IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ben1981.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#495 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Looking for a decent set of shopout pics if anyone can send me a link... I would appreciate it.

Me too I'm a member of the club since last week and currently in the process of teardown. Especially some instructions / pics for dismantling the trunk would be awesome!

Looking so much forward to putting everything back together nice and clean!

Foto-2.JPGFoto-2.JPG

3 weeks later
#534 8 years ago

Hey guys,
i'm currently shopping my TOM, really close to assembling everything back together. But i'm running into a problem with the bulb inside the trunk. Could someone pls post a pic how it's wired up and tell me which resistor is used? Would be a tremendous help, this bulb keeps interfering with my lamp matrix and is driving me nuts....
Thnx a lot!

1 month later
#564 8 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Im having trouble making the back right ramp/wire form,
looks like the ball is coming off the rails at the entrance at the first bend and loosing all its steam?

similar problem here, ball always makes the ramp but always comes to a near stop at the first bend.

1 month later
#626 8 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

I can't get the "Lamp in Cube" (#85 in the manual) to light with an LED or incandescent. Any ideas?

This helped me a lot, my diode was wired up completely wrong.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-your-tom-trunk-is-acting-up-clean-the-gear-boxjunk-in-the-trunk/page/2#post-2683032
Cheers

#645 8 years ago

Not quite sure if it helps a lot but here's my crappy cell pic from teardown. I ended up changing the upper kickout coil to a stronger one btw. Now it kicks the ball out everytime 100%
image.jpgimage.jpg

Cheers

#674 8 years ago

Looks familiar
image.jpgimage.jpg

No more airballs from these posts!

Cheers

#677 8 years ago
Quoted from ASH-SWEDEN:

We have the metric system here, would you be so kind and tell me what kind of post I need (in inches)?

Here you go:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/metal-posts/1729/metal-post-10-32-thread-02-4036-2

Post screws in a t-nut in the playfield.

Cheers

1 month later
#770 8 years ago

just wanted to let you guys know of these awesome cards user chadsugg designed: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-rule-cards-site-launch-pinballboycom/page/5#post-2926575

i think these are definitely the best out there to date!
cheers,
ben

20160123_141413_(resized).jpg20160123_141413_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#865 8 years ago
Quoted from KyleCat:

Let's change this thread up a bit! What are your high scores and strategies? All tips would be greatly appreciated. Currently I have never obtained the grand finale and my top score is 1.729 billion.

just over 2 billion, got to but didn't finish grand finale. to me it seems the best strategy to focus just on illusions and get the rest while doing that.
but i had a game recently where the trap door awarded me midnight madness two times in a row and i really milked it! quite important in my opinion, got me close to 200 million points alone! so going for the right loop to advance the clock for midnight madness and score an extra ball is quite important too.
love that game
cheers

3 months later
#988 7 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:I saw a prototype of a 3D printed tiger but it never went to production. I forget the name of the thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-custom-3d-printed-tiger-saw-mod

Sadly you are right, OP never posted again, looked awesome.

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I sent the link to Mezelmod to see if they maybe they would do one!

Awesome idea, love their stuff, hope they consider this somewhere down the road!

2 months later
#1125 7 years ago

Cabinet looks nice! Good thing is you can't go back now
Looks like a lot of work, have been doing a lot of playfield restorations but i'm dreading a decal exchange.
Keep up the good work, good luck!
Cheers

2 months later
#1350 7 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

yes, get the auto board.

Would love to, but they are sold out on pinbits page since months... any alternative sources?
Cheers

2 months later
#1610 7 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Are any of you having a problem with the 3amp fuse blowing, if you get the left or right Hocus Pocus ball save magnet energized more than 2 or 3 times in quick succession?

Had my TOM for 2 years, never ever an issue, since yesterday i have the same problem!
Haven't figured out whats wrong. Fuse for solenoids 1 to 8 keeps blowing. But the problem is not limited to the drain magnets! So far i managed to blow the fuse in coil test with the right drain magnet, the magnet diverter and the knocker... everything on the same row. J130 looks ok.
everything works for a few minutes before the fuse pops. Transistor problem? Where to check next?
Cheers

IMG_1132 (resized).JPGIMG_1132 (resized).JPG

5 months later
#1842 6 years ago
Quoted from doodlesdaddy:

Finally got all my brass trim pieces installed. This is how TOM should be!

Beautiful machine! Only thing left is the 3D translite, that's a real eyecatcher!
Do you have the lcd or led color dmd? I want to buy one but can't decide which one would look better in my tom.
Cheers

2 months later
#2127 6 years ago

Just wanted to chime in on the rubber trunk discussion: i have one of the old rubber trunks that were made by user modellbaumann a few years ago. Never had the slightest problem after three years of use, some small chips of the paint came off over the years but it looks a lot less dramatic in person than on the picture. Also gives the trunk a bit of a mysterious aura

It does not affect gameplay at all, the trunk from georgio looks even better and i can wholeheartedly recommend getting a rubber trunk! Just put it in and forget about any problems with chipping or breaking.

Cheers

IMG_2855 (resized).JPGIMG_2855 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2140 6 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Yep, read that thoroughly already, figured I'd ask about the specific games. Some say its great, others say it scratched and ball gets hung up at places.

I do have a protecter in my TOM since 3 years, awesome product, machine plays superfast! No scratching whatsoever! Only had a small problem with the wireform entry above the popbumpers: with the protector on there was a little difference in height so slow balls got hung up there sometimes. Exactly under the right controlled gate in the orbit. Put a small plastic piece about the same height as the protector on and never had a single ball stuck there ever again!
Ask away if you have any other questions!
Cheers

#2143 6 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

How long did it take to tear off the appropriate pieces, install, and put things back together?

It is not a plug and play but you can handle the installation in about 2 hours if you know your machine. Gotta take off both ramps and the wireforms, rear controlled gates, some plastics and the flipper bats as far as i remember. On the popbumpers it's enough to remove the bumper caps.

What i especially like is how flawlessly the protector works with the trapdoor! It even protects the playfield from downward hits from the flap.
Genuinely like this product
Cheers

#2162 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Is it just me or is that trunk way out of alignment in the Bowen tutorial?

I suppose thats a PAPA style TOM, makes rebounds from the trunk more dangerous. Bowen also mentions the cellar kickout beeing more dangerous on this specific machine.

Great tutorial, i keep trying to make lefts orbit shots that end up in the pops since i saw the video

#2164 6 years ago

I too find it very hard to make the left orbit shot deliberately sloppy to feed the top lanes. Works best when flipping a bit early to graze the captive ball but most of the time the ball flies past the top lanes.

But Bowen always makes the hard things look simple, so i guess it's just not as easy as it may seem

2 months later
#2299 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What happens if you get it all?

The most unsatisfying wizard mode ending in all of pinball! The game just starts over

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ben1981.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=ben1981 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.