IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bospins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3044 3 years ago

Hey friends - I’m a member of the club as of today!
Game is awesome, but I’m having two small issues
1)the ball doesn’t always trigger when it enters the trough for a drain. It’s intermittent, I’d say 90% of the time it works.
2) there is a slight delay betwern releasing the right flipper button and the flipper returning. Left flipper it happens right away.

Gonna poke around tonight but just wondering if these issues are common with this machine?

This is my most modern machine and first with opto flipper buttons etc.

Thanks!!

7B7861A0-36BC-4E8D-8BC7-C821A6C702CE (resized).jpeg7B7861A0-36BC-4E8D-8BC7-C821A6C702CE (resized).jpegDF8D391A-D380-4118-A654-45F1827A376B (resized).jpegDF8D391A-D380-4118-A654-45F1827A376B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3065 3 years ago

Hi friends
I have an issue where sometimes I get a 3 ball multiball, other times it’s 2 and today I played a 1 ball multi ball, which is not really a multiball at all, is it? I also got a vanish, then triggered multiball and it was a 3 ball...that should have been a 4 ball, right?

What’s the most likely cause of this? Could it be the micro switches, or magnetized balls?

#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from Saddath:

Could be one of both. Magnetized balls really messed up everything for me when i got mine. If i remember correctly i also had issues with the multiball. If they stick together in the trough the balls won't get trough the post that will let them pass to the VUK.
If you got new balls on hand change them and test. Afterwards I'd go for Switch test in vanish and the trough under the playfield.

Thanks!
I have some new balls. I’ll swap them and see if that helps.

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Made a custom anti-dust cover for my TOM and Addams. 3D printed magnets holder to fix on the pinball side rails.
Very quick to place and take off. High quality print on PVC banner.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks amazing. and I have these two next to one another in my game room too

3 weeks later
#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Was in the middle of a game recently all going well and then suddenly the game turned off. It was as if someone had unplugged, it not a reset. Game went completely off.
lt will turn on and start a game but switches row 5 and column 2 will not work. If I disconnect one connector on the opto 7 board under the playfield almost all of the switches on row five work but not the left outlane which is also a part of column 2. I have checked all the fuses, relevant connectors for good connection and replaced ULN 2803 on the CPU. Had done no work on the game prior to this to go back over and see if I messed up. I'm confused what else to try. I've gone over and overooking for disconnected or binding wires and obvious wires touching a part they shouldn't be. Please help!

Weird

I have no insights but if I were you I’d go into switch test with everything plugged in and desolder the switches one by one to see if taking one out of the circuit brings the row / col back to life. Painful but it would help you at least understand if one of the switches is the culprit.

1 week later
#3099 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Been giving my Theatre some love over the last few days. Need a new trunk so on the wait list for the unbreakable version.
Here is my latest mod. I've never really liked the original speaker panel with its hand drawn art. With the help of good friends I finally got around to doing it.
Added art and matched the colours better with the translite.
Did a version without the name plates as well.
The clock and plates will light / interact with the playfield. A lot of time involved but should look great.
Just waiting on my cpu to come back to power up and will post pics when installed.
I think deep down its my favourite game in my collection.[quoted image]

Ummmmmm take my money?

Seriously, will you be putting these up for sale?

1 month later
#3146 3 years ago

Hey Guys
Having a weird issue -
you know how when you're waiting to plunge, you can select the illusion for the skillshot using the flipper buttons? Mine cycles through them in a weird way. Some of the illusions can't be selected, and strangely, some of the magicianship lights (bottom 4 diamond shaped lights) are included in the cycle.

Haven't dug in at all yet, any ideas on where to start?

Machine seems to work really well other than this one quirk. It's a HUO machine that's very clean.

Thanks

1 year later
#3602 1 year ago

Was cleaning and waxing the machine and discovered this, Can someone tell me if this is right?
This switch looks like it should have an arm that actuates the little yellow plunger…
Upper right portion of the playfield on the right i lane return wire form.
Not getting any errors on startup. Is this switch doing anything?
C29C7AD6-A421-45C5-AEC1-B2DF0E82EFCA (resized).jpegC29C7AD6-A421-45C5-AEC1-B2DF0E82EFCA (resized).jpeg

#3605 1 year ago

What’s annoying about this is, I have to pay $8 shipping for a $1 part

3 weeks later
#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Update: Still looking for these. None of the major parts supplies (Marco, PB Life, PPS, CPR) seem to have them. If anyone has a line on some please let me know.

obvious question but have you checked ebay? lots of times i have found single plastics there. you might pay more than you want to, but if you set up an alert, it's likely to show up at some point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bospins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.