DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG
DSCN3291 (resized).JPG
DSCN3290 (resized).JPG
DSCN3289 (resized).JPG
DSCN3288 (resized).JPG
DSCN3287 (resized).JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider micky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2497 5 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Joined this club this week!
I picked this up at Pintastic in sturbridge. Sold a Star Wars Pro to (mostly) pay for it. Its a little color vomity at the moment, but it looked great with pin stadium lights it had at the show (Demo not included with sale) I'm going to make my own. I left it on free play over the weekend, and it already broke a newton ball and has a few issues. If anyone has any advice on the following please let me know:
Trap door either goes nuts triggering itself or wont register trap door hurry ups depending on switch adjustment. seems impossible to get both to work at same time.
Trunk made some squealing noises after moving it home and then parked itself with backup code (love that it does this) so that will be fun to deal with. Ive read I need to service the gearbox. any advice on that?
Excited to be part of the club. Not nearly as excited as my wife though. Its her favorite game.

Nice pick up! It looks so good....except for the puke coloured LEDs. I don't understand why people do that to games, but at least you can fix it easy enough.

1 month later
#2512 5 years ago

I have a friend here in Bundaberg Qld Australia who is working on releasing a few batches of his new Smart Eddy Board.
SEE BELOW.

TANGLES’ PIN PARTS
TPP-1023
Smart Eddy
Replacement for A-18543-1, A-18543-2, A-18543.1-2 and A-16922

Smart Eddy (TPP-1023) is a re-designed “Eddy” proximity detector compatible with the games:
Theatre of Magic
Star Trek The Next Generation
Scared Stiff
Road Show

The Smart Eddy board has an auto calibration feature that automatically adjusts the detector circuit each time the machine is turned on. This amazing auto calibration feature will free operators and owners from the tyranny of sensor adjustments that plague these games. Aging boards, playfield vibration and shaker motors all conspire to making the original boards a troublesome item.

The TPP-1023 board is a drop in replacement and amazing upgrade to the original boards. Matching the electrical and screw mounting* characteristics of the original parts, this re-designed unit can be installed easily with little fuss.

• Board automatically calibrates detector sensitivity.
• Fits original board mounting holes for A-18543-1, A-18543-2 and A-18543.1-2
• Comes supplied with nylon stand-off mounts.
• Single board compatible with all variants of the compatible game list.
• Designed and manufactured in Australia by Tangles.

As with all Tangles’ parts, these boards have the highest quality parts available. Components have been sourced through Tier 1 suppliers to maintain the highest integrity possible.

See manual for game specific options. http://shedspace.net/TPP/TPP-1023-SmartEddy.pdf

6 months later
#2723 5 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

So I was rebuilding the pop-bumpers today, cleaning, fitting new skirts and so on (I hate fixing those bumpers) and noticed that one of the coils wrapping paper looked brittle, wrinkled, the white paper is brownish and the coil text was REALLY faded as I could hardly read it. I thought it must have been crispy hot and was thinking of ordering a new coil but I decided to have a closer look at it first as the bumper 100% did work before I started cleaning it.
The coil is using black , thinner, plastic (not white-ish as the "newer" coils normally use) and it still had a brass sleeve inside. Surprisingly enough the brass sleeve slid out without any problems and it was really clean inside
It does look like the coil is an original from when the machine was built, ie ~27 years old, but it does work. The outside looks like crap though, and now I'm on the fence on what to do; keep it and risk future failure due to age or just replace it? What would you do?

I would replace it. Better safe than sorry!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider micky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.