IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Slingshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#861 8 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club this week! Finally got my grail! But she is in need of some pretty significant TLC. Its a re-import from Germany. At least thats what the currency taker is showing me. Check the pics out but there is some water damage on the bottom of the cab and on the back box. The PF is going to need some help and the backbox GI is partially working too. Then I get to see what other surprises are waiting for me! I might be limping in, but hey I'm in! Finally!

(Oh ya I'm in the Shadow club too )

IMG_2846_(resized).JPGIMG_2846_(resized).JPG

IMG_2844_(resized).JPGIMG_2844_(resized).JPG

IMG_2845_(resized).JPGIMG_2845_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#886 8 years ago

Need some help looking for the hardware (correct) that goes in the spot where the T nut should be at. Thanks in advance.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#892 8 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

What should be there is a t-nut. Are you saying you want to know what size of t-nut?
People have experimented over the years with putting a post in that location of various types, and all that has resulted is the ball getting stuck and it causing potential damage to the playfield. Mine had a post someone had put there so I took it out and replaced it with a t-nut, and now it works very well. On the very rare occasion a ball gets stuck the game releases it automatically when it figures out the ball isn't draining.

That is correct I think it's a 6-32 but I'm not 100%. I also need to know what type the bolt is that secures to the T nut.

#896 8 years ago

Im thinking this is the stud just need a verification,

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4002-3

#902 8 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Well, first, let me say again, I don't think there should be a post there. There are a number of threads here on Pinside where this is discussed and the majority of ToM owners would probably tell you it's going to break your playfield. JPop and others have also reinforced this. For a brief time people were modifying it in the hopes it would reduce the chances of a ball getting caught, but it only made it worse. For that reason, I would replace the t-nut.
As for what size of t-nut. I have a #10-32, mainly because the #10 fit the trunk gear assembly box better. However, I've been meaning to replace this with a #8-32 or a #6-32, because I believe it fits the space on the playfield better.

Thanks I appreciate the help! I was not planning to put a post there I realized later after looking at it that was the wrong part that I was thinking of. I think you are right it is a 6 or 8-32 T-nut and then from what I've gathered there is a 1/2" (length) hex head bolt that then anchors the motor base to the underside of the PF right into the T-nut.

#904 8 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ah! Yes, you are correct. There is a head head bolt there to cover the distance. Do you want me to photograph it?

Absolutely! Thanks Bro!

4 months later
#1054 7 years ago

I'm having an issue and hopefully someone may be able to shed some light on this. My trunk is not turning and if and when it does it is sporadic I get the trunk error but then when I go into the trunk test it will not respond to command via the button input. I have done the leon fix board and cleaned the gearbox and added a new motor. I also just replaced the U3 and U4 chip on the motor control board and I see 12v and 5v where I should there as well as 12v to the motor. Really stumped at this point. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

link to my other thread before I replaced the L6203 chip:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/12

#1056 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Put the old board in and see if there is a difference.
Who knows, you just might have a bad replacement board...

Thanks for the response! If I'm understanding you correctly by old board you mean the opto board? The Leon board is a piggy back to the new opto board that's on there now.

I have tried by passing the Leon board and I get the same result. Also I checked Q40 and Q42 (Left & Right trunk control) transistors and pre drivers and the BR's since I was there and no issues there either. All were within .4-.6 v.

1 year later
#2101 6 years ago
Quoted from Videogod:

A lot of of us have had this problem, and this is the best fix (in my opinion). Glue a very small piece of foam as shown. The ball will rest on the foam instead of the post. Then when the trunk rotates, the ball will just glide off of the foam to freedom!

As this method maybe an easy fix; a cleaner version would be the leon board fix. I have it in my game and whenever a ball gets stuck up there (or any stucky) and the game goes into ball search the board tells the motor control board to spin the trunk the opposite direction thus effortlessly and seamlessly putting the ball back into play.

Link to the board: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tom-trunk-error-leons-fix-anyone-done-this/page/13#post-3626374

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Slingshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=Slingshot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.