Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 days ago by Dreg604
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4F8A4FF2-2C9D-4395-9E29-680D8E44519C (resized).jpeg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Hey there,

Recently I' ve just been through the process of completely overhauling a Theatre of Magic. At the same time I decided to go all in creating a new sets of exclusive mods for them. These included a new design of stickers, a chandelier, real velvet curtains, a clock, gold cahins and lion head on the trunk. They are not available for sale yet. I don't know if I will produce more of them actually. This may depends if there is any interest for it. But I only wanted to share with you first a 3D printed tiger I made which I'm very proud of.

Eyes and mouth lights up and a real saw blade spins. The tiger is connected to the trunk motor. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of having the home rom installed. All I wished for was having the saw spins as often as possible during gameplay

#2 3 years ago

Wow, very nice! I wish I still had my TOM, I'd buy one.

#3 3 years ago

Looks amazing !

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Wow, very nice! I wish I still had my TOM, I'd buy one.

I love TOM, but no more JPop games for me. They just fill me with too much anger after RAZA. Very cool mod, though.

#5 3 years ago

WOW WOW

#6 3 years ago

Looks neat bump

#7 3 years ago

Real saw blade? I'm sure you've designed it well, but I'd be worried about a bolt coming loose or the axle or tiger arm fatiguing and the thing dropping or flying off to hit something else in the machine or tear up a ramp? What if some crazy airball lands a ball up there stuck against the blade?

If I spent that much time and effort modding a machine like that I wouldn't want a spinning heavy pointy steel blade whirring around inside. It does look nice though.

#8 3 years ago

Already have the spinning blade, but would love the 3d tiger. The female magician figure looks interesting. Is that also one of yours?

Mike.

#9 3 years ago

Chandelier looks great.tiger is awesome too!!

#10 3 years ago

Love the chandelier

#11 3 years ago

where did you get the tiger? I want

#12 3 years ago

I'd buy one if you produce them.

#13 3 years ago

I would be in for a tiger since my saw blade spins already.

#14 3 years ago

Love the Tiger! I'd be in for one if you produce any.

#15 3 years ago

Really like the tiger.

#16 3 years ago

Depending on price, Id be in on a few as well. Very nice work.

#17 3 years ago

That's a REALLY nice ToM. All the mods look sweet. As a game to just flip around and hit shots I'd love to have a really nice one again.

#18 3 years ago

Great looking mods. TOM is such a great game. thanks for sharing.

#19 3 years ago

awesome job, looks fantastic.

#20 3 years ago

Please let me know price also.
thanks

#21 3 years ago

Add me to the list if you're going to produce these for sale. Very nice.

#22 3 years ago

Yeah, I've been wanting to do the tiger saw mod to mine but haven't done it yet. I'd be willing to go this route. I like the looks of the other stuff, too. Nice work. Please PM directly if you decide to make them available to the public.

#23 3 years ago

I'm interested in the tiger. I'd even consider a raw unpainted one.

#24 3 years ago

Dreg made this game for me and the video can't give a real idea how beautiful this game is. real show piece by a true gentleman

#25 3 years ago

Your mods are awesome. I would DEFINITELY be interested in the tiger and female magician mods. Please put me on the list as well. Great job!

#26 3 years ago

Pretty cool
I am interested

#27 3 years ago

Keep me in mind for the 3d tiger as well; very cool. I already have the spinning saw mod.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I love TOM, but no more JPop games for me. They just fill me with too much anger after RAZA

If John watched that video, he'd probably say "Yea, that's how I imagined TOM, but those bastard bosses at Williams kept cost cutting my designs"

#29 3 years ago

I love the 3d tiger and the chandelier and I would be interested for my TOM.

#30 3 years ago

Love the tiger!

#31 3 years ago

AWESOME JOB! I will purchase if you sell them ... Thanks

Dan

#32 3 years ago

I would be on board too.

#33 3 years ago

I would snag a tiger as well.... no pun intended

#34 3 years ago

Tiger is cool, well done. I would likely take one.

God, it's not the machines that kill your wallet, it's all the other crap eh?!

#35 3 years ago

Wow that is great. Seems to be some interest maybe you will change your mind.

#36 3 years ago

Please put me on the list for the tiger as well.

#37 3 years ago

nice, you can add me.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from mix_arcade:

Already have the spinning blade, but would love the 3d tiger. The female magician figure looks interesting. Is that also one of yours?
Mike.

The Magician girl is actually a limited figurine of Zatanna from the DC universe

http://jasontd.com/zatanna-women-of-dc-series-1-bust/

She's such a perfect fit, it's as if she was built for the machine.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If John watched that video, he'd probably say "Yea, that's how I imagined TOM, but those bastard bosses at Williams kept cost cutting my designs"

This is exactly how I approached the mods on this machine. As a video game designer I often have to cut off features in the name of budget and time restriction. In this particular I just ask myself "How would the machine have looked should they have more budget and time to produce it?"

Most of all I try to keep things balanced such as the mods doesn't affect gameplay but actually adds to the feedback.

Thank you very much for all your comments. It's the kick I needed to go into full production. Here's a short breakdown of the mods I expect to develop in a very near future:

- Red Velvet Curtains : Price TBD
- 3D printed Lion head in trunk (not shown in video, fits inside the round hole of the trunk, Eyes light up) : Price TBD
- Chandelier : Price TBD
- Clock Post : Price TBD
- 3D Tiger saw : I'll try to keep it under 300$ (I' ll look into offering customizable kit such: as no blade or unpainted)
- Custom stickers : Already for sale and available here ebay.com link

Thanks again for all your great feedback. I'll keep you posted as soon as they are available.

#40 3 years ago

Since some of us already have the working saw blade, will you just sell the tiger figure mod?

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Since some of us already have the working saw blade, will you just sell the tiger figure mod?

I will look forward indeed to produce such kit, but there is a few factors to take into consideration.

I know about the legit spinning saw blade mods for sale but there is also a lot of DIY way of making your own spinning saw. So I may not be able to guarantee that your motor assembly will fit into the tiger's paw. Also The tiger is designed to support a 4 1/2 inch blade, any blade larger thant that will eat on the tiger's face.

But I like to produce my mods as custom as possible, so I guess I could make kit to satisfy more particular needs.

#42 3 years ago

I'm with Indypin, If I could just get the tiger and add it to my already spinning sawblade that would be good enough for me.

3 weeks later
#43 3 years ago

If you produce any of these items...please add me to the wait list! I am in on any and all of them!

Looks great!

#44 3 years ago

Agree that the 3d tiger is quite cool.

And as others have already pointed out, many of us already have a motorized blaze.

I purchased mine from Pinball Pro (motorized tiger saw + marquis mirror kit).
http://pinballpro.net/shop/theatre-of-magic-motorized-gold-tiger-saw-blade-w-lighted-marquee-mirror/
Their method of spinning the saw blade is by attaching a blade-shaped plexiglass disk with double-sided tape to a small electronic cooling fan. Well, the double-sided tape wasn't strong enough and my blade fell off one day when I was cleaning the playfield and bumped it. No big deal, right? Wrong. There was no keyhole or centering lug to line it back up. Of course being a mere fraction of a milimeter off-center will cause the blade to vibrate. I contacted PP and returned the assembly for repair. They returned it and guess what -- it was off just enough to vibrate. It has been disconnected ever since. I love the chase lights of the marquis mirror and still use that.

I share this anecdotal story so that you might learn from it and make your mod better.

1) Make sure that whatever mechanism you use to spin the blade can be serviced. If the blade detaches, intentionally or unintentionally from the motor, it needs a centering pin so that it doesn't suffer the same problem as the other kits.

2) Also, please use a variable speed motor -- perhaps a simple potentiometer to dial the RPMs up/down to the user's preference. This was my second biggest complaint with the motorized saw blade from PinballPro - it spun so fast you couldn't tell that it was actually spinning. It just like a round disc. Teeth were only visible when it was at rest. I want to see the saw blade's teeth as it rotates. Maybe others don't. Maybe someone wants to mount a strobe light focused on the spinning saw blade? An adjustable RPM should make everyone happy.

3) Make sure that wherever you connect the motor to the games lamps or PCB, that it wouldn't interfere with the Pinball Pro lighted marquis mirror PCB, which attaches to the bottom area of the CPU board.

I wouldn't worry about the diameter of existing saw blades that people may have installed. The game was built for a specific size and that's what you should care about being compatible with.

Looking forward to being able to purchase some of your ToM mods!
-Brian

#45 3 years ago

Also interested in just the Tiger. Thank you.

#47 3 years ago

This is very cool. I'll be interested if I pull my TOM from the marketplace.

3 weeks later
#48 3 years ago

Looking really, really good! How are things coming together? Looking forward to adding some of your mods to my machine
cheers

#49 3 years ago

I am also interested in some of these for my ToM, any updates on availability?

2 months later
#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Dreg604:

The Magician girl is actually a limited figurine of Zatanna from the DC universe
http://jasontd.com/zatanna-women-of-dc-series-1-bust/
She's such a perfect fit, it's as if she was built for the machine.

I'm torn between the figurine you chose and the other version of her with the magic wand. Hmmm. Anyone else have an opinion on which is better?

ebay.com link » Zatanna Bust Women Of The Dc Universe Dc Direct Jim Maddox A Conner S3

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 109.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,800 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Traverse City, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 11.95
$ 399.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside