IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litedpinballmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#805 8 years ago

Thank you, someone took care of me on my request.

1 year later
#2021 6 years ago

We are going to have a few TOM mods listed next week. These all have lights, and can be hooked up to be on all of the time, or triggered from a play field light.

Lighted Tiger. Replaces plastic tiger, will work with spinning saw mods.

Theater Faces. Can be mounted a few places in the game.

Chandelier. Can be mounted in a few locations in the game. Looks good on TAF also.

Rabbit in hat. 2 circuits. Light is one circuit, motor to spin rabbit is another circuit. Can be placed in a few locations in the game.

Dan

tom (resized).jpgtom (resized).jpg

tom 2 (resized).jpgtom 2 (resized).jpg

#2034 6 years ago

I am getting a lot of PM's about the tiger. We are making now and will have for sale next week. It will be $99.99, replaces your current tiger, no changes to the game. It can be hooked up to GI or playfield lights (NOT 12V). Comes with everything needed to mount and hook up. We use Comets Matrix system for hook up. The Tiger real helps to light up the game.

This is the prototype and is nearly perfect, making a slight change to the paint, removing paint from back of paw.

Here are a couple more pictures.

Dan

tiger off side (resized).jpgtiger off side (resized).jpg

tiger off (resized).jpgtiger off (resized).jpg

tiger on (resized).jpgtiger on (resized).jpg

tigersaw4 (resized).jpgtigersaw4 (resized).jpg

tom 2 (resized).jpgtom 2 (resized).jpg

tom (resized).jpgtom (resized).jpg

#2036 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I wish the tiger LED lights were diffused better and not so spotty?
Either way Im in let me know when to pay.

pinballinreno I have you on our list.

Lighting was a challenge on this mod. The first one we poured we put some lights at the body end, and the light just would not penetrate, it is 9 inches long. We also wanted to have these colored close to the original, so it looks good even with the lights are off. The orange color further cuts down the light transmission. We then tried some middle placement, but the light would not transmit. We tried top placement, but then light would not transmit to the paw. When it is all said and done, we poured 8 with different light placement, and this is what we felt worked the best. The LED light strip in this is 21 lights.

With the angle of the lights and the orange, we feel it does not overpower that area. We feel the amount of light it makes matches the game very well and really accents the orange pop bumper caps well. I did mentioned that we use Comet matrix plugs, and if you want more control over the lights, you can use Comet's light dimer for $1.95

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/mtxbriteadj.htm

We are getting a lot of emails on this, so I started a list. If you are interested, PM me, and I will put it on my list. We can only make 6 of these a week, and I will email when we have one ready. The reason we can only make 6 of these a week, is because the mold is large and expensive, and it takes 24 hours to cure completely in the mold.

These are hand made, so the light placement does very slightly, less then a 1/4" I would guess, and they are hand painted.

Dan

#2068 6 years ago

Litedpinballmods
I actually like this 3d tiger better:
» YouTube video
It has the white color underneath.
Can you make something like this?
The LED's inside yours are too spotty. I can light the tiger with a spot.

We got hit pretty hard by Irma and lost over a week, just getting things back on track.

I am going to start a thread on our TOM mods when we get some stock up and caught up, please reply on that thread. If I get a fair amount of feedback of a change, we can make changes.

The original plastic has more white on it then the translit does. We opted not to put white on the tiger, because no white matches the translit pretty close. With the lights in the tiger it gives you the choice of lights on, lights off or you could dim it.

Please give me some clarification. Please look at picture above of the tiger not lit. Is that what you want, but with white under the tiger? Or are you saying you want an opaque orange? Red eyes? Do you want more white like the plastic it is replacing?

Trying to make one model that meets most peoples needs.

Dan

#2085 6 years ago

Ok, let me make sure I understand what you want. Feedback please.

Solid orange, white under head with a little white on face, red glowing eyes.

If that works, we will need to do some color matching and light placement. If all goes well, should have a prototype by Friday, if issues will take a little longer.

Dan

#2087 6 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

Yeah, I think that would be something that people would like better than a kitty with LED spots coming from its innards. LOL
I really do appreciate your efforts and what you were trying to accomplish, but maybe something like what you state above, and others referenced would be better. Although red glowing eyes are interesting and all, I never understood why so many of the mods over the years had things like rabbits with red eyes, other tigers with red eyes, even saw one once with a couple of doves with red eyes. Makes things seem more "sinister" than a pinball based off of a magician theme. Not sure if that would mean white or blue eyes, but just saying that the red LED thing never really made sense to me for continuity of the game compared to the graphics printed on the playfield and the backglass.

Thanks for the feedback.

#2089 6 years ago

And white teeth or fangs!

Yes.

We will offer 2 tigers, the lit on from our early pictures and an opaque one with lit eyes, per multiple requests.

I was not aware of this, and most of us here were not aware. We though tigers were more orange, like Tony The Tiger on Frosted Flakes. Turns out they are more of a brown/orange, like some Fall leaves may be. That is what advertising does to us.

We looked at the video, high level of orange in that tiger. We then looked at the original plastic piece on the game, a bit more brown. Then started to look at other tiger pictures/models, a bit more brown. So we are color matching to what most tigers colors we found, the color will be slightly browner then the video.

If the color holds up, should have a prototype in a few days. Sometimes the colors do odd things when we start to mold them.

Dan

#2097 6 years ago

Here are some pictures of the opaque tiger. Is this the colors and paint you are looking for? It has white under the face and a few other areas. It has red lights for the eyes, but they did not line up in this prototype, it is giving us some problems. These lights will require more work, may be a few ($10) dollars more.

That is also the second version of the theater mask.

Once we get this tiger right, I will post here and start a separate thread.

Dan

tiger opa (resized).jpgtiger opa (resized).jpg

tiger opa 2 (resized).jpgtiger opa 2 (resized).jpg

tiger opa 3 (resized).jpgtiger opa 3 (resized).jpg

#2107 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

will the 3d tiger work with the tiger saw mod?

Yes, our tigers will work with the tiger saw mods.

We are working on the opaque tiger, very close to having done. We will have the option of what color eyes you would like, blue, white, red, orange and green.

Dan

1 week later
#2125 6 years ago

On the tiger, I ended up making 3 different versions. The tiger is the same size on all 3, and are designed to work with existing saw mods. The original all orange light up. One that does not light up and has light white accents, eyes light up to your choice. One that does not light up and has more heavy white, eyes light up color of your choice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-tom-mod-development-thread-by-lightedpinballmods#post-3996879

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider litedpinballmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.