IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnhotrod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 10 years ago

Looking to join the Theater of Magic Club. If anyone knows of a nice ToM coming up for sale near Minneapolis, please send me a PM.

1 year later
#555 8 years ago

For anyone looking for ramps, go to Larry at Starship Fantasy. I was ready to post a WTB on Pinside and a buddy said to check out SF. They had them in stock so I ordered them up easy peasy.

We just picked up a ToM from a friend that needs some love. Plan to do some reading in this thread.

Cheers,
Steve

1 month later
#597 8 years ago

Millz made the mistake of volunteering to help me clean-up a friends ToM about six weeks ago. We've been working on the game once or twice a week for the past six weeks. Game is finally back together and getting dialed in. Only a few things left to do on the punch list. Figure I would share some of the things we have done to the game. If you read this Millz, THANK YOU. You have been doing an incredible job on this game and I cannot thank you enough for the patience you have shown in walking me through the steps it has taken to make this game as beautiful as it is.

TRUNK DYNAMAT:
Someone mentioned lining the inside of the trunk with Dynamat as a way to beef up the durability. Decided to try this today with a new trunk and it worked slick. Here are some pics of the way I pieced it inside. As to durability, we will see. I think it will be the most durable solution possible. If you do some research on making buildings bomb proof, you will find that spraying concrete block with Rhinolining is one of the best methods to make a building safe from a bomb near the exterior. Dynamat is similar in that it is flexible, heavy and will stay soft. It will flow into every odd ripple and bend yu will find inside the trunk.

IMG_8899.JPGIMG_8899.JPG
IMG_8900.JPGIMG_8900.JPG
IMG_8901.JPGIMG_8901.JPG
IMG_8902.JPGIMG_8902.JPG

LEDS - GI:
We used Cointaker Frosted for the GI and most of the inserts. Their frosted bulbs use 2-led 2835, making them very bright. With frosted lens, they disperse very well. Currently, I believe CT's frosted 2-LED and Comets Twin 2835 frosted are the best LED's you can buy. Ok, let's move on to our choices for colors. D&G Amusement has a beautiful ToM on location in Minneapolis. The color choices John made on his game are beautiful so we simply copied what he did with a few changes. In general, we went with purple on the front half of the GI and Warm White on the back half. The white bunny in the slings looks a little strange in purple so we changed the led, just below the bunny to Warm White. The other sling led is still purple. In the back half, we changed the orange drop lane plastics to orange. everything else is Warm White, including the led's on the back wall of the playfield. John did two more things that looks fantastic. 1) He added a purple LED strip in the apron. 2) He added three spots to the playfield. We did both and love the results. John used purple led's in his spots. We went with warm white. This brings out the yellow and flesh tones in the center of the playfield. I'll take more pics when the game is complete. For now I only have one. I will provide more detail on the led's used in the inserts soon. Down to each color used and style of the bulb. John used a lot of flex bulbs in his game. He did this because many of the insert sockets in ToM are mounted on their side. We decided to use frosted 2-led and they work very well. Since the flex bulbs do not have a frosted lens, they will produce hot spots in the inserts. The frosted bulbs do a better job dispersing the light out over the surface of the insert.

IMG_8904.JPGIMG_8904.JPG

TIGER SAW MOD:
My friend had purchased the saw mod from PinballPro so we went and installed it. Anyone looking to do this mod should just follow the two guides already out there on doing it yourself. One of them is a post here on Pinside. That post references a detailed guide that someone else did a while back and sold as a mod. They left the instructions on the mod up on their site which is sweet for us ToM fanatics. So others are aware, and I didn't know this even after reading up on everything I could; the saw mod works with v1.3 or 1.4H. We had 1.3 on our game and reading all the instructions I could find anywhere, it was not clear if the mod would run on v1.3. It does. The kit, while expensive does include a new mirror with a string of lights that are interactive with the game. A nice feature, all be it this kit is very expensive.

More info and detail when we finish up the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnhotrod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=mnhotrod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.