activated a solenoid pushes the spring so gate opens.

Anyway take a look back there, and test gate, and see what's up.

#3 9 years ago

Also make sure the switches in the left orbit are registering. I think there are two switches up in there. First just test the gate in test mode though.

#4 9 years ago

I had the same problem. The gate was working fine but it is a common problem that the ball is touching the plastic on its way up the ramp. Shaving some of the plastic off can solve the problem. Also making sure the ramp is positioned correctly can help (bend into position). It can be a very tricky problem to solve. Took me for ever and still not working 100% on mine.

#5 9 years ago

I just checked and you should still spell theatre even if the ball doesn't make the ramp. If the left loop isn't spelling theatre it's probably the switch in the left loop.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for all the input, I'll check it out this weekend! Going to tear this one down anyway; but, I gotta play it first, right?

1 week later
#7 9 years ago

We had the same problem at first. Turns out there is a spring that attaches to the gate that had been knocked off of ours during shipping. Once that was put back on, the gate worked.

Agree with tjc that if you're not spelling "theatre", you have a problem with the left loop switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-gate-left-loop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.