IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polishedball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3877 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

Good to know, where can the files be downloaded ?

Last I saw Soren removed the files and you have to buy the programmed chip now from a Lic Reseller.

#3878 1 year ago

What is the best way to polish the gold metal wire ramps? I usually do wire forms and ramps on wheels with ZAM but not sure what it would do to these.

#3888 1 year ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone!
For those who don't know me, I have the license to create Alternate artwork for Williams Pinball titles.
I'm almost finished with a set of Backglass/Translite, Side Blades, and Cabinet Decals for THEATRE OF MAGIC!
If you'd like to be notified when they are available so you can check them out, please sign up here:
For the Acrylic Backglass:
https://bit.ly/TOM-Backglass
For the Translite:
https://bit.ly/TOM-Translite
For the SideBlades:
https://bit.ly/TOM-SideBlade
Can't wait to share this and get your feedback!
I've attached some of my other alternate Williams work.
THANK YOU!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking forward to it, just picked up this machine and the first place I went to was you site looking for one, for how much I love the artwork on this machine, the back glass was so soft a blah. Looking forward

#3890 1 year ago
Quoted from tlon:

Hi all. Joined the club. Read about 1000 posts
My TOM has the post in the lower right missing (photo of another machine cobbed here for reference). The post seems to be busted off.
Questions:
1. Best way to remove the busted off shaft?
2. Is this a 02-4660 mini-post 10/32 thread?
3. My trunk broke on the first impact after installing in my basement does anyone have a spare indestructible trunk for sale?
4. Will replacing this post reduce the potential for breaking the trunk?
5. For the ramp next to the trunk, this plastic is damaged, assumedly from multiple collisions from the ball ricocheting. I've sourced an NOS ramp... What size rivets are those (marco part number would be most awesome)
I'm sure i'll have more questions - the machine was shopped out under a year ago, and compared to my last purchase, it is in decent shape, except these little issues. Already has partial LEDs (not sure why the flashers are incandescent) and a color DMD[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have been looking for over a year for an indestructible trunk. I would leave that post out as it often causes a ball to pinch and the post be sheared off, trunk or trunk motor gears wrecks. put some wx strip on the ramp if you have issues with ball hangs in that area.

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from radix:

Need help solenoids 1-8 are not working. After 6 months of refurbishing work, I got my TOM in great shape. Played a dozen great games and then solenoids 1-8 all stopped working right after a ball drain. I checked all the fuses including F105, I even replaced F105 just to be sure. J107 seems to be ok putting out readings of pin 1: 72.8v, pin 2: 53.6v, pin 3: 72.9v, pin 6 21.6v. I checked the lugs of all the coils and they are all reading 53v. The test points seem ok with TP1 14.3v, TP2 4.9v, TP3 12.1v, TP4 .3v, TP6 72.9v, TP7 21.6v and TP8 16.8v. I did replace the trap door coil A-20099 with an FL-11630 like many people did after installing a Mantis trap door weldment as A-20099 would no longer hold the door up. I did not remove the diode from the FL-11630 as I read it was not to pull them despite the A-20099 not having them. Any ideas? Is the J107 pin 2 at 53v too low? Maybe a bad bridge rectifier if so?

have you reseated all the ribbon cables? esp the one from CPU to Driver board

#3897 1 year ago

hey all, I installed the 2.0 ROM and just made it to grand finale, but while the callouts said 50million for all the shots, the display was saying 10million, not sure what it was actually scoring, but guessing it was 10m, anyone else experience this? Do I need updated sound roms or something, is this an options setting? Thanks

1 month later
#3909 1 year ago

FYI Brian Allen dropped the alt backglass, sideblades, cabinet art etc Yesterday on his site

#3915 1 year ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Has anyone seen the acrylic version of his translites? Is it a noticeable difference? I wish he had a 3D version, that tiger would look awesome.

I have his acrylic in my CCr, but not sure exactly what your asking.

1 week later
#3929 1 year ago

Love the new BG

97966A38-A1CF-40E2-9E99-5D6413FD5B34 (resized).jpeg97966A38-A1CF-40E2-9E99-5D6413FD5B34 (resized).jpeg
#3935 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its really nice, but sadly "Not for Me"....

I total get this opinion. The collector in me likes the originals I would never sell it off, but for me the artwork or at least the one in mine was so soft and blurry it made the game look cheap.
For my CCr I have what shipped, the mirrored option and Brian’s.
It is interesting n that as I rotate them non pinball people are more naturally drawn to Brian’s work maybe because it is more busy or something. I really think his alternate would help with earnings of routed machines as they draw people in to the non themed games

1 week later
#3958 1 year ago
Quoted from STVPIN:

"It's happening..."[quoted image]

Shopping or playfield swap?

1 week later
#3980 1 year ago
Quoted from Trond:

Although it's not the highest-ranked pinball ever online, it often strikes me that Theatre of Magic has a very loyal pinball fandom. Would you guys call it a strong cult following, or an almost universally loved machine? (subjectively speaking, I'm not going to argue over definitions)

I will always keep it as it is my 9yo favorite machine and a very simple machine to introduce people to pinball on. My collection is imo centered around stuff that new people can understand and enjoy. I play in a couple local tournaments weekly so get plenty of time on newer more in depth stuff.

1 week later
#3991 1 year ago
Quoted from mycarlooksfast:

Actually it's the opposite. ToM is the smoothest shooting game I've played, the flippers feel so good. ToM is pretty loaded with features like magnets, wireforms, and physical ball lock/subway system that CCr doesnt have. CCr has a nicer DMD with better animations and a cool light show but that's about it.
I listed the CCr for sale or trade today since it feels tedious to play despite loving the theme, callouts and artwork.

I don’t see myself listing mine coming up kn a year in April. But I concur with your thoughts on ToM. If anything ToM is to easy (make it to wizard more kn it that CCr) but my lineup is mostly a easy shooter lineup to hook new people on pinball. I play all the new stuff on location twice weekly.

9F423AA5-14E5-42ED-BEFE-CEAEF1B08B63 (resized).png9F423AA5-14E5-42ED-BEFE-CEAEF1B08B63 (resized).png
#3993 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think that in a small collection like mine, ToM gets a lot of play and you just get too good at it.
I put my game in storage when the last game I played, I got to the wizard mode and 4 billion points on ball 1.
I have put thousands of games on it!
There comes a time when you want to move on.
Still however Its not for sale yet.
Its in my restore que. I have one of the last NOS playfelds for it, and hope to do it justice for all the joy it has brought me.
I had Ron Kruzman touch up the insert keylines and do a heavy clear coat. Factory playfields back in thr day were not as nice as todays offerings.
When done it should be an outstanding example of this game.

Ron is only about 45mins from me. I have had a getaway Addams dr dude and a couple other of his playfields. Amazing work.
I tweaked mine to be a little harder 2.0 code and tightening up but yep still an easy game but what I grew up with. And I love the memories.

1 week later
#4000 1 year ago
Quoted from runofkings:

Just finished restoring my TOM, completely rebuilt with Brian Allen's new, beautiful artwork!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you tell me more about that oversized DMD?

2 months later
#4063 11 months ago
Quoted from tlon:

I keep blowing the fuse for GI string 4 off my GI-OCD… I’ve traced the green and white green wires and I don’t see any sources of shorts…. But I know there has to be one. Anyone else had an issue after shopping out their machine where something is snorting the GI string? How did you find it?[quoted image]

All your pins and connectors in good shape?

3 months later
#4172 7 months ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Now for a request that can't be solved with a simple eBay search:
Does anybody have a playfield scan of the main illusions area? I've got a whole insert that ripped and tore off when removing some mylar and going to make some attempts to salvage it in a tidy fashion.

Should be able to pull it out of a vpx file for virtual pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider polishedball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=polishedball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.