DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG
DSCN3291 (resized).JPG
DSCN3290 (resized).JPG
DSCN3289 (resized).JPG
DSCN3288 (resized).JPG
DSCN3287 (resized).JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1822 6 years ago

Hey guys,

What do you recommend for the best "trunk gold chain" mod? I've seen this one from PDI (http://www.pinballdecals.com/TOM_TrunkChainKitPage.html) but think there are also some smaller chain and lock versions out there. Any links to other options for sale would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Craig

#1824 6 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

I like my own (2nd attempt) DIY approach. Super cheap, and not hard to make. (From post #812 in this thread)

Do you have links to chain and locks for purchase?

1 week later
#1826 6 years ago

Can anybody explain what the Pinbits Trunk Auto Eddy board does and how/where the board is installed. Was buying a bunch of stuff from Pinbits for a TOM restore I'm doing and bought this board. Don't know anything about it. Thanks for the help. -- Craig

#1828 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The stock eddy boards (for triggering Hocus Pocus magnasave) have pentiometers (sp?) that are adjusted by little knobs. These can be nudged or vibrated out of adjustment, resulting in a switch error, having to go under the playfield, and readjusting. The Pinbits Auto eddy boards adjust automatically, so you should have to ever go under to readjust.

Awesome. Thank you. So this board is just a replacement for the existing board?

#1830 6 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Yes but the mounting holes don't lineup so you will have to make new ones the board is worth every penny though and really helps the game play another thing you may want to look into is the Leon board which keeps balls from triggering the trunk while it's already spinning which can tend to cause a ball to get stuck behind thw trunk

thanks! I remember reading about this board. Do you have a link to where it can be purchased? Cheers, Craig

1 month later
#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Man I love this game

Did you restore this game Drew? Looks great

#1880 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What's the install like on the 3 parts?
Also, can anyone point me to where I can order a non-breakable trunk?

Once you get your trunk line the inside walls using a fiberglass resin repair kit. Just cut pieces of the white "cloth" that comes with the kit Lay them on the inside walls them spread the resin over the cloth and let dry

#1881 6 years ago

Edit: never mind....I see they are the same board

Hi guys,

What is Ingo's trunk Board and how does it relate to the Leon Board? Are they two different boards that work in tandem?

Thanks!

#1885 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

I'm putting together a set of Titan rings. I'd prefer not go all white or purple. Any color scheme recommendations/changes to the list below?

Doing a full restore on a TOM right now and ordered purple rubbers. I was surprised/disappointed in the color. It's more pastel in color than the deep purple that the game has. I ended up going all translucent because I couldn't find a good fit with the red/purple/white.

#1888 6 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Any chance you could post a picture? Cserold mentioned that the color was more pastel than deep purple and I think the pastel might suit my taste. It's not a huge investment, but if I could see it on the machine that would be great.

Here are pics of the purple rubbers. I really liked the teal posts and flippers to match Lower playfield pics and the purple, of course, did not mesh with that. I also couldn't get my eye to accept that purple on the red posts but that is all subjective I'm sure

IMG_9253 (resized).JPGIMG_9253 (resized).JPG

IMG_9254 (resized).JPGIMG_9254 (resized).JPG

#1895 6 years ago

Hi guys,

Would somebody mind posting pics of the below playfield wiring to and between the two small white standup targets at top middle of the playfield? Doing a restore and some funky hacks done that I want to clean up here. Would really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Craig

#1906 6 years ago

Wow...thank you! Those are perfect

#1907 6 years ago

Cool. Didn't know these existed. Thanks for posting

#1976 6 years ago

EDIT: Nevermind....I found the metal bracket that is used..that was the missing link!!!

Would somebody mind posting a picture of how the back right mirror is mounted to the play field back panel? And also how the small plastic is mounted to the mirror? Thank you! -- Craig

#1978 6 years ago
Quoted from Beerpressure:

I just looked up his video and that is not what I'm talking about. the ball flies in between the trunk and a post while its rotating and gets stuck.

can you post a pic of where the ball is getting stuck?

1 week later
#1987 6 years ago

Wanted to share some pics of my second restore. Really tried to go all out in this one with mostly parts plated included below playfield metal.

Some before, during and after pics below.

IMG_7851 (resized).JPGIMG_7851 (resized).JPG

IMG_7866 (resized).JPGIMG_7866 (resized).JPG

IMG_7894 (resized).JPGIMG_7894 (resized).JPG

IMG_7918 (resized).JPGIMG_7918 (resized).JPG

IMG_7984 (resized).JPGIMG_7984 (resized).JPG

IMG_7983 (resized).JPGIMG_7983 (resized).JPG

IMG_7990 (resized).JPGIMG_7990 (resized).JPG

IMG_7965 (resized).JPGIMG_7965 (resized).JPG

IMG_7987 (resized).JPGIMG_7987 (resized).JPG

IMG_8724 (resized).JPGIMG_8724 (resized).JPG

IMG_8726 (resized).JPGIMG_8726 (resized).JPG

IMG_8727 (resized).JPGIMG_8727 (resized).JPG

IMG_8731 (resized).JPGIMG_8731 (resized).JPG

IMG_9186 (resized).JPGIMG_9186 (resized).JPG

IMG_7886 (resized).JPGIMG_7886 (resized).JPG

IMG_8351 (resized).JPGIMG_8351 (resized).JPG

IMG_8710 (resized).JPGIMG_8710 (resized).JPG

IMG_8715 (resized).JPGIMG_8715 (resized).JPG

IMG_8896 (resized).JPGIMG_8896 (resized).JPG

IMG_8897 (resized).JPGIMG_8897 (resized).JPG

IMG_9437 (resized).JPGIMG_9437 (resized).JPG

IMG_9438 (resized).JPGIMG_9438 (resized).JPG

IMG_9442 (resized).JPGIMG_9442 (resized).JPG

IMG_9444 (resized).JPGIMG_9444 (resized).JPG

IMG_9446 (resized).JPGIMG_9446 (resized).JPG

#1991 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

that is amazing! If I were to do speaker lights, I would go for a dim purple, so as not to stand out from the entire package, but that's just me. Nice work!

Thank you very much. Totally agree on speaker lights I had these lying around and decided to throw them in there. Need to change them out to some other color. Do some of the kits come with dimming ability? Cheers, Craig

#2006 6 years ago

Would somebody mind taking pics of their right orbit one way gate and the post by it. My right orbit shots all Brick off the black post sleeve. See pic

Thanks in advance.

IMG_9737 (resized).JPGIMG_9737 (resized).JPG

#2008 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I had this issue for a long time and finally decided to fix it. It ended up requiring a few tweaks and now it's nearly perfect. Based on your picture I can't tell what's wrong but here's how I solved the problem:
First off check the gate on the left side of that area. Mine had been re-installed incorrectly with the bracket on the nearside of the guide rail. Fixing that improved it tremendously but it would still brick too often. Now run your fingers along the playfield and up the metal ramp to check to see if it's perfectly smooth. Mine had a bit of a ridge and I ended up taking the ramp out and sanding down the tips a bit to make a perfectly smooth transition.
With those changes that shot never bricks anymore.

Thanks for the reply. Just realized there are technically 2 gates in my first pic. I'm talking about the one below. The ball guide is currently behind the black post and the ball just slams into the post. Don't think this can be correct. Thanks for any other tips.

2017-09-05_17-32-35 (resized).jpg2017-09-05_17-32-35 (resized).jpg

#2011 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

The ball guide on mine runs on the inner side of the black pst (opposite side as yours in the picture.)

Quoted from pintechev:

Yup. The ball guide is bent the wrong way.

Thank you gents. I appreciate the replies!

#2012 6 years ago

Finally fully completed my TOM full restoration and posted more detailed pics of the process and finished product on the thread linked below for those interested in restores.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-full-restoration-pics

#2015 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Quick question... I'm replacing the coil that raises and lowers the pin in the subway. The manual calls for AE27-1200, but the one in my machine is a AN26-1200 with a diode on it.
Can anyone comment on this. Wondering what the correct coil is, and if it needs the diode.
Thanks

There are guys a hell of a lot smarter than me that would know but I'm pretty sure the AE27-1200 was factory on mine. I will see what I can find in my pics. Appreciate the nice words.

#2019 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I just helped my friend set up his newly acquired TOM. We ran into a weird issue where you can launch a ball out of the shooter lane such that it wedges between the wire ramp and cabinet and cannot be removed without opening the glass.
Is thi common?

Can you post a picture of where the ball is getting stuck?

#2029 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Did the mistakenly send me 3 trunk Eddy's?

I just bought all 3 and they were all same size and larger tban originals

#2032 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

A minor inconvenience for a far superior product, from what I've read. When my stock boards start acting up, I won't have any issues drilling a hole or two to put in a board that I "shouldn't" have to touch again.

Agree. Didn't bother me and my guess is that schematics of circuitry demanded it.

#2033 6 years ago

Anyone ever seen this issue... every time I either flipper button, my flashers go off at top of game and a sound plays. Posted video here:

#2047 6 years ago

Hi guys,

Can the 1.4H rom be purchased in the states online? Appreciate any links to it.

Cheers,
Craig

#2051 6 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

Action Pinball. Has the 1.4H and the required U22 in stock. I've never purchased from them before, but a quick google search brought them up.

Thank you for that. So, what does the group recommend for the "best" ROM. I currently have 1.2 so either need to upgrade to 1.3 or 1.4H, correct? Cheers, Craig

#2052 6 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

It kind of sounds like another switch (besides the flipper) is being triggered somehow. I just tried in my TOM, but it isn't the ball plunger switch that makes that sound (when you plunge the ball). From memory, it kind of sounds like the spinner sound and light. Can you check for switch matrix errors, or the spinner switch being a little too sensitive?

You were exactly right on the spinner. The switch was stuck closed and that was causing this behavior. This does make me worry there is something else funky going on though. Perhaps unrelated by my spirit ring magnet is also blowing the fuse for coils 1-8 when energized. Any thoughts on how/if these two could be related? Thank you all!

#2058 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What are the main benefits of 1.4H? I believe I read that it improves the working saw mod?

I know the spinning saw mod had a molex connector that you have to use if running 1.4H. You don't use it in lower versions. Does 1.4h actually have different code or scoring vs 1.3?

#2096 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I bought one at TPF this year, I'm trying to look close to see the difference your talking about. Maybe I'm missing something.
Maybe the purple is off, but meh..

Like others have said, just depends what you care about and what your restoration skills and timeline are. I used a mirco for this full restore shown here and think it turned out nice. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-full-restoration-pics#post-3950975

I would be more worried about predrilling existing holes in top of playfield to prevent clearcoat lifting and cracking. Especially ball guide insert holes

1 week later
#2123 6 years ago

Did a full restore and playfield swap recently. Having an issue when a ball is locked in the vanish hole at back of playfield. If I shoot the right orbit when a ball is locked in the vanish hole the ball going through the right orbit gets stuck behind the ball in the vanish hole. I had to have left out a post or small ball guide that would prevent this I'm thinking. Can anybody see this area and take a pic on their game? ive attached a pic of the ball stuck behind the ball in vanish hole.

IMG_0188 (resized).JPGIMG_0188 (resized).JPG

#2124 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Did a full restore and playfield swap recently. Having an issue when a ball is locked in the vanish hole at back of playfield. If I shoot the right orbit when a ball is locked in the vanish hole the ball going through the right orbit gets stuck behind the ball in the vanish hole. I had to have left out a post or small ball guide that would prevent this I'm thinking. Can anybody see this area and take a pic on their game? ive attached a pic of the ball stuck behind the ball in vanish hole.

Anybody have any input on this? Any one else ever have an issue with two balls getting stuck in the vanish hole at back of playfield? Thanks for any help you can provide. Craig

1 week later
#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

You can run the switch test to see if that switch is triggered in this state. I had the same issues, and was able to resolve it by better centering the switch that detects this state.

Thanks for the reply. You know...I'm so dense sometimes that the secondary switch didn't even stand out as what would eject ball from vanish hole. Light bulb came on 2 days ago and that was the issue. Just required bending the switch arm a little and re-positioning. Cheers, Craig

#2144 6 years ago

Anybody else added the "Fire" color changing Leds to TOM? Thought it looked great. Check it out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.