Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pingod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have a TOM and am looking to get a LOTR. The cabinet on TOM is very good, but not perfect. The playfield is near perfect. What should I expect to get for my TOM? Is a straight across trade fair for a huo or LE? or should I expect to get money back or pay money? Thanks for the help!

#2 11 years ago

You can expect around 4400 - 5000 for your ToM assuming everything works perfectly. The trunk isn't cracked. No cracked plastics, pop bumper wafers are good, etc..

You will see ebay and vendors hovering around 6500+ but they are nuts.

From what I have seen a nice HUO LOTR are going for 5-6k so you may be net flat or have to pony up a few bucks but it won't be far off assuming you can find someone willing to trade who is reasonable.

#3 11 years ago

Probably going to depend on the buyer or "trader" in this instance. I personally have a LOTR LE and I wouldn't consider a straight trade for a TOM, but maybe someone with a pro would. Your other option is to sell your TOM outright and put the money towards a HOU LOTR. Dollar value is a lot more cut and dry then trying to trade something because comparing a TOM to LOTR is like comparing apples to oranges and one may feel like his title is worth more* simply because of preference.

#4 11 years ago

If I sell the TOM outright. What price should I be looking at for a HUO or LE? Is a LE worth a lot more? Is LOTR now on par with TOM in terms of going up in value?

#5 11 years ago

I would pay more for a newer LOTR than a TOM.

#6 11 years ago

pretty close to a straight trade at this point - last year I would say you could get more for a ToM then LOTR but they seem to be on the rise a bit.

#7 11 years ago

Tom around $4-4,500, LOTR LE if HUO around the same I would guess. I straight trade would be in the ballpark.

I have both, but LOTR is definitely the better machine.

#8 11 years ago

Similar in price but LOTR is def more readily available than a nice TOM just due to age.

Nice TOMs are not all that common. Nice LOTRs are around.

I personally would like to own both

#9 11 years ago

If both games were the same price I would def go for LOTR. IMO its the better game and has longevity. GL with the trade. TOM is great but just does not have that staying value for me. I will be picking up one in the next few months if I found a good price. Such a great looking game and kids love magic.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Tom around $4-4,500, LOTR LE if HUO around the same I would guess. I straight trade would be in the ballpark.

I think a HUO LOTR LE is worth MUCH more than that, a standard LOTR maybe but not an LE. I would value my HUO LOTR as about a fair trade for a TOM, some might even argue the LOTR is worth more in great shape.

#11 11 years ago

So would you say that a regular HUO LOTR (supposedly less than 1000 plays, I would still need to see pictures) for my TOM would be a good trade for me?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from MileHighPinball:

So would you say that a regular HUO LOTR (supposedly less than 1000 plays, I would still need to see pictures) for my TOM would be a good trade for me?

I think you would be ahead on the deal.
I own both LOTR LE and TOM.
I think the LE is worth a lot more.

#13 11 years ago

An HUO LOTR LE in sold last week on rgp for its $4500 asking price in less than an hour. Another guy was asking $5500 for his LOTR LE in April but was apparently unable to sell it. That appears to be the range for an LOTR LE.

#14 11 years ago

It is an pretty even trade HUO LOTR price has been on the rise within the last 5 months. I think LOTR will continue to rise a bit. Right now I would say a HUO LOTR is in the $3800 to $4100 range which seems to be pretty close to the average price on TOM. LOTR LE would be worth more than a TOM cash would most likely need to be added IMO. I would prefer to have a LOTR than a TOM myself.

#15 11 years ago

So not an LE, just the HUO may not be worth it? I should wait for a LE?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from MileHighPinball:

No reason to wait for an LE unless you want the gold trim and gold translite. I have an LE and someone may correct me if I'm wrong but there is no difference in game play. The LE is autographed and cleared but if you are wanting the title for playing purposes the regular will be just the same. Luckily this is a title that was made before stern started pumping out LEs that have all these bonus features not included on the standard.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

MileHighPinball said:

No reason to wait for an LE unless you want the gold trim and gold translite. I have an LE and someone may correct me if I'm wrong but there is no difference in game play. The LE is autographed and cleared but if you are wanting the title for playing purposes the regular will be just the same. Luckily this is a title that was made before stern started pumping out LEs that have all these bonus features not included on the standard.

Um shaker, is a big difference on the LE.
You can't get it for the regular one,it is not coded for it.
Sure you can hook one up,but does not work the same.

I think the play is way different then a regular with the shaker added,might just be me

#18 11 years ago

The guy wanted the TOM and $1000 for the HUO, so I passed. I may just end up keeping the TOM if I can find a LOTR at a good price. I mainly want it to play it. Where are people finding these HUO LOTRs for $3800? I've only seen them for around $4500-$5500. I saw a non HUO for $3600, is that a good price? How low could I find a routed one that's still in decent shape?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

As far as i know you can use that 10.02 rom that the LE uses and its the same. Am i wrong?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

pingod said:You can't get it for the regular one,it is not coded for it.
As far as i know you can use that 10.02 rom that the LE uses and its the same. Am i wrong?

You would need a PAL chip also, wiring harness, $200 shaker. I would keep the TOM and look for a decent players LOTR, you should be able to find one for around $3k.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Um shaker, is a big difference on the LE.

You can put a shaker on the standard LOTR with PAL chip not too much wiring to be done at all. I have played multiple regular LOTRs that had a shaker installed and it is integrated with the gameplay very well. With a few parts it is actually fairly easy to install no secret you can definitely make a shaker work fine with a regular LOTR.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

pingod said:

I think one version has the SAM operating system and the other doesn't.
I don't think it is interchangable.
Could be wrong,wouldn't be the first time

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 7.50
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-for-lord-of-the-rings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.