IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rvh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Left shows the problem,where the 2 rails become 4.
Middle shows the balls hitting the right rail because its being guided stright into it.
Right shows what needs to be done !
Havent figured out a good solution yet,just a wedge of the cabinet holding the rail out more

Is there a plastic above this that may be affecting the ball as it comes to the top of this Ramp?

1445742635477-1173872084.jpg1445742635477-1173872084.jpg

4 months later
#836 8 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Without reading the whole thread, is there a code fix for the trunk. When it starts to turn and it gets hit real fast during the turn it stops in the middle. It does not reset until I turn the machine off and on again.

1. Clean inside of gearbox with break cleaner.
2. Regrease gearbox grease with super lube.
3. Replace motor with a new one from Kimballs pinballs.

The super lube is key, I tried 3 other lubes before and got poor results. Super lube was recomended by another pinsider and it is the ticket.

These 3 things will get the trunk up to speed so the timing will work for the games programing.

As I understand the leons fix board will disable trunk hits when the trunk is rotating= missed trunk shot during rotation.

Just my 2 cents, I rebuilt it this way and have not had the trunk fault out once.

1458263299212-643534206_(resized).jpg1458263299212-643534206_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#887 8 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

G'day theatre fans. Ok, so I'm after some advice please. I have an ongoing issue with the ball not making it through the left orbit and up the ramp and back around to the right flipper.

Check to see if this purple plastic is causing problems as the ball starts up the wireforme ramp. I had to sand a bit off to make the ball roll up the ramp smoothly.

Probally have to put the ramp back in to check this though.

14606726001191352521852_(resized).jpg14606726001191352521852_(resized).jpg

#897 8 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Question. Should the left up/down gate lift up when the ball triggers the switch as it enters the left orbit? The right up/down gate certainly does.

The left gate done not come up during the left orbit shot only the right.
Had to take the glass off and close the coin door to check mine while rolling a ball around by hand slowly.
There must be something slowing it before that point, assuming you're left gate moves freeley open and close.
You're playfield overlay should not be a problem, the ball should have a ton of speed going into the orbit as the flippers on TOM are very strong.

RVH

3 weeks later
#912 7 years ago

What does the Poof target do? I didn't even know it existed until today.

Here I googeled it for you.

Poof Target
Scores 100K, that's it. On prototype machines, hitting the Poof Target would raise a drain shield between the flippers but this feature was removed when the game went into production.

1 month later
#961 7 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Thanks DA- I appreciate that. Just dreaming of a day when the trunk is fixed-lol

To fix the trunk the trunk needs to spin at proper speed to work with the programing of the game.

#1 clean the trunk gear box grease out, I used something like break cleaner. Its all metal parts in there.

#2 this is important, regrease the gearbox using superlube brand grease.

#3 you're all most done, replace the friggin motor it's 20 years old by god.

I got my motor from kimballspinballs, I had to email him to ask for one as thay are not for sale on his websight.

I did this and the trunk never stops.

If I'm not wrong the board you are talking about will make it so the trunk dosent register hits during rotation. Ugh. Do that it You want it's your choice.

Here's a pic of the grease, trust me don't use any other type of grease or oil.

Best of luck
RVH

1467848407865-1832810202_(resized).jpg1467848407865-1832810202_(resized).jpg

#965 7 years ago

Quoted from canea:Doing all that stuff MIGHT help or fix your trunk problems, but not necessarily. I cleaned the gearbox, relubed it, replaced the motor, replaced the opto board... all that time and money later and the game would still shut the trunk down if it got hit while moving. Leon's board fixes the error 100% plus way cheaper and easier, literally takes about 2 minutes to install (though, yeah, never a bad idea to clean the trunk if it's never been done). The trunk not registering hits while moving is a very, very small sacrifice for a trunk that works perfectly - I've actually come to prefer it that way. Makes the game feel a lot cleaner.

Guess I got lucky then, I'll keep this in mind.
Great info thanks.

#971 7 years ago
Quoted from KyleCat:

I found that there was a fuse for the trunk magnet and ball feeder but it's on the fliptronics board. Thanks jsa for the help.

This fuse was blowing in mine when I got it, turned out the magnet on the trunk was melted.

#974 7 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

, I need to extract the pins from the molex connector.

The pins have a tab on them that needs to be pushed in as you wiggle and pull the wire out. I use a stiff sewing type of needle to press on the metal tab.
Pull the connector apart and look into the male side and you can see the tab that needs to be pushed in.

#980 7 years ago

Sorry I diddent chime in earlier as I had no luck removing it recently. I tried heating it up on the electric radiator and prying it out with no luck and gave up.
That thing was glued in like a mo fo.
I diddent know how to remove it without breaking the plastic that holds the magnet.
I left it alone and just replayed the 3 wireformes.
Be prepared to tap the screw holes on you're wire forms when thay come back from plating.

1 month later
#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Anyone know what to do about the gold habitrail rusting? 6 years ago there was no easy solution.

I had mine replated by woody76 recently and thay turned out awsome.

10 months later
#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm now experiencing the trap door/SDTM issue for the second time since I've owned my machine. Things I've already tried:

Change the coil to one step weaker one, 26-1500.
You can just swap it with the coil that's used for the shooter lane.

RVH

Edit: the ball will come out a touch slower and gravity will do the rest.

#1856 6 years ago

Yes I did swap the coils after going over trying to rebuild everything. Works pretty damn good.
I also tried one step weaker coil but it was not strong enough to kick the ball out.
Swap them, see how you like it. The kickout to the shooter lane will be strong but it will work fine. Just order another 26-1500 and replaced it if you want to, that's what I did.

RVH

1 week later
#1882 6 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

I need a replacement trunk. Broke a piece off it yesterday.
Anyone know where the best place to order a new one?

Bay Area amusement has them at $31

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-TOM9317

#1884 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

I'm putting together a set of Titan rings. I'd prefer not go all white or purple. Any color scheme recommendations/changes to the list below?

All red would look ok. the all purple looks great that's what I did.

#1898 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Would somebody mind posting pics of the below playfield wiring to and between the two small white standup targets at top middle of the playfield?

Here

IMG_2741 (resized).PNGIMG_2741 (resized).PNG

IMG_2742 (resized).PNGIMG_2742 (resized).PNG

IMG_2743 (resized).PNGIMG_2743 (resized).PNG

IMG_2744 (resized).PNGIMG_2744 (resized).PNG

#1935 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

New problem... The ball trough eject isn't working. Not putting balls in the game.

As I recall these are also inline with the trunk magnet. When I bought my TOM I had the trap door stop working and blowing fuses and found the trunk magnet was the culprit as it was melted a bit.

#1959 6 years ago

I just wanted to say my Theater has been tentatively sold for a few weeks now and will be picked up and shipped early tomorrow morning. It's going to a new owner that I hope enjoys it very much.

Past member as of tomorrow
RVH

3 weeks later
#2043 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also, in this video from Namsan, his gorgeous TOM looks to be using some blueish bulbs. Maybe cyan?

Looks like the kit from pinballbulbs.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rvh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=rvh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.