IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkfe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2868 4 years ago

HI Gents, looking to pickup a TOM this week and join the club and had a question on the saw blade mod. I saw the video made by Pinball brotherhood which used a real saw blade and the existing bracket. Is this still available to purchase(can't seem to find a web site)? if not does someone have a link to a DIY link as 300 for this mod is steep for what it is. Going through this tread is time consuming, only up to page 12. Looking forward to this machine, but I see a lot of people who have said they sold it as it wasn't very deep. I have a TZ and love that machine and these era machines I seem to gravitate to.

#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

Yeah, way back in the day you could get a kit for the saw blade motorization for like $75. By the time I decided to add one, I was stuck with either some DIY option using a computer fan as the motor, or the expensive kit with the marquee. I got my combo kit somewhere else and the marquee looks a little different, and it wasn't $300. I was feeling the pain at $200 for the combo a few years back.

Thanks gents, picked up the game and still going through it...lubed the chest gearbox, flippers need rebuilding...and all that new machine stuff. But looking at this tiger mod, I can find the rom no problem ver 1.4H that works with the tiger mod, but the u22 seems to be a problem. Anyone know where to obtain that?

#2877 4 years ago

Reference tiger saw mod, So I believe I've found the correct rom and u22 pic chip that I need. Found a small 12v motor on ebay I believe should work fine. Does someone have a schematic as to how and where the motor is connected?..will be working on the actual modification to the bracket soon

#2880 4 years ago

Thanks I may have found a workaround using sorens mod though using my existing U22.

1 week later
#2890 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The part number matches, but it's odd Marcos doesn't list it as used on TOM. I looked up all the TOM gates Marcos carries, and I think this one is correct. That said, I'll look at my machine tonight to confirm.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20427

Just looked at mine, yes definitely angled like the above Marco's number depicts as compared to the straight one.

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Fun:

I appreciate all the help. I need to tear down the playfield (really don't want to) to measure between posts (that the gate is screwed on to). Ray from Action Pinball said he may be able to cobble one together if I can get him that measurement. He says the gate that he has is 3-3/16 inches apart. Oh well, looks like I'm taking ramps out. Too bad it is so integral. Problem is the ball will sit in the saucer and another ball will fall in. Now two balls in the saucer, and it won't kick out.
Anyways, anyone know how to turn off the continue feature? I looked but did not see one.
Thanks again!

Not sure what you mean by the continue feature? like to continue the game by "purchasing" another ball? I know you can reduce it from like 4 to 1, I assume you can go to zero too, but I keep it at one on my machine-never tried to go to zero.

1 week later
#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from KingMixer:

Hi all, newbie here with a question:
When a game on my Theatre of Magic ends, I don't hear the game end music. "Game Over" appears on the DMD to silence. I can't seem to find a setting for this in the manual. I do have the match turned off - would that have anything to do with it?
Also, I tried to use the "sound and speech" check in utilities, but I kept hearing just three things over and over. Isn't it supposed to run me through all the music and all the speech?
Any help you can give would be... helpful! Thanks.

I've noticed the same thing on my sound and speach check too, so I'm guessing that is normal...not sure about the end of game sound...try turning off the match option?

#2900 4 years ago
Quoted from Marco1973:

Hi.
I'm searching a complete plastic set.
It seems to be "out of stock" in the entire galaxy.
Does someone knows where I can find it ?
Thx

Saw someone from I believe russia/Ukraine region selling it...look back a page or two ...found it post #2875

#2902 4 years ago

I found a reasonably priced motor for the Tiger Saw mod from Bangood.com Its a 5mm shaft,but I found a bronze bushing that was 1/4 id that left a little of a sloppy fit, but a couple of set screws later and it holds it pretty good. I would purchase a slightly longer bushing if I had to do it again. The motor spins just fast enough to give the spinning effect. Had to notch out the plastic from the ramp behind it, but very minimally. Came out pretty sweet.
20200213_081930 (resized).jpg20200213_081930 (resized).jpg20200213_081936 (resized).jpg20200213_081936 (resized).jpg20200215_174528 (resized).jpg20200215_174528 (resized).jpg

#2904 4 years ago
Quoted from nightsearcher:

Neat saw blade monkfe

Thanks!...Mr_Tantrum makes them...he does a lot of pinball decals and will make you anything you can think of...I thought this matched the theme and the blade is real so it had all the typical printing you would find on a blade and I needed to cover it.

1 week later
#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from Roveer:

I've been cleaning up my TOM to sell and wanted to ask about the side magnets that save the ball from going down the sides. The left side seems to work (I've had it save a number of balls), but I have yet to see the right side work. I'm going to look and see if there is a 'test' for the magnets. Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for the magnet? What causes it to activate? As far as I can tell everything else works great. Thanks,
Roveer

There is an adjustment that needs to be made on the eddy boards...they do make an upgraded auto eddy board from Pinbits, but try adjusting it first...procedure is simple...in the manual

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from Gohigh54:

Looking for advice on my playfield. The Golden book inserts seem to be lifting out. I originally thought that someone put stickers over them, but closer look I think it is just lifting out. The rest of the playfield is in really good condition. Considering options of trying to repair myself, sending it out or just putting a replacement in.
Any input is much appreciated. If I were to send out, any good recommendations?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Go to Harbor Freight and buy a 12in c clamp...it will reach to the insert, buy some sure hold plastic surgery glue. , remove the old glue with a pick hair dryer helps...press flat with a wood block wrapped in plastic wrap glue from underside along insert edge...done

#2927 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hello everyone
I have a quick question about the need of a "EMI" filter with a Tiger Saw Mod.
A friend of mine just purchased a nice looking TOM, with an installed (but non working) Tiger Saw Mod. The motor's plus side is wired directly to 12V on the power driver board, and the motors minus side is wired to J126-3. As far as i can read this is normal when using 1.4H with a new security chip. A new 1.4H ROM was supplied with the machine (but not installed), and the seller told him he just needed a new security chip to make it work.
But i read a couple of places that connecting the motor through a EMI filer is strongly recommended?
So my question is, if any of you are running the motor without a filter? And have any of you actually had bad results when NOT using a filter?
Not that i think it matters, but i am going to make him a U6 with the SOREN modded 1.3X ROM. This ROM has the Tiger Saw mod ported from 1.4H and on top of that it has some other improvements. And using this 1.3X (modded) it should work just fine with his existing security chip.

I used Soren's 1.3x and did use an EMI board...not sure how it would work without it though...this one I believe https://ksarcade.net/wpc-motor-emi-board.html

1 month later
#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

That mod is nice, I just saw the price. One hundred fifty Euros plus shipping I'm passing.

yeah a bit stiff....

3 weeks later
#2996 3 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

Is the game registering trunk "hits?" If not, you might need to adjust the opto board under the playfield right in front of the trunk.

you mean the "eddy" board?....

3 weeks later
#3031 3 years ago

someone turned me onto this socket recently...keeps the bulb rock solid https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/077-5020-00

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monkfe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=monkfe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.