IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Linolium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 11 years ago

I've had a ToM for ~1.5 years now.

centerflank, did you custom make those velvet sides? I really want to add that to mine!

2 weeks later
#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Hey, does anyone have issues with air balls from the trap door? It seems like the metal flap is too thick causing massive air time when going for the right ramp. Its laying flat and down all the way, but its a huge height difference from the playfield. I am thinking its the wrong piece on mine. Are anyone's that thick or do you have a thin one like the bottom of a ramp flap?

Yes. All the time. It pisses me off because: A) It makes it very hard to shoot the right ramp; and B) I've lost many a good ball from bounces into the right outlane

1 month later
#102 10 years ago

I just added red velvet to mine as well. I dunno why I didn't do this sooner, it's so damn classy now

VelvetTom.jpgVelvetTom.jpg

#105 10 years ago

I made mine myself. It took me about 2 hours and about $15 of materials.

Or you can buy pre-made ones off of e-bay
ebay.com link: CUSTOM RED VELVET FABRIC BALLY THEATRE OF MAGIC PINBALL INNER CABINET PANELS

#107 10 years ago

Basically, I bought a 36"x24" sheet of black cardboard, cut it in half (so to have 2 36"x12" panels), then slowly chipped away at the panels so the fit snuggly on the left and ride sides of the table. Then I covered them in crushed red velvet (from jo-anns) with glue or tape or something and vuala!

So yeah, its core is cardboard, but you'd never know unless I told you. Soon I plan on taking the cardboard sides and using them as templates to make a more "industrial" Plexiglas version.

The most time consuming part of this is trimming the cardboard to fit along the playfield's contour.

3 months later
#115 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I just have to say that TOM has one of the most gratifying shots on a pinball machine . The right ramp shot to start Spirit Ring. Then for a limited time if you can nail the right ramp and the magnet "Spirit Ring" picks up the ball and moves it to the left ramp to feed the left flipper. I think it is my favorite shot in pinball.

I can shoot the middle ramp with the right flipper and the trunk hole from the left flipper on my machine which opens up some nice flowing combo possibilities.

The spirit ring sequence has awesome flow:
1) Starting on the left flipper
2) Shoot the right ramp
3) On the fly shot to the middle ramp from the right flipper
4) Continuous shots to the right ramp and spirit ring magnet from the left flipper

I can also do:
Clock Combo: Left Orbit->Middle Ramp->Right Orbit
Trunk Combo: Left Orbit->Middle Ramp->Trunk Hole
Spirit Ring Combo: Left Orbit->Middle Ramp->Right Ramp->Middle Ramp->Right Ramp...->Trunk Hole

I love the game. It's unlikely to leave my collection. The only lament I have is doing combos doesn't light the trunk to start a mode. I think if the rules had either 3 way combo spotting a trunk hit and/or a 5 way combo enabling the next mode at the trunk, then the game would be even more fun to play.

2 months later
#121 10 years ago

I'm wicked excited for ToM's Colour DMD!

3 weeks later
#152 10 years ago

If there's a lot of english on the ball, then it may still bounce into the outlane once released from the magnet. It happens to me semi often.

4 months later
#306 10 years ago

So apparently you can stack the Magic multiball with Grand Finale. I just found this out by accident tonight. Did anyone else know this? It definitely made Grand Finale a lot more fun.

9 months later
#410 9 years ago

I sold my ToM last fall... I'm really beginning to regret it now. This is the only game I've sold and really miss.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Linolium.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club?tu=Linolium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.