DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG
DSCN3291 (resized).JPG
DSCN3290 (resized).JPG
DSCN3289 (resized).JPG
DSCN3288 (resized).JPG
DSCN3287 (resized).JPG
IMG_2893 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The_Pump_House.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3290 2 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Thank you. I appreciate any advice. I am completely new to this system so this will be a challenge. I started looking at the boards in the back box and it looks like LED 7 should be on but it is out. So no 12VDC power? All fuses appear to be intact.
Hard to troubleshoot because it doesn’t boot into test mode and the DMD is out.
I understand that there are some old WPC repair guides out there that may not be available anymore. If anyone is willing to share and send the files please send a PM. Thank you in advance.

No 12v. Test the fuse

1 week later
#3301 2 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Well, here’s where I’m at so far…..
ALL fuses test OK.
Measuring .96v at TP1. LED 7 out. So yes, definitely a problem with unregulated 12v.
I unplugged J116, J117, and J118. LED7 glows dim, and TP1 only reads around 2v.
18v power is good, and 12v regulated also tests good.
So…………it looks like C30 or BR5 the likely suspects?
————————————————————
Related - what’s available out there for both replacement boards or board repair?
I’m going to take a stab at repairing this board, but if I can’t git r done I’m going to have to turn to professional help (which is pretty much anyone other than myself).

As said above... chris Hibler. But you can buy a new WPC driver board from pinballbasement.

Chris is pretty busy and it’s a bit of a wait on a board repair.

1 week later
#3313 2 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the inlane magnets to reliably drop the ball in the inlane? My magnets catch the ball 100% of the time but the release is always down the outlane

3 weeks later
#3336 2 years ago

The upper kickout hole on my ToM stopped working correctly. The switch works (ball detected resting in the hole) during switch test and the coil works during coil tests but during gameplay the ball just sits in the hole and that coil is not activated during ball search.

2 months later
#3392 2 years ago

With sorens new ToM update that fixes the trunk bug, I think there is now a must have upgrade

Quoted from altan:

Hey OreoFlapjacks
There's going to be 100 answers and none are definitive. There's so much personal opinion here. With that said, here's mine.
1. There's absolutely no upgrades that are mandatory. If something broke, fix it. But Bally/Williams games don't have a set of things required to "bulletproof" them (using vid terminology)
2. I've been slow to embrace LEDs (mostly because some people do it so horribly IMHO). But IMHO, if you go with LEDs, you must get the LEDOCD board (for matrix lights) or GIOCD for general illumination. Without the respective board, you'll lose all the fading and potentially have bad flickering. By "fading" I mean that a light will no longer be able to be 10% bright, 50% bright, 90% bright, etc. It will just be one or off. This doesn't bother some people, it bothers me.
3. The next item to seriously consider is a ColorDMD. While they are really amazing, you don't play the game on the DMD so it's not essential. Ok, well, TOM has a goofy virtual pinball mode that you do play on the DMD.
Being a "don't like modz very much" guy, those are the only ones I'd consider. But what's important is what you think
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"d47cb8ac16c61bd22b7c5d24bfbb8f9aeb37c20c-1634093648-1800"};
//]]>

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3393 2 years ago
Quoted from OreoFlapjacks:

I think mine was in pretty good shape. Playfield and cab in really good condition. All original boards with matching serials. I had some GI issues with it, but the connectors and power board were not burnt (or had been repaired). GI strands 1 & 2 were wired incorrectly such that GI 1 was sharing pins with GI3... with of course the connecting fuse blown (F108) -- (thank God for fuses!). Once that was sorted out it has been great. Thinking about the Leon fix, but after ~200 games over the past couple of weeks only had 2-3 lockups. So about 1-2% chance. Think I'll just let that be. Other than that a couple of eddy adjustments. Very happy with the purchase.

The new Soren rom fixes the trunk lockup bug

11 months later
#3762 1 year ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I’m still dealing with the basement not kicking out balls in multiball. I bent the wire on the last switch and it didn’t make a difference. I have to shake the machine super hard side to side in order for the ball to feed into the basement mechanism. If the balls are magnetized would they stick to the switches? I’ll try swapping them out just in case.

did you actually do a switch test?

Go to switch test and drop three balls one at a time into the trunk and see if all three subway switches register

2 months later
#3906 1 year ago
Quoted from georgio:

I understand, many many more wants this trunk, but molding the trunks one by one with the rubber compound price these days and the hours it take to produce is no longer an option. Mass production and investment is nothing for me and not an option for this manufacturing progress.
I'm still happy and totally busy with making props for movies as my (hired) job at the moment. Cannot have two lives. Making one Trunk takes about 4 hours! And 2 of the 3 can be thrown away after molding, because of a failure, like air bubbles still left after the vacuum process.
But who knows what happens in the future? All I can say, if the movie props demand has stopped, I know what to do!
It was definitely a great adventure which worked out into a nice product. Still lasting with the choice of the best rubber compound and painting technique. Better than we expected.
Nice memories in the making:

But what if we said pretty please?

I really want one of those trunks!

4 weeks later
#3951 1 year ago
Quoted from rmf-pinball:

Favor: My TOM spinner is not working. Fails in switch edge test as well. But... I SWEAR I replaced the whole switch mechanism just a few months ago!!
Can someone take a quick picture of their spinner switch wiring? Maybe I screwed up the wiring or diode location/orientation.
I can't find details on orientation in the manual. A closeup picture would be really helpful!
-Rob

Go to switch edges test then jump the wires on the switch together. If the switch activates you may just have a switch that needs adjusted or a bad switch.

If nothing happens then you have a wire break in the column (green orange) wire or the row (white violet) wire feeding that switch. Examine every switch in row 7 and column 3. There is probably a wire separated at one of those switches.

3 months later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
Wanted
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider The_Pump_House.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=The_Pump_House and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.