IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2537 5 years ago

Hey guys, looking at a TOM and it has this little board in it:

A9E19D03-5C4E-4F8E-B737-A836CB27F7DC (resized).jpegA9E19D03-5C4E-4F8E-B737-A836CB27F7DC (resized).jpeg

Look like it connects over to J125.

2F7C49A1-3AC3-4A0A-9DCE-7242E56E5A56 (resized).jpeg2F7C49A1-3AC3-4A0A-9DCE-7242E56E5A56 (resized).jpeg

Can anyone tell me what this is all about?

#2539 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I assume you have the lighted mirror on your game? That's the board that drives the lights in the mirror. . . http://pinballpro.net/shop/theatre-of-magic-motorized-gold-tiger-saw-blade-w-lighted-marquee-mirror/

Ha ha, thanks.

#2543 5 years ago

Just joined up tonight!

#2544 5 years ago

Here it is! To be honest this was the wife’s deal. Turns out she’s a member of a work pinball club behind my back!

CBA05704-0BDA-4016-A58B-5912E1782DD7 (resized).jpegCBA05704-0BDA-4016-A58B-5912E1782DD7 (resized).jpeg

The game is really nice, and has all the mods that I’d assume you’d need reading through your thread here... pinbits auto eddy boards, Leon trunk fix, GLM opto boards and it also has the previously mentioned Tiger Saw mod!

EFD103EA-1DC4-432E-80CB-E930E6676DA1 (resized).jpegEFD103EA-1DC4-432E-80CB-E930E6676DA1 (resized).jpeg

Anyways, I feel like she did really well for her first solo pin purchase (I was just driving the truck) and it was a hell of a 13th anniversary gift to ourselves! She sure don’t work cheap tho, lol.

#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Welcome to the club. That’s a great TOM that I owned for a few years and really enjoyed it while I had it.

You had this one specifically?? Small world!

#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Haha we’re all on here! enjoy it!

I'm not used to having a game this ready to play. Very strange! Thanks again.

Jamie's extremely excited tho, she was playing it last night at midnight, lol.

#2552 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

A lot of love and effort went into that pin over the last few years - such a great flowing pin.

I was telling Jamie as I went over it last night someone really put alot of care into it, it has alot of great upgrades. I'd love to hear the story sometime.

1 month later
#2594 5 years ago

Pretty sure I have a a Rottendog power board in mine and it works fine. I guess some folks have had bad experiences but I also have a couple of their CPU boards as well and they’ve always been good.

2 months later
#2671 5 years ago

Are you using the correct fuse?

2 weeks later
#2696 5 years ago

I have LED in mine, looks great to me.

CE22236E-4EC4-4778-A68A-67BED6CD53A2 (resized).jpegCE22236E-4EC4-4778-A68A-67BED6CD53A2 (resized).jpeg

#2697 5 years ago

double post

4 weeks later
#2716 5 years ago

Nothing will COMPLETELY solve trunk issues but between the upgraded boards and updated rom your trunk should be as good as it can possibly be.

I run 1.4H and the Leon board and have never had to open my coin door for a trunk issue. It can get wedged in but sorts itself out.

#2721 5 years ago

Yeah I definitely register hits while spinning with 1.4H and the Leon board. I just checked.

#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from soren:

That can't be. Eliminating those hits are the essence of the Leon solution.
Balls going into the Trunk, yes. Ball "hits" to the proximity sensor in front of it, no.

Hmm, interesting. I’ll do some “glass off” research and report back. I’ll admit that there is a good chance I could be wrong.

2 months later
#2775 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Working on my restoration and populating the new (Mirco) playfield with T-nuts. I am concerned with the T-nut on top of the playfield next to the trunk. The original playfield has a deep recession from where the T-nut was drawn into it, allowing it to sit fairly flush with the playfield...
Seems like it would be fairly easy to do on a non clearcoated original playfield but my concern is trying to get the new nut to sit flush without destroying the clear around it. I have the Kruzman kit to remove clear from post holes and such but not sure how to remove the clear from this area and have it look good as well....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that’s a shit design on Bally’s part. What does it hold on? Can it be skipped?

3 months later
#2823 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Just wrapping this up...[quoted image]

Tasty.

Love that brass plating.

2 weeks later
#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from Fairground:

Hello everyone, may I please join your wonderful club? I have added TOM to my little collection. Cheers Allison

As the game says... "WELCOME, TO THE THEATER OF MAGIC!"... club.

1 year later
#3211 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Looking for same advice. Its getting time to shop out my ToM again, last time was 20+years ago. What would you guys recommend, here is my short list and if you have any comments/pics/suggestions just let me know :
Comet LED kit
Auto Eddy board for the trunk...and magnets?
Titan rubbers - color(s)? or just the standard regular rubber (black)
New "unbreakable" trunk. I still have new OEM ones somewhere.
LMK, Im not to big into mods and only have the spinning tiger saw on it but I'm open for anything cool.
Thanks

ColorDMD if you don’t already have one. It really does give pretty much any DMD game a huge update while at the same time staying totally faithful to what it should be.

LEDs are probably the single biggest upgrade you can do on the PF. I just use Comet sunlight 2 SMD frosted everywhere myself, some pinsider made that recommendation to me once and it’s a good one. Nice and bright but still pretty natural.

Titans are great too, the color wise it’s your call but I think in most situations clear looks pretty good. I don’t use titan posts tho as I prefer the action and color of Cliffy posts.

You don’t need to change your Eddy boards unless your old ones won’t stay adjusted.

Trunk wise if what you have is working you can save the money... I have an unbreakable I haven’t installed cause the original style is hanging on, so I can’t say if it plays different but as it’s softer I assume it will change the action at the trunk.

1 week later
#3223 3 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

Apparently, the slam tilt on the coin door, and the slam switch at the bottom of the cabinet are paralleled. Did some tracing, double-checked the wiring. The switch at the bottom of the cabinet was previously unplugged, and the door switch was tweaked so that it could never make contact.
Re-seated all connectors including the interconnect board, pulled it out and checked for cold solder joints, and tested all switches along with every diode I could find. One of the center ramp targets was intermittently shorted with a wire whisker, so I corrected that. The target bracket was bent back towards the ramp guard, which would cause airballs, so I bent it back to normal. Seems way too flimsy - I'm going to put in some sort of support to prevent that from bending back again. Those switches take a beating. Those switches are not on the slam tilt matrix, so it's unlikely that the short would be causing my issue.
Ran the machine with the glass off, hitting every possible ramp and switch combination I could think of (hit 4 billion on the display), and problem did not repeat itself. Going back into normal use. Hopefully, I stumbled across a reason it happened in the first place. We shall see.
EDIT: The Trough Jam is in place. The trough LED boards have a space for a 5th. detector, but it's not used in the machine, and there are no wires in the connector. All is well with the trough system, although I did have a flaky LED, so I replaced it with a different style IR led, and it works fine.

We recently went through a similar issue on a fish tales and after much gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands it ended up being failing voltage causing switch issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=gunstarhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.