IMG_9247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9231 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0920 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3296 (resized).JPG
DSCN3295 (resized).JPG
DSCN3294 (resized).JPG
DSCN3293 (resized).JPG
DSCN3292 (resized).JPG
There are 4,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 87.
#2951 4 years ago

I expect to be joining this club one way or another this weekend (super stoked)

Option A: Has the ball save pop-up installed (not a prototype, so this was added)

Option B: Does not have it

Seems like a cool feature, but I assume rare to see due to the nature of what you have to do to add it!

I know this is subjective, but what do you guys think about seeing this ball save mod on this machine? Wear around it seems minimal. I am just curious if it adds to the value of the machine or subtracts from it.

Cheers!

#2952 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Option A: Has the ball save pop-up installed (not a prototype, so this was added)
Seems like a cool feature, but I assume rare to see due to the nature of what you have to do to add it!
I know this is subjective, but what do you guys think about seeing this ball save mod on this machine? Wear around it seems minimal. I am just curious if it adds to the value of the machine or subtracts from it.
Cheers!

I have no idea how it affects the pin value but me personally would not want it. I preffer my pins working as intended from factory.

Mods that only adds visual stuff Im okay with, but this added ball save make the pin behave differently than normal pins and is therefore a bastard. You will end up relying on it which is bad imo.

Also there is no way to reverse the mod which is bad too.

#2953 4 years ago

Cheers!

I think this game a quite easy with long ball times. Magna saves on the outside, ball saves at the start, I think having this pop will make it too easy once you master the device. I wouldn't put it on my game. But then again I like ghostbusters as factory without larger flippers etc

#2954 4 years ago

Cheers!

I agree with others that I remember a time when people were trying to add these to their tables, but few ever did. Personally, I wouldn't care for it since I could never go back to full original with it and it add a new wear point to the table. Just my opinion.

#2955 4 years ago

I just added some color LEDs to my back box. Before and after pics.
20200417_115332 (resized).jpg20200417_115332 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200417-115000_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200417-115000_Gallery (resized).jpg

#2956 4 years ago

Looks good, but bottom left looks better purple. That's what I did on mine and it looks good.

20190715_233124 (resized).jpg20190715_233124 (resized).jpg
#2957 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I just added some color LEDs to my back box. Before and after pics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks excellent. Are you able to take a photo of the backglass off so I can see the colours you used, the type of led and their position. I leded mine and it's close to yours but not as nice.

#2958 4 years ago

Here you go, I made a couple of changes from the previous picture, this is what I currently have.
20200417_162145 (resized).jpg20200417_162145 (resized).jpg20200417_211731 (resized).jpg20200417_211731 (resized).jpg

#2959 4 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Here you go, I made a couple of changes from the previous picture, this is what I currently have.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you very much

#2960 4 years ago

Not a problem, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

#2961 3 years ago

Hi guys, just made a mod for my Theatre of Magic!
The Sorceress!
Model 3d printed in resin, support base in pla.
Fire effect light led from Comet Pinball.
All handprinted with airbursh + brush.

P_20200317_223315 (resized).jpgP_20200317_223315 (resized).jpgP_20200317_223338 (resized).jpgP_20200317_223338 (resized).jpgP_20200317_230905 (resized).jpgP_20200317_230905 (resized).jpgP_20200317_231001 (resized).jpgP_20200317_231001 (resized).jpgP_20200317_231009 (resized).jpgP_20200317_231009 (resized).jpg
#2962 3 years ago

That looks awesome!! Really nice quality and craftsmanship

#2963 3 years ago

I'm interested in buying one if they become available.

#2964 3 years ago

Yep and me also great mod

#2965 3 years ago

That mod is nice, I just saw the price. One hundred fifty Euros plus shipping I'm passing.

#2966 3 years ago

Super stoked to be a member of this club. I appreciate the feedback (as well as those that PM'd) about the pop up ball saver. I opted to pass on that machine, the owner was super nice (and his machine was a beauty) I just determined that feature was not for me. I ended up grabbing a machine that was a little bit closer and in great shape.

The only issue is that it has the saw mod but it does not appear to function, will need to investigate that one further.

Also, it is running 1.2. Is it worth upgrading to 1.3? Do i need 1.3 for a color DMD? (Since I know I will be adding that eventually)

20200422_123807 (resized).jpg20200422_123807 (resized).jpg
#2967 3 years ago

Super stoked to be a member of this club. I appreciate the feedback (as well as those that PM'd) about the pop up ball saver. I opted to pass on that machine, the owner was super nice (and his machine was a beauty) I just determined that feature was not for me. I ended up grabbing a machine that was a little bit closer and in great shape.
The only issue is that it has the saw mod but it does not appear to function, will need to investigate that one further.
Also, it is running 1.2. Is it worth upgrading to 1.3? Do i need 1.3 for a color DMD? (Since I know I will be adding that eventually)[quoted image]

Congrats.
Yeah, according to the ColorDMD website a requirement is rom 1.3x.

The ColorDMD is really awesome for this machine though. Probably my favorite mod/upgrade. It isn't cheap, but it also isn't the most expensive thing I've done.

#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

That mod is nice, I just saw the price. One hundred fifty Euros plus shipping I'm passing.

yeah a bit stiff....

#2969 3 years ago

Also, it is running 1.2. Is it worth upgrading to 1.3? Do i need 1.3 for a color DMD? (Since I know I will be adding that eventually)[quoted image]

Tigersaw mod is only supported in certain rom versions (cant remember which).

#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Tigersaw mod is only supported in certain rom versions (cant remember which).

Depends on the specific mod actually. Some older ones required rom 1.4h. This was back when you get get it for about $75. I bought mine a few years ago, for a lot more money, but it works with rom 1.3x

Added over 4 years ago:

UPDATE: By "get it for $75" I was talking about the tiger saw kit, not the ROM.

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

yeah a bit stiff....

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately the post production of the model takes a lot of time. I added the possibility of purchasing the raw model to be completed.

#2972 3 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

Some older ones required rom 1.4h. This was back when you get get it for about $75

If you need 1.4h send me pm - i can burn one for you for cost..

#2973 3 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

Depends on the specific mod actually. Some older ones required rom 1.4h. This was back when you get get it for about $75. I bought mine a few years ago, for a lot more money, but it works with rom 1.3x

Thanks guys. I will dig under the hood and see how its hooked up. It also has a hat in the back corner with a card in it. Previous owner said it doesnt spin but i see a tiny motor in there, lol. Looks like i have some investigating to do.

#2974 3 years ago

I just added color DMD. Well worth the money!

20200424_130345 (resized).jpg20200424_130345 (resized).jpg
#2975 3 years ago

Hello - I just picked up this game
and have the problem with the trunk "freezing" (hitting when moving)

I did a bit of reading and found that threat with the " Leon " fix. Is it still available to buy? (if so where?)

whats the difference between that and this opto board from Ministry of pinball:
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/theatre-of-magic-trunk-opto-board.html

thanks,
m
PS> I posted in the TOM trunk fix thread .. but probably should have started here.

#2976 3 years ago

Looks like both do the same thing. That being said, personally I would buy Ingo's board (@german-pinball) his tz clock board is awesome. If it's not on his store just pm him.

#2977 3 years ago

Looks like both do the same thing. That being said, personally I would buy Ingo's board (german-pinball) his tz clock board is awesome. If it's not on his store just pm him.

I've pmd them days ago- but no response

#2978 3 years ago

here are some pics of the tiger saw mod installed in my game. looks like the motor was connected to the blade via a rubber gasket of some sort (That broke). Looks like whoever installed it put a switch right under the captive ball switch at the top. The idea being, you get a full hit onto the captive ball it spins the blade. There is some kind of control board in the back i assume dedicated to this mod, the power wires appear to be soldered on to the motor control board for the trunk which i though was odd.

Any idea who made this mod? I would be curious to look up the instructions.

Either way, when manually hitting the switch, i can see the motor turns, I just need to find some new rubber to link the motor to the blade.

20200426_100304 (resized).jpg20200426_100304 (resized).jpg20200426_100400 (resized).jpg20200426_100400 (resized).jpg20200426_102805 (resized).jpg20200426_102805 (resized).jpg
#2979 3 years ago

pretty sure I answered my own question, looks to be a pin-logic mod, but its not direct drive. interesting. the board matches up with the install directions.

site is long gone, but many thanks to the "way back machine" (archive):

https://web.archive.org/web/20140424201908/http://pin-logic.com/installation_of_1.htm

#2980 3 years ago

I would make a new mod, using a simple 12V computer fan motor, and hook it up to the powerboard. Then install Sorens latest 1.3 custom ROM with support for a tiger saw mod. Works even better, and doesn't require any extra switches or anything. It really is quite easy to do these days.

#2981 3 years ago

Put a really nice TOM Right Ramp on ebay along with a bunch of other NOS parts:

Theatre of Magic mint fully populated Right Ramp
ebay.com link: itm

IMG_20200422_180710 (resized).jpgIMG_20200422_180710 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2982 3 years ago

anyone have some cool instruction cards ?

#2983 3 years ago
Quoted from Paulb:

This is what I have on mine:

http://pinballboy.com/rulecards/theatre-of-magic

#2984 3 years ago
Quoted from Paulb:

right here on pinside.
Some of the best ive seen:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only

#2985 3 years ago

There's nothing in there for theater of magic that I have found.

#2986 3 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

There's nothing in there for theater of magic that I have found.

I put in a request.

I could use some too.

#2987 3 years ago

Possibly an age thing and needing to see the ball better, but I decided to try and lighten up the playfield without going the pinstadium and light it up like a football field. I simply added two spotlights up the left side and think it has done the job for me. The photo doesn't clearly show the effect but it is very noticeable in real life. The room was pitch black at the time of taking the photo and no camera flash.

IMG20200510212826 (resized).jpgIMG20200510212826 (resized).jpg

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Possibly an age thing and needing to see the ball better, but I decided to try and lighten up the playfield without going the pinstadium and light it up like a football field. I simply added two spotlights up the left side and think it has done the job for me. The photo doesn't clearly show the effect but it is very noticeable in real life. The room was pitch black at the time of taking the photo and no camera flash.
[quoted image]

My TOM was too dark too. I added 2 spotlight for each side. Now look really bright. (Photo was taken with all room lights off)
P_20200510_161357 (resized).jpgP_20200510_161357 (resized).jpg

#2989 3 years ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

My TOM was too dark too. I added 2 spotlight for each side. Now look really bright. (Photo was taken with all room lights off)
[quoted image]

What about theater stage lights like on houdini?

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Whar about theater lights like on houdini?

That would be a fun mod idea

#2991 3 years ago

I was starting to work on TOM lighting, theatre spotlights could definitely work there.

On another note, this is about 4 coats of Spray Max 2X. Waiting on another can (well, I got 6 cans lol) to do another 2 coats. I applied several decals including the main illusion area so wanting to build up a good amount of clear to make the transition nice. I painted the inlane slots black, mostly to cover up my repairs but I think it fits perfectly. All my other touchups look about 75% I think... I am sure others do it much better but after this amount of clear they are mostly unnoticeable unless you know where to look.
Pasted_Image_5_12_20__2_16_PM (resized).jpgPasted_Image_5_12_20__2_16_PM (resized).jpgPhoto_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpgPhoto_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpg

Pasted_Image_5_12_20__2_18_PM (resized).jpgPasted_Image_5_12_20__2_18_PM (resized).jpg
#2992 3 years ago

All done. Just some finish sanding and polishing but dang it's glass smooth after the last coat anyhow. Decals blended in perfectly with some virigous sanding of the built up clear. No ridge at all, almost blend in perfectly. Hard to re-create the dot pattern of the silk screen by hand and I didn't want to print out decals to try and match it so that's the only real stand out.

The three decals under the trap door and the main rabbit/illusion were all replaced. Way better than I could have touched anything up. Repaired the trunk and trap door entrance as good as I could but didn't try to color match the bondo. Never going to really see it after the cliffy.

Photo_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpgPhoto_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpgPhoto_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpgPhoto_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpgPhoto_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpgPhoto_-_Google_Photos (resized).jpg
#2993 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

All done. Just some finish sanding and polishing but dang it's glass smooth after the last coat anyhow. Decals blended in perfectly with some virigous sanding of the built up clear. No ridge at all, almost blend in perfectly. Hard to re-create the dot pattern of the silk screen by hand and I didn't want to print out decals to try and match it so that's the only real stand out.
The three decals under the trap door and the main rabbit/illusion were all replaced. Way better than I could have touched anything up. Repaired the trunk and trap door entrance as good as I could but didn't try to color match the bondo. Never going to really see it after the cliffy. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Its looking great!

#2994 3 years ago

The fuse for the trunk magnet blew, replaced it and it's working intermittently. Hasn't blown again yet, but the magnet isn't always grabbing the balls. Does the magnet need to be replaced or is that a board problem?

#2995 3 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

The fuse for the trunk magnet blew, replaced it and it's working intermittently. Hasn't blown again yet, but the magnet isn't always grabbing the balls. Does the magnet need to be replaced or is that a board problem?

Is the game registering trunk "hits?" If not, you might need to adjust the eddy board (sorry for mis-typing "opto board") under the playfield right in front of the trunk.

#2996 3 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

Is the game registering trunk "hits?" If not, you might need to adjust the opto board under the playfield right in front of the trunk.

you mean the "eddy" board?....

#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

The three decals under the trap door and the main rabbit/illusion were all replaced. Way better than I could have touched anything up. Repaired the trunk and trap door entrance as good as I could but didn't try to color match the bondo. Never going to really see it after the cliffy. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wait 10 weeks before putting a ball on it or re-assembly.

Die back is a real thing.

Its surprising how much clearcoat shrinks.

With 5 coats, after die back, there is still enough paint to do another sanding and buffing to flatten it out again.

#2998 3 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Failing to grab is common.

The mech plunger has to be raised slightly via the adjustment nut at the bottom.

Its a close adjustment.

Adjust until the top flap just barely touches the playfield but stays mostly flat against it.

When its right you will have no further problems like that.

#2999 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Wait 10 weeks before putting a ball on it or re-assembly.
Die back is a real thing.
Its surprising how much clearcoat shrinks.
With 5 coats, after die back, there is still enough paint to do another sanding and buffing to flatten it out again.

What is die back?

Definitely not waiting 10 weeks. I put my DE JP back together a few days after last coat and polishing, seems fine months later.

#3000 3 years ago

Anyone need any of these? I'm done with them.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 11.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 4,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 87.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-club/page/60?hl=brewskisbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.