IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mwong168.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 11 years ago

I love my TOM which has custom made brass trim, active gold tiger saw, PDI clock tower, mind orbits shooter rod and Drano's gold mirror blades. Deep game play it is far from it but the shots feel right all the time and always popular with anyone that comes over to play.

tom_drano.jpgtom_drano.jpg tom.jpgtom.jpg

8 months later
#168 10 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

hi,
do you have any pix of the "Entrance Ramp Light strip".
would be cool to see on & off.
thanks,
bb

Based on kmoore88's other TOM mods he probably bought the Entrance Ramp light strip from Andy aka judge-dreads-pinball on ebay. You can see more pics of it here:

ebay.com link: THEATRE OF MAGIC Pinball Entrance Ramp Light Mod

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Or you can buy a roll of 300 5050 leds on a strip for 10 bucks on Amazon and attempt to make your own

It won't be hard to do since you can pull from the unused 12V pin outs from the coin door interface for the shooter lane. If you want to light up the back of the game you can tap into J116 for 12V on the power driver board.

CoinDoorInterface.jpgCoinDoorInterface.jpg PowerDriverBoard.jpgPowerDriverBoard.jpg
1 month later
2 years later
#917 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

DAMN! Spill it. How'd you score that?

The left orbit spots letters in T-H-E-A-T-R-E, spelling Theater starts a 50 million hurry up and when you don’t it all the way around the left orbit it falls into the roll overs at the top that add to your bonus X multiplier. The left loop is also 100% repeatable with ease meaning you can also build up the combo shots at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 etc... million. Also for every letter that you collect it adds to your overall bonus count too.

So letter gets you bonus, starts a hurry up, combo and possibly bonus X multiplier. This can all be done in one shot that you only ever lose control over when you miss. I have seen my friend get bonus counts in to 300 – 600 million range and all he has done is shoot the left orbit.

You can also score big points when you start multiball too. You might have noticed when it starts you hear the girl counting down “3…..2…..1” if you can nail a jackpot before it reaches 0 you get 100 million. The kick out from the trap door is a pretty easy drop catch too. You can also raise the jackpot value by doing can you guess what? Yup shooting the left loop!

1 month later
#968 7 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Ingo says he has the single board but is out of the combo. Do I need the combo board or will the single do as well?

If your existing trunk opto board works then you should be fine with the single board. Alternatively instead of buying the combo you could get the "leon" and trunk opto board separately like me. Aside from saving a few bucks and cleaner looking install it works the same as the combo. I haven't installed the new trunk opto board yet but installed the "leon" board right away and it works great!

2 months later
#1098 7 years ago

You can temporarily install your new brass side rails without using double sided tape till you sort out your new cab decals. The screw and head hinge on each side is good enough to hold it in place.

#1102 7 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

So now I need to look into the best way to remove the current cabinet art. The biggest problem that I have is that I don't have a good way to get this machine out of my basement (to work on it in the garage) and then back into the basement (which is fully finished)...

Then you had better invest in some Festools

If you are redoing the cab decals chances are you will or should be pulling your playfield out of the cab anyways. Then you will probably want to detach and remove your head so this should make moving the cab up/down your basement stairs much easier. I would read more threads on cabinet restorations and see exactly how much prep is involved in getting a superior result. It isn't as simple as removing or sanding off the old decals and apply. I haven't re-done cab decals personally but I know a few who have and it involves a lot of bondo, sanding, bondo, sanding till you have a 100% smooth surface. If not all your cabinet imperfections will show through and can look just as bad as your existing cab. You can see Bryan Kelly removing a client's old IJ cab decals which looked good from far but far from good up close.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-restoration-started#post-1075201

Here another fantastic restore done by Bryan Kelly on a Creen and you can see step by step what he had to do in order to prep the cab before he even gets to the point where he can start applying new decals.

http://www.damonator.com/pinball/creature/creature.html

1 week later
#1116 7 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

Where is a good place to get a quality set of ToM cabinet decals in the U.S. without spending "big bucks" as in I would like to keep it as far under $300 as possible.

Someone just posted up their NextGen TOM cab decals for sale here for $200usd shipped within continental US.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-cabinet-decals

11 months later
#2071 6 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Beautiful...if made I'd be in if not too crazy

me too

1 month later
#2133 6 years ago

I don't suppose anyone has a scan of the spirit ring decal? I had mine replated and had to remove the old decal but could not reuse it.

1 week later
#2174 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

has anyone taken the magnet out of the spirit ring? is it glued in or something?
I kinda wanted to take it apart to clean it and redo the tape job from before. guessing I'd probably rip the plastic lining off the magnet trying to get this out.

I removed the magnet using a heat gun from the top and a curved pick from underneath to pull down on the magnet.

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg

#2186 6 years ago

Ordered a set of blade decals off Hassanchop and installed them in my game a few nights ago.

24027970978_6a5e9a67ed_k (resized).jpg24027970978_6a5e9a67ed_k (resized).jpg

11 months later
#2573 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My TOM has no service outlet. I was hoping to put Pinstadiums in it. Is everyone else's like this or is it just mine?

Perhaps you have this IEC style service outlet inside your cab? In that case all you would need is this extension cord to convert to a standard plug.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-12-power-extension-cord.html

5851-13867-00 (resized).jpg5851-13867-00 (resized).jpgh-19601-1 (resized).jpgh-19601-1 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 11.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mwong168.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=mwong168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.