Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

My Theatre of Magic is not holding memory after being off for an extended period of time. Each morning the scores and other things are wiped. It will keep the high scores during the day when it's on, and if I turn it off for a few minutes the high scores are still there. Can anyone explain what's going on or direct me to a thread where this problem has been discussed? Thanks all

#2 11 months ago

Try replacing batteries on the cpu.

#3 11 months ago
Quoted from MeJeremy:

My Theatre of Magic is not holding memory after being off for an extended period of time. Each morning the scores and other things are wiped. It will keep the high scores during the day when it's on, and if I turn it off for a few minutes the high scores are still there. Can anyone explain what's going on or direct me to a thread where this problem has been discussed? Thanks all

Replace the batteries - let's start there, report back tomorrow.

#4 11 months ago

In the backbox is a board with three AA batteries on it. Try replacing them, get the "+" in the same direction.

If that doesn't do it, you need to see if battery power is getting onto the board ( bad battery holder ) and check if the batteries have been leaking. Then you need professional repair depending on the damage.

LTG : )

#5 11 months ago

I had a game one time that I put new batteries in and every now and then it wouldn't retain it's memory. One of the leads broke from the board. If the battery holder isn't tie wrapped to board it may have broken one of the leads. That was my problem.

#6 11 months ago

As everyone else said, try the batteries. If there is corrosion from the old ones leaking, clean that off and neutralize it immediately!!

#7 11 months ago

You'll get better replies on one of the Solid State forums. This is Electro Mechanical.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-efficiently-ask-for-pinball-repair-help-em

#8 11 months ago

IIRC the batteries for ToM are mounted to a board on standoffs from the CPU board. In this case, even if the batteries have leaked, the CPU should be protected.

As others have noted, I would closely inspect the connections from the battery holder to its board or the wire connection between the battery board and the CPU for a loose or broken solder joint.

#9 11 months ago
Quoted from MikeO:

IIRC the batteries for ToM are mounted to a board on standoffs from the CPU board. In this case, even if the batteries have leaked, the CPU should be protected.
As others have noted, I would closely inspect the connections from the battery holder to its board or the wire connection between the battery board and the CPU for a loose or broken solder joint.

Sort of, kind of. A leaking battery emits corrosive gas and even though the batteries are off the board, corrosion can still find its way on some delicious exposed metal.

#10 11 months ago

Did this game get fixed?

#11 11 months ago

This title has its own owners club forum thread. You should be all over that one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club/page/57#post-5197317

#12 11 months ago

He ended up ordering a new board for the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-doesn-t-remember-scores-after-being-off-overnight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.