IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider videogod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1816 6 years ago

That looks GREAT, dude!

2 months later
#1863 6 years ago

The Eddy boards have a little pot switch (like a volume knob) that you adjust with a screwdriver to calibrate when the magnet is activated. I've never had a problem with the outbound Eddies, but I did replace the Trunk Eddy with the one from Pinbits, and it works great. No more recalibrating it every 3 months! I also recommend you replace the trunk board with the "Leon" board (do a search on Pinside). It's a tiny bit complicated to install but well worth it. The trunk won't get stuck halfway anymore.

#1869 6 years ago

The Eddy boards and the Leon Trunk board are two different things. The Eddy board (for the magnets) is a piece of cake to install; the Leon board is more complicated so you'll have to search this thread for instructions once you buy it.

Here's a link to a great trunk. None of them are unbreakable, but it should last a long time. Search this thread for ways to reinforce it.
http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/TOM_Page.html

#1886 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Edit: never mind....I see they are the same board
Hi guys,
What is Ingo's trunk Board and how does it relate to the Leon Board? Are they two different boards that work in tandem?
Thanks!

Ingo's board IS the Leon board. He's right; it's relatively easy to install if you are careful and follow the online instructions.

1 week later
#1979 6 years ago
Quoted from Beerpressure:

I just looked up his video and that is not what I'm talking about. the ball flies in between the trunk and a post while its rotating and gets stuck.

A lot of of us have had this problem, and this is the best fix (in my opinion). Glue a very small piece of foam as shown. The ball will rest on the foam instead of the post. Then when the trunk rotates, the ball will just glide off of the foam to freedom!

Trunk-Foam (resized).jpgTrunk-Foam (resized).jpg

5 months later
#2351 6 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I have a gremlin in my machine that surfaces only occasionally, maybe every few weeks, with one of a couple symptoms. It's a long shot, but sas anyone ever experienced something like this and figured out what it is? I have additional variables in the mix for troubleshooting, and that's that I have Ingo's board installed, and Pinbits auto adjusting eddy boards installed.
- Four or five instances of trunk stops registering hits. They do not start registering again until the machine is turned off and on.
- Four or five instances of magna-save triggering without ball rolling over eddy sensor. I think in particular it's the right side triggering it, as it once or twice triggered with the ball rolling down the inlane.
- Two instances only of left flipper registering a trunk hit when selecting illusion before plunging the ball.
- One instance of the background crescendo music not playing when multiball was starting, just silence followed by the voice yelling "multi ball".
Weird things, and not consistent. Any ideas?

Here's my take, as I've owned a TOM for 15 years:
1. The trunk can get confused if you hit it while it's moving. You don't have to turn off the machine, but you might have to open the coin door and go to trunk test to reset it. Replacing the Trunk Opto Board with the "Leon Board" from German-Pinball (search this thread) should fix it.
2. Replace the eddy with the Pinbits eddy boards that don't need adjustment: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=296
3. No clue
4. That's normal. Every so often you don't get the crescendo music.

2 weeks later
#2380 6 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Just finished the machine I got a month ago. Looks nice and plays perfectly. Just hit route last weekend!

Looks great! What LED kit did you use?

2 years later
#3012 3 years ago

While replacing my TOM lights with LED's I noticed these two wires disconnected from the right-side stand-up target (just to the right of the center ramp). Can anyone please send me a picture so I make sure and solder these back to the right position? Thanks!

TOM Wires (resized).JPGTOM Wires (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider videogod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=videogod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.