IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saddath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2246 6 years ago

Yay...I'm going to join the club soon. Bought myself a ToM.
My GF fell in love with the machine when we played it at a local arcade.

It's going to be my first pin.
It's no beauty yet and will need some work especially on the cabinet and on the playfield in the area of the trunk.

Looking forward to playing and working on it now

#2249 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Congrats! Hopefully the pf isn't too bad and that it won't require too much work overall. ToM is definitely an A-list game and for it being your first one, you did well

It looked pretty solid. There is some work to do near the trunk because someone drilled a new post in to stop balls getting into the "trap" there. But he damaged the pf in that area with the drill.
The trunk needs replacement too.
Other than that it looks pretty fine.

1 year later
#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Thank you. I tried that. Still not ejecting well. It seems like it’s shooting more upward than to the side. I’m thinking about repositioning kickout assembly so it shoots the ball more to the side than straight up, but I want to hear from others first. Thank you all.

Mine did that too when i bought it. I cleaned everything of the mechanic and i put in new coil sleeves. I also tried to bend it a little. Now it works decent. it kicks it out mostly on first try, sometimes on second try.

I had the feeling the ball was kicked out to hard and hit the toop of the gate. So it's kinda strange it works better now with a new coil sleeve. Maybe my minor bending of the mechanic fixed it.

2 weeks later
#2770 4 years ago

After 1 year of owning it I finally managed to complete Grand Finale. Even set a new GC.
Now i can stop fiddly with the Illusions and hunt for a better score

20190430_111940 (resized).jpg20190430_111940 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#3069 3 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hi friends
I have an issue where sometimes I get a 3 ball multiball, other times it’s 2 and today I played a 1 ball multi ball, which is not really a multiball at all, is it? I also got a vanish, then triggered multiball and it was a 3 ball...that should have been a 4 ball, right?
What’s the most likely cause of this? Could it be the micro switches, or magnetized balls?

Could be one of both. Magnetized balls really messed up everything for me when i got mine. If i remember correctly i also had issues with the multiball. If they stick together in the trough the balls won't get trough the post that will let them pass to the VUK.

If you got new balls on hand change them and test. Afterwards I'd go for Switch test in vanish and the trough under the playfield.

1 week later
#3076 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hello, was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and clues and where to start.
My TOM sort of works ok but I am 2 issues.
Surprisingly enough the "TEST" mode is ok and doesnt signal any switch alert.
1) the 2 Ball Gate Actuator left and rigth of the top lanes / theatre mirror the are stuck always up, meaning I almost always to a big loop rather than falling in one of the two multiplier top lanes. Not a game breaker but anoying
2) the spirit ring doesnt seem to do anything anymore, as well not a game breaker but anoying, how do you test it? I seem to recall it is quite convoluted to start it up
Any suggestions?
Cheers, Etienne

1. Those are almost always up in my opinion. The only times they are down are in multiball and during strait jacket. You can test in those modes. If they don't come down check for a stuck spring or something first.

2. I would test it without a glass first. Hit right ramp. Should lite Spirit Ring and then hit the ramp again. If the magnet doesn't fire and the switches for the ramp work my guess would be that the magnet is not working anymore. Not sure if you can fix it. When mine broke i just ordered a new one.

2 weeks later
#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The mechanical adjustment on the eddy sensor changes if you just look at it hard lol.
If you have them, its the first thing to throw away and upgrade.
All 3.

Yeah i hear that a lot but it seems to depend on the game. I have to tune my eddys twice a year.
As long as it stays like that i don't need an upgrade.

#3091 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I am just in the throws of redesigning a custom speaker panel to put in my machine.
Anyone tell me why the existing clock there goes to 13??!
Thankyou!

Huh... Funny I never noticed that.
I don't think gameplay wise there is a reference to that. So no idea why they did it with 13

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Saddath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=Saddath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.