IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobbyIRL5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3463 2 years ago

joined the club recently, traded for a nice JP Premium, and I have what looks like an undocumented HUO, nice condition, but who knows, it's 25 years old. Plays great, subway pop-up eject sounds a little squeaky, so maybe it needs a little oil (that's a joke, I'll get under and check everything). It came with the rotating saw mod (still in the box) and two really cool (and artistic) tiger figures. I'm not sure if those tigers are meant to go under the glass or if they are just an accessory (maybe a topper). Anyway, glad to get another WPC back in the collection, as much as I love them, having the classics get gobbled up in my collection by new Sterns was starting to not feel right! Any specific topics or issues I should be aware of, would love the advice, I'll dig back through this forum topic, but that's going to take some time.

#3478 2 years ago

Installed the motorized saw blade tonight. Seems to power on when the ball goes through the lanes at the top, but not going to worry about it, running 1.3 right now, have 2.0 coming.

More importantly, what do I do with this tiger (in the picture). Currently sitting on the backbox but I suspect it could be put under the glass based on the size (and that was the original purpose). Would need some modifications (like cutting the rear half off!), has anybody done this?

82B81B1E-09FC-49EE-8A17-C8FA06D55314 (resized).jpeg82B81B1E-09FC-49EE-8A17-C8FA06D55314 (resized).jpeg
#3482 2 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

I have been on 1.4H for years (like day it came out). Do we need the new security chip or old one. I don't remember if I ever changed the security chip, but I feel like I might have.

Sounds like for 2.0, need the old security chip. 1.4 is the only version needing the new security chip. At least per Matt’s Arcade basement website.

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from PittPin:

I am still having a problem hooking up the Tiger Saw and Marquee. I tried using an external power supply. I had one in use already to light some speaker lights. The Tiger Saw has a controller board that had a black wire going to ground and a red wire that was hooked to TP1 for power. So I clipped the red wire and black wires and connected them to the 12 v external power supply. The power supply is plugged into a smart power strip that turns it on when the game is turned on. The problem that I have is that the saw starts spinning as soon as it gets power and does not stop. I thought TP1 supplied 12V constantly to the controller board and that hooking it up to the power supply would work the same. So anyone else hooked up the Saw and Marquee different from the TP1 power connection?
In Post 3295 I asked:
i have a question for you guys that have added the tiger saw/lit marquee mod to your game. The installation instructions call for getting 12 v by clipping the alligator clip to TP1. I did this and it works, but I don't like the idea of the clip on the power driver board. Has anyone picked up 12v for this mod from another location?
Response:
Your best bet is to route it through an external power supply.

Did you ever figure this out? I’m with you on not clipping to a test point. If you have a link to what you used, would appreciate it!

#3502 2 years ago

Pulled my 1.3 bios and found this guy under it. Lol.

2.0, saw motor mod works much better.

62483322-DFBA-48E2-962B-32CFD9AA9763 (resized).jpeg62483322-DFBA-48E2-962B-32CFD9AA9763 (resized).jpeg
#3508 2 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

I ordered the Ninja balls from Ball Barron as they seem to get good reviews. This game as well as DR. Dude has some magnets, NGG I believe doesn't have magnets. Will I have a problem with the balls magnetizing?

I used Ninja balls on CV, and they lasted about 3 games before they were getting stuck in the trough, subway, etc. I think TOM only has the magnets to save the outlanes, but I'd stick with carbon steel balls for this game.

1 month later
#3545 2 years ago

Illuminated tiger mod super cool!have the spinning saw blade, and lighted marquee mirror to go

F4CE4CF2-8346-4AE2-98E7-721EBCEE457D (resized).jpegF4CE4CF2-8346-4AE2-98E7-721EBCEE457D (resized).jpeg
#3551 2 years ago

Had switch 87 break off, new one on the way. It’s on the right return wire form (after hitting left orbit / THEATRE shot). Game still plays fine, just wondering what this switch triggers or how it affects gameplay (THEATRE mode still works).

1 month later
#3568 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just adding to my own question, when I manually pressed in switch 87 (right wire form return) it just made a magic sound but no points or gameplay related. Curious what this switch actually does gameplay wise? I’m going to replace Bc I need it to be original but it’s interesting how it didn’t change anything. Maybe during one of the modes….

I don’t know for sure but I think it probably does something when it happens in sequence with the theater left orbit shot switches (as you can make this theatre shot and not hit it strong enough dropping it through the lanes into the pops). Maybe related to a combo shot (if you keep hitting the left orbit over and over)

1 month later
#3592 1 year ago

Trunk magnet not grabbing all of a sudden. Other than checking the connectors and possible a fuse, any thoughts to get me started?

#3597 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I've had that problem and it was the fuse. Check the easy things first before thinking too much.

Fuse on the board or is there one inline near the trunk? Do you remember what fuse it was?

Thanks all, hoping for one of the easy fixes!

#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Two things MUST be working for this feature:

The eddy sensor must register the ball. Use T1 (switch edges) to verify.
The magnet must have power and a (software) controlled path to ground. Use T4 (solenoid test) to verify. Make sure the coin door is closed.

Eddy worked, magnet did not. Blown 3a fuse on the MPU board (correction, fliptronic, F903). Back in business.

Thanks all for the help!

#3600 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Eddy worked, magnet did not. Blown 3a fuse on the MPU board. Back in business.
Thanks all for the help!

Got my GC score on ball 2, but for midnight madness and grand finale, had no magnet on the trunk. So assuming the 3A fuse blew again. Suggestions on what might be causing that thing to blow? I’ll check under the playfield for wires after I finish my 3rd ball!

#3601 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Got my GC score on ball 2, but for midnight madness and grand finale, had no magnet on the trunk. So assuming the 3A fuse blew again. Suggestions on what might be causing that thing to blow? I’ll check under the playfield for wires after I finish my 3rd ball!

I’ll be damned, the magnet works now the eddy doesn't. Lol.

Just had to adjust the eddy.

#3606 1 year ago
Quoted from Bospins:

What’s annoying about this is, I have to pay $8 shipping for a $1 part

Post #3551, same thing here. I replaced the whole switch as the mounting posts were a little worn down. Was a bit of a challenge having to take the ramp off (mounts under the pf). If you can just replace the arm, would recommend that!

#3611 1 year ago

Does anybody else have a squeaky / scratch the chalkboard noise when the trap door comes up?

2 weeks later
#3641 1 year ago
Quoted from Frogroar:

I have two unrelated problems in my ToM:
d not very responsive compared to other games. It’s like the ball goes too slow whenever it gets up there, finding its way through the jets section without really touching the red bumper wafers hard enough. Is this normal? Should I incline my game more? The air bubble sits right below the second stripe starting from the bottom…
Thanks! [quoted image]

Same on mine, and I adjusted the leafs and still not real active.

1 week later
#3650 1 year ago

This is probably something more generic with WPC, but because it’s on this game I will start here. I’m a little stumped with some solenoids that are not working.

Right sling, left sling, all pops, and diverter at top are not functioning. Manual calls them “low voltage”, all getting voltage from 107-3 (testing at 67 volts), drive from 127 (all different pins) have continuity to the coil (to the q transistor, so no issues at the plug). They are all on black/red (assuming that’s the power, as the drive wire colors are all different).

Every fuse in the machine is testing fine, manual says fuse 104 for those solenoids that are out.

All test point are proper voltages.

EDIT-
Got it working using the attached diagram, ended up going back a bit to J102 and J113 ribbon, replugged both. Also re-installed the F112. Then it worked. Not sure what did it but one of those!

Take care!

2ADFC6BF-EAFF-47D0-8249-4D9A02B7D3FC (resized).jpeg2ADFC6BF-EAFF-47D0-8249-4D9A02B7D3FC (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3664 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I always hear that from a tournament standpoint, this game becomes a left orbit all day fest. Does any of the code updates (hobby wise) address this or would it be too complex? As a homeowner I never find this to be an issue, although I'm not very good!

That’s what my pro buddies tell me. Not the most fun way to play, but left orbit over and over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 11.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobbyIRL5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=RobbyIRL5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.