IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#920 7 years ago

On ToM proto games the "poof" target changes to "raise magic post" and the "shoot again" insert is moved from between the flippers over to the left. The open pages of the book on the proto playfield lack the yellow shading down the center (a cleaner look I really like).

I added a ColorDMD and drilled a 1-5/8" diameter hole in the speaker panel behind the clock face and lit it with an LED wired to the GI.

ToM_proto_(resized).jpgToM_proto_(resized).jpg

clock_face_(resized).jpgclock_face_(resized).jpg

3 months later
#1039 7 years ago

Darn! I should buy some of those just to keep for future need.

4 weeks later
#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

There is also a magic post flasher that seems to be out. Where is the magic post?

The red plastic magic post goes up and down between the tips of the flippers on prototype games only. The bulb lights when the post is up.

2 months later
#1340 7 years ago

I put LEDs in my ToM with a double flex head in the Haunted Basement insert which was a big improvement.

Quoted from Robl45:

Is the post really worth it? It's not like you just put it in. I won't go drilling my playfield for it.

My ToM is a proto with the magic post. It doesn't stay up long enough to do much good and the "up" time isn't adjustable.

1 year later
#2406 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Preparing for a complete resto, I have a new speaker panel and this (translite) came yesterday.

I need a new speaker panel. If I might ask where did you get yours? And is your new translite the original style or 3-D?

Quoted from adii:

How about the Pinduino ramp chaser lights? Those look amazing.

Darn! I forgot that I already have the Pinduino kit for my ToM proto. I didn't install it yet because I also have new ramps I want to install along with it. Another project for which I need to make some time.

4 months later
#2523 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I talked with the owner of the machine and he's willing to sell it.

That's good, so now you just need to agree on price. Just keep after it.

Years ago an arcade one town over from me had a ToM prototype and I talked to the manager every couple months wanting to buy it but he always refused. This kept up for over a year until I stopped in to ask again and found the game wasn't there any more. I asked the manager and he said they had moved it to another one of their arcades. I quietly asked another employee if he knew where it went and he told me it was in another city about 70 miles away. So I drove there and made that location's manager an offer of $1800 for the ToM proto which he accepted and we loaded up the game and I drove home with it. It was very dirty but cleaned up nicely (I used Q-tips to clean the undersides of all the inserts before installing LEDs). I have since added ColorDMD, 3-D translite, gold powder-coated legs and leg bolts, rabbit-in-a-hat shooter rod, drilled out and backlit the clock in the speaker panel, and replaced the trunk board and trunk motor and opto interrupter. As backup I have a pair of new ramps, a plastic set, extra slingshot plastics, and several spare trunks (including two of the new unbreakable ones).

1 year later
#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Theatre of Magic mod: The Sorceress!
Handpainted model 3D printed in resin, with support base in plastic and Comet fire effect LED.

Just received mine and it looks great! Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

10 months later
#3245 3 years ago
Quoted from zhu808:

Here's the pic. The post pops up when you strike the poof target.

That's weird. My proto with red boards (see post 920 in this thread) says MAGIC on the playfield above the post and POST below it. There is no wording on the red post itself. An insert for SHOOT AGAIN was added above and to the left of the left flipper. And the target that raises the post says RAISE MAGIC POST on the playfield instead of POOF.

#3249 3 years ago
Quoted from zhu808:

Where'd you ever buy a ToM proto?

More than 20 years ago an arcade one town over from me had a ToM prototype and I talked to the manager every couple months wanting to buy it but he always refused. This kept up for over a year until I stopped in to ask yet again and found the game wasn't there any more. I asked the manager and he said they had moved it to another one of their arcades. I quietly asked another employee if he knew where it went and he told me it was in another city about 70 miles away. So I drove there and made that location's manager an offer of $1800 for the ToM proto which he accepted and we loaded up the game and I drove home with it. It was very dirty but cleaned up nicely (I used Q-tips to clean the undersides of all the inserts before installing LEDs). I have since added ColorDMD, 3-D translite, gold powder-coated legs and leg bolts, rabbit-in-a-hat shooter rod, drilled out and backlit the clock in the speaker panel, and replaced the trunk board and trunk motor and opto interrupter. As backup I have a pair of new ramps, a plastic set, extra slingshot plastics, and several spare trunks (including two of the new unbreakable ones).

8 months later
#3438 2 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Thats what I was thinking, metal file.

That's the file I put all my Black Sabbath and Metallic albums in.

3 weeks later
#3448 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pinsound with the shaker is a hot setup.

That's too bad. Would a Pinmonk fan kit help cool it down some?

9 months later
#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from dq13:

Found this lil bugger under my ToM. Any ideas?

Sorry. Nothing springs to mind.

3 months later
#3923 1 year ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I had a 3D translite on my previous machine. I really liked it, i wish they still made them, I haven’t been able to find another one for sale.

PPM-3D-TOM-TRANSLITE is out of stock at PPS - was priced at $238 plus shipping. I just pulled the 3D translite from my ToM today and replaced it with Brian Allen's new acrylic blackglass. Willing to sell the 3D for $210 plus shipping and reuse the packaging the Brian Allen one came in. If interested, PM me your address and I'll go to the post office and find out how much shipping will cost. Sorry, but continental USA only. Payment thru PayPal.

Added 15 months ago:

UPDATE: No longer available. Sold (and already shipped) to caker137.

2 weeks later
#3968 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Confirm you have 4 balls Rita installed in the game?

There are four balls in my Theatre of Magic, but I'm pretty sure Rita didn't install them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
Wanted
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.